Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig X5 Legion for CO- Sight Questions

RobE1010

I have a new to me Sig X5 Legion that I just picked up for a dedicated CO pistol. My first foray into CO as well as a slide mounted RDS pistol. 

I am curious which RDS direct mount to the X5 Legion slide without need for an aftermarket mount plate. If a mount is needed for chosen RDS- which is best for the lowest, most secure, and overall durability option? I am currently looking at & deciding between the Sig Romeo3 Max, Romeo3XL, Leupold DPP, and Alpha3 sights. 

Any advice, suggestions, and reference/pics are appreciated. Thanks! 

Hello: Don't worry about the plate height. It only moves the dot up at most 3/16" but closer to 1/8". If you have a good budget I would look at the Trijicon SRO and the Sig Romeo 3 red dots. As for plates I am using the Springer plate for my Holosun 507C. I have a non Legion P320 X5. Thanks, Eric

I'm running Sig RomeoMax 3MOA on Springer plates.  Liked it well enough that I'm building a backup just like it. :)

For this moment in time - I think the RomeoMax on a Springer Plate is the "best" setup for the Sig X5 Legion.   

But as "The Dude" would say.... That's just my opinion. ;) 

Edited by Chutist

11 hours ago, eboadway said:

I agree with you, Chutist. I have 2 with 3XL's on Springer plates. Great setup!

Same here.  There is another P320 coming out that mounts the Sig Romeo 3 Max and XL directly to the slide.  Availability date unknown.

There is another thread (<-- click) on Enos with a link to Osage County Guns.  

BC

I would venture to recommend the Springer plate and the FTP Alpha 3. I had four Sig Romeo3 Max and liked them but the cost savings is pretty significant and the quality of the optic, dot, and glass is superb! Phil is a great guy to deal with and fast shipping too. The Springer plate for the Romeo3 Max and XL is the one to use as well. 

On 12/14/2020 at 11:26 AM, Posvar said:

I would venture to recommend the Springer plate and the FTP Alpha 3. I had four Sig Romeo3 Max and liked them but the cost savings is pretty significant and the quality of the optic, dot, and glass is superb! Phil is a great guy to deal with and fast shipping too. The Springer plate for the Romeo3 Max and XL is the one to use as well. 

I would have thought about the Alpha 3 for a back up gun but from their site:

Note: all optics are sold out unti mid March 2021

If you can't get it.... Price doesn't matter. ;) Just like 9mm ammo! 🤣

Thanks all for your thoughts and recommendations. I was able to check out a few different red dots here locally as well as some on local shooters' CO setups.

I decided on & ordered the Romeo3 Max with the Springer X5 Legion mount. We'll see how it all works out as I'm only used to a red dot on my old frame mount Open setup. Going to see if I might convince the future wife to give USPSA a go as well. Thanks again all!

Romeo3 Max Direct mount FTW! 

But in all seriousness if you don't care about putting the factory rear sight back on, for $75 more than an adapter plate you can have your slide milled for your exact optic.

ig9XtLd.jpg 

Optic cut done by Vulcan Machinewerks, Fabricated Arms did the other slide milling. 

56 minutes ago, Archangelgt said:

Romeo3 Max Direct mount FTW! 

But in all seriousness if you don't care about putting the factory rear sight back on, for $75 more than an adapter plate you can have your slide milled for your exact optic.

ig9XtLd.jpg 

Optic cut done by Vulcan Machinewerks, Fabricated Arms did the other slide milling. 

This is the way 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 10:26 AM, Posvar said:

do you have a picture of this setup? I can’t seem to find any.