Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

To Prop or Not to Prop?


Stuntman
 Share

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, EEH said:

Tell me more. 
we want to know 

It was stated in either my RO or CRO course: "One of the metrics that can be used to evaluate your match are the Monday morning comments on Enos" :roflol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

It was stated in either my RO or CRO course: "One of the metrics that can be used to evaluate your match are the Monday morning comments on Enos" :roflol:

:goof:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Lost an argument last weekend? 

Heh, no.   For years I've seen stage descriptions written as "Loaded gun lying flat, unpropped on table".  It's redundant, I get it.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. 

Admittedly, I can't stand seeing redundant instructions in stage descriptions like "gun loaded with safety engaged".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Heh, no.   For years I've seen stage descriptions written as "Loaded gun lying flat, unpropped on table".  It's redundant, I get it.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. 

Admittedly, I can't stand seeing redundant instructions in stage descriptions like "gun loaded with safety engaged".

It’s there because people are stupid and try to argue it regardless. You’d be amazed at the stuff you see if you’re exposed to it especially at level 1s. It’s like having do not drink on antifreeze 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, RJH said:

I always like it when the WSB says gun on table trigger guard over x, but does not specify laying flat. My gun will stand up without being propped and it causes much wailing and gnashing of teeth

You are why WSB’s need to be 3 paragraphs long and vetted by a range master!😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

meh.... like it really matters. if you think it's faster to stand your gun straight up, i don't much care. 

 

I actually prefer to leave some 'gaming' leeway in my wsb in hopes of getting people to try dumb stuff they have never practiced.

Somewhat agree. Always funny to not mention something like hand position. You play 20 questions all day long at the match. Easier just to make it clear more often than not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, TaterHead said:

Just to throw some gas on the fire…. A gun with a slide racker can only be laid flat if the racker is up. Racker down would be a prop and not flat. And… I suppose there is a rule somewhere addressing this.

 

What if you have a wide safety on both sides? That would do the same thing just to a smaller degree. 

 

Magwell...can't lay the gun "flat" either. 

 

I'd say you just sit the gun down and not over think it. 

Edited by Racinready300ex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Racinready300ex said:

 

What if you have a wide safety on both sides? That would do the same thing just to a smaller degree. 

Luckily I worked an empty gun table start stage at classic nationals. neither the slide racker nor a fat safety is considered 'propped'. they are just an ugly part of the gun. 'propped' refers to using other items like a magazine or stray piece of brass to balance your gun more precariously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, motosapiens said:

Luckily I worked an empty gun table start stage at classic nationals. neither the slide racker nor a fat safety is considered 'propped'. they are just an ugly part of the gun. 'propped' refers to using other items like a magazine or stray piece of brass to balance your gun more precariously.

 

that's what I would assume thanks for conformation 

Edited by Racinready300ex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TaterHead said:

Just to throw some gas on the fire…. A gun with a slide racker can only be laid flat if the racker is up. Racker down would be a prop and not flat. And… I suppose there is a rule somewhere addressing this.

What is racker “up or down”?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...