Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers in stock, I told you guys they were coming back !!

ysrracer

To be fair, sub 100 out the door in the store is better anything I've seen online in the past year (at least) once you account for hazmat and shipping.  Most "found primers on the shelf!" posts I've seen have price tags of 125 minimum.. so 90 bucks is good news to me! Lets hope it keeps on going down. 

8 hours ago, louu said:

$90? We all need to stop paying these ridiculous prices and they will come down 

Also For hamburger, fuel, clothes, toilet paper, etc.?  I think the days of $25 primers are gone forever….

Edited by NoSteel

2 minutes ago, NoSteel said:

Also For hamburger, fuel, clothes, toilet paper, etc.?  I think the days of $25 primers are gone forever….

Nothing is as cheap as it was two years ago. Here's gas today in So Cal. Primers will never be as cheap as they once were.

IMG_20220220_094832255.jpg

18 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

You must shoot a lot to need all those primers.

“All those primers”???

At best there were only 48 boxes on that shelf. I gots friends to think about too you know.  We all need primers!  You can’t be leaving them in the store for some stranger to grab. That’s just wrong. 

:)

Edited by Cuz

On 2/21/2022 at 7:00 AM, Cuz said:

Not only would I have no problem paying $90, if there was no limit I’d take that whole bottom shelf.

I don't think primers will fall in price any time soon. First the limits will grow and then drop off and only then maybe we'll see prices fall but I think that's unlikely. If I'm seeing primers in stock in the store for a reasonable price by today's standards, I'll buy a couple. But gone for now are the days that I look to max out a hazmat shipment.

45 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

I don't think primers will fall in price any time soon. First the limits will grow and then drop off and only then maybe we'll see prices fall but I think that's unlikely. If I'm seeing primers in stock in the store for a reasonable price by today's standards, I'll buy a couple. But gone for now are the days that I look to max out a hazmat shipment.

Agreed, everything is more expensive now. If primers ever come down to $45 a thousand, I'd be surprised.

If you had a product you could sell for $90, what would be your motivation to sell it for $45?

51 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

Agreed, everything is more expensive now. If primers ever come down to $45 a thousand, I'd be surprised.

If you had a product you could sell for $90, what would be your motivation to sell it for $45?

Completely agree, but at some point people will be stacked deep and then prices will fall and people will wait for the bottom while they shoot through their stockpile and then when they are so cheap they won't stockpile because it's cheap and plentiful and then a panic will be triggered and we'll be in the same spot.

The only thing that caught me off guard were 12 ga trap and hunting loads so that's on my future stockpile list now too.

25 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Completely agree, but at some point people will be stacked deep and then prices will fall and people will wait for the bottom while they shoot through their stockpile and then when they are so cheap they won't stockpile because it's cheap and plentiful and then a panic will be triggered and we'll be in the same spot.

The only thing that caught me off guard were 12 ga trap and hunting loads so that's on my future stockpile list now too.

never saw the birdshot scarcity coming either.  never again...

• 2 weeks later...

I agree the prices aren’t going to drop. You can see this with the lumber cost and all the inflation. I think the raw materials and the decline in the number of suppliers that couldn’t make it through the last few years.