Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Nationals Dates

well, Dave, I meant no offense. ... Split Lim and L10 away from each other so the top guys don'thave to choose.

None was taken - thus all the smilies :) I thought the split that was used this past year was better - at least the top guys didn't have to choose between Limited and L-10, if they were iron-sight only guys. My point is just that I'm in L-10 regardless of what I want to do :)

I like to win, for sure, and picking up stuff off the prize table is kinda fun, but I wouldn't be getting anything out of this stuff if it wasn't for the ability to compare against the top dogs. If they're all shooting Limited, and I'm in L-10, it's definitely not a good assessment of what I'm really capable of.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ick, Open, Prod and Revo together? 27 round major, 10-round minor and 6-round major guns. That'll be some stage designing..

I know the "big boys" are Open and Limited and the People In High Places want a shot at winning both each year, but there's gotta be something better they can do.

What will be fun is if SS and L10 are together.. could make for some interesting division-shopping (maybe even during-match division shopping).

Sounds good to me!!! I will go SS and XRe you take L10

Deal! Unless I make M in L-10 before then... :) In which case, I've made a committment to spend the $$$ and switch to SSD.... Who knows, maybe I'll have an Open gun by then :)

The Tulsa match is at USSA. If everything comes together this should be a great shooting facility. I think that we should support it as much as possible.

They could always hold it at BUBBER'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget Limited and Open, we should have a stand alone Factory Gun Nationals for Production ONLY. Doing so would offer the top shooters a chance to compete in that division w/o conflicting with other divisions.

Imagine TJ shooting an LDA against TGO shooting an XD against Strader & Sevigny shooting Glocks against Angus shooting a CZ , etc.etc. etc. Now THAT would be a competition to watch & would provide excellent TV time for the public AND showing them guns they are actually likely to buy.

As it is, this year I am looking forward to a trip to Tulsa for the Production Nationals (with open & revolver side match). Regards,

D.C. Johnson

I kind of agree with Dirty Pool. Having Lim and Lim10 together and making them pick, Im not sure about. Most of your Lim guys will shoot either Lim or Lim10, but now they're having to pick between Open or Prod, which is quite different than Lim or Lim10.

I thought it worked out well this past year with Open/Lim10 together and Lim/Prod/Rev together.

Imagine TJ shooting an LDA against TGO shooting an XD against Strader & Sevigny shooting Glocks against Angus shooting a CZ , etc.etc. etc. Now THAT would be a competition to watch & would provide excellent TV time for the public AND showing them guns they are actually likely to buy.

Isn't that what we are going to most likely see at the Production match anyway?

Isn't that what we are going to most likely see at the Production match anyway?

With this setup, I believe so, b/c TJ, TGO, and other big dogs are shooting Open less and less it seems.

Who said it was going to be "another" match? You are reading too much into an invitation for a range to request to hold a National Championship. The format of such matches are the responsibility of the President.

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens

Silly me but it would seem that having L10 / Production / Revolver at one match and Limited and Open at another would make the most sense.....But then what do I know?

The first year of 5 Categories it was done that way. For people that shoot all 5 Categories, it makes no difference since they can always elect to shoot both Nationals (perhaps 3 or 4 if you count 3-Gun and Single-Stack). I suggested staggering the categories so that shooters with only one or 2 guns might also have that opportunity. If you split Open/Limited-10/Revolver from Limited/Production, then one Production legal gun, magazines and gear could also be used for Limited-10. Someone with only a Limited gun could shoot also shoot it in Open. Finally, someone with just a Revolver and a Production gun could then also shoot both hangun nationals. One could suggest several other reasonable combinations, but I think it's important to let the "top guns" shoot both Open and Limited, and also to give Revolver and Production categories the most chance for more entries.

This format gives the non-Open shooter a lot of options. Limited, and either Production or Revolver for me! Now where is that Provisional Single Stack Division Nationals gonna be and when? To shoot Limited, Production, and Single Stack Nationals in the same year would be awesome! Seeing the top dogs compete in all three would also be interesting. Not shooting Open, or L10(don't get me started), this is just about the perfect scenario for the iron sighted semi-auto shooter.

Edited by fomeister