Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Gun Do You Shoot In Ssp?

Chills1994

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Steyr is an OUTSTANDING gun for IDPA. Have used it in SSP & can be used in ESP. Recently, I have switched to the CZ SP-01, though in the past I used the CZ 85 Combat, the CZ 85 Compact (.40) and the Jericho 941B (baby desert eagle .40).

Glock 34.....f/o front sight ...heinie race cut rear sight... everything else stock....got bumped twice this season shootin it in 2 matches...

Bumped? To ESP? Really?

I think he means bumped up in classification.

Hey Airic,

Did you see the last Tactical Journal? Hackathorn had his usual article in there. He says the XD is in ESP, and Glocks are in SSP. Well, some Glocks could be shot in SSP, ESP, and CDP.

Talk about bang for your buck! But I don't think that really lives up to the spirit of IDPA. I'd think they'd want you to have 3 different autos and 2 different revolvers.

But I thread drift...

Thanks for all of the responses so far everyone!

Chills

______

"Having hand grenades makes you forget you're carrying a pistol."

Heard from a returning National Guardsman

I use my daily carry/duty gun---Glock 22. It's always nice to get in some extra practice if and when the time comes where I'll need it for real. I also "compete" with my duty belt on. For much the same reason I shoot my duty gun. Always best to be proficient with the items you carry everyday.

Most people think I'm nuts, but I usually shoot my HK usp.45 in ssp[yea, I know] I also shoot my Kahr p-9 to keep up skills w/my summer carry gun.These are what I carry so these are what I shoot.

A couple of years ago Bob Vogel won the WV state IDPA championship with a USP 45 i believe it was an Expert model.

Competition is only what you make of it. As long as what your doing aligns with your goals and makes you happy everyone else should be thrilled.