Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers

Carole

On 3/3/2021 at 6:00 PM, SGT_Schultz said:

If you're willing to pay $30 per hundo, there are plenty to be had

$30 for a hundred primmers? You can buy a hundred of  loaded 9 mm ammo for that same price, or very close. I don't use small pistol or large pistol primers at all. I use small and large rifle primers for everything. I got probably 7000 FLP primers in the back shelf I don't use.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Where?

9 mm ammo is 55 - 60 cents a round anywhere you look.

Last Thursday at IDPA match my friend had me buy him two boxes of 9mm fmj 50 rounds(100 rds) and it came to $49.10 just saying. There was a two box limit. This is kansas.

Edited by usmc1974

Midway had a bunch of primers come into stock this morning, I seriously kept checking, walked away to get my kids ready for the day, came back and a bunch came into stock, and were already out of stock, and I couldn't buy them. Even the one that said "Available" system would not let me add it... big bummer.

10 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Where?

9 mm ammo is 55 - 60 cents a round anywhere you look.

Bass Pro, Cabelas, Academy Sports. I've scored 1000's of 115gr range 9mm from them in the last 3 weeks for 35-40 cents a round. CCI SP primers for $38 per 1000. 

Edited by jejb

4 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

The local Cabela's has a line an hour before they open every day of the same people that buy up what they can.

Scavengers 😡

Probably going online to sell at $145 a thousand. 

9 hours ago, jejb said:

Bass Pro, Cabelas, Academy Sports. I've scored 1000's of 115gr range 9mm from them in the last 3 weeks for 35-40 cents a round. CCI SP primers for $38 per 1000. 

You must either be there first thing in the morning when they open or else live in BFE

On 3/16/2021 at 10:10 AM, Intheshaw1 said:

The local Cabela's has a line an hour before they open every day of the same people that buy up what they can.

Yeah, that's true. Pretty much the same guys are the first few in line. And the supply varies a lot. Some days, nothing, some days (like today) very little and some days tons of it. 

On 3/16/2021 at 12:17 PM, Lastcat said:

Scavengers 😡

Probably going online to sell at $145 a thousand. 

Yep... this pisses me off to no end as well.... it's absolutely wrong and sad that people do this for their job essentially now, sniping components and reselling on gun broker. Meanwhile the real shooters get screwed especially b/c most of us work full time jobs (some more than one). 

On 3/16/2021 at 11:10 AM, Intheshaw1 said:

You would think they could come up with a way to prevent that. I know I could.