Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Cool Stuff Have You Won?

I posted a little while ago about winning a pistol certificate at the recent "Annual Gloock Match" here in the Atlanta area. I wish I could say it was the result of some fabulous shooting, but it was luck of the draw in the RO drawing that got me the gun.

A couple of years ago at the first Area 6 3-Gun match, I won a Rugged Products (is that right?) 3-gun cart (the "baby-stroller-on-steroids" type) in an RO drawing. I use it all the time; 3-gun match or not!

I also won a revolver in the GA State match RO drawing (see a pattern here yet?) a couple of years ago that was donated by the guest RM. I think he called it a "canal gun" (gee.....I wonder what that means?).

Other than cleaning kits and shok-buffs and such, what cool stuff have you won?

...Mark

Edited by ima45dv8

Won some cash a couple of times, almost covered gas to the match!

Schuemann barrel

10/22

Larue SPR scope mount-awesome mount!

Spec Ops "THE" Pack and a half dozen accessory pouches-some of the best gear made by the dynamic Jeff Wemmer!

Many thanks to the fine sponsors of the shooting sports.

At my first 3Gun match I won a Shooter's Connection Tournament Series Range Bag on a Lewis Class win, and I still use it every weekend several years later,

At a GSSF match a couple of years ago I was fortunate enough to win 2 Glock certificates on the same day.

Other than that, a Benchmade knife or Surefire flashlight have been the most useful small items. Just last month I won a $50 Grams gift certificate in an RO raffle that really made my day.

For some reason, the cash that I have won shooting is not anywhere as memorable as the items, probably because it was used to pay off the match expenses.

I think it appropriate in this post to thank the donors like Chuck Bradley at Shooter's Connection, Beven Grams at Grams Engineering, Benchmade, Surefire, and all the others whose donations make it to the shooters and ROs in the form of prizes. Thank you.

Hey...Otis...didn't you win a freakin' brand new TRUCK!?!?

Well, technically, my wife won that. And it was from a Hospice fundraising raffle, nothing to do with shooting. And I had to pay taxes on it. But, yeah:

New Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4!

At last years TN.sec match I won a ziplock bag.It contained a SOG.folding knife,a $25 Midway certificate,a Wilderness gunbelt and a Montana Gold t-shirt.At last weeks TN. IDPA match I won a I-Shot range bag by way of the number in my shooters packet matching the number on the prize.

Edited by et45

A couple of years ago at the first Area 6 3-Gun match, I won a Rugged Products (is that right?) 3-gun cart (the "baby-stroller-on-steroids" type) in an RO drawing. I use it all the time; 3-gun match or not!

Got one of those off a prize table a couple years ago. Nice cart and it's still in the box in a corner...maybe I'll shoot rifle again someday! :P It's called the RuggedGear Shooting Cart.

Hmm..lets see

Winchester '94

three STI frames (sold most)

Caspian SS competition frame

Ruger Super Blackhawk

three or four Caspian slides

SVI slide

BarSto barrels

Nowlin Barrels

three C-Mores

Fanny packs

Assorted bags

Starline Brass

Vit powder

Primers

Cleaning supplies

and of course CASH

Thanks to the many sponsors and organizers who make the prize tables happen

Not much...

Cash & belt buckles at the 2004 SC Sectional

T-Shirt at the 2004 SC Toys for Tots match

Shooters Connection gun cover & box of targets at the 2005 SC Sectional

A few certificates for stage design and division placement

Not going to quit my day job anytime soon....

Guns ...

S&W Sigma @ Lady Smith Match in '94

S&W 3913TSW @ Lady Smith Match '95

Baby Glock @ Area 4 (Raffle) '96

Rock River AR-15 @ TX Open (Raffle) '00

STI Trojan (Contingency) '02

S&W 625 JM @ Lady Smith '05

Other stuff...

STI frame kits

STI 10/22 trigger kits

1911 Slides & barrels

Brazos Compensators

Clark S&W 41 barrel

Electronic Muffs

Bullets (Bulletworks, Precision Bullets & Montana Gold)

Primers, Powder & Loaded Ammo

CASH

Big Thanks to all of the prize table coordinators and the sponsors! :wub:

The coolest thing was the first pistol I ever won: a custom Springfield P9 .40 with a jeweled hammer and barrel. That was for a top lady win at the Western States Championship way back when. The most useful thing I've gotten off a prize table was an Oehler chronograph followed by a CED timer. Although after thinking about it for half a second, I realize I've been using the same hemisphere holster that I nabbed off a prize table back in '97. That one would obviously claim the "most useful" title. Another couple prizes with a high coolness factor are the silver IPSC target necklaces and the belt buckles I scored from the TXSL. As for other items, just take a look at my classified/for sale post! :D STI has also been very generous with contigency money and I appreciate all the support they give for the sport as a whole.

Frontier Gun Safe with the following in it

Ruger Red Label in 20 gauge

Remington 870 Classic Trap 12 Gauge

Marlin 1895 lever gun in 45-70

Springfield Armory XD 40 (40 S & W)

Taurus M 63 in .22 semi-auto

Savage Model ML10 Muzzle Loader in .50

Baikal 12 gauge Coach Gun

Ruger No. 1 in .270

Ruger SP 101 in .357

Chipmunk .22

Frontier Gun Safe with the following in it

Ruger Red Label in 20 gauge

Remington 870 Classic Trap 12 Gauge

Marlin 1895 lever gun in 45-70

Springfield Armory XD 40 (40 S & W)

Taurus M 63 in .22 semi-auto

Savage Model ML10 Muzzle Loader in .50

Baikal 12 gauge Coach Gun

Ruger No. 1 in .270

Ruger SP 101 in .357

Chipmunk .22

Good Lord! That's a lot of hardware in one load.

Was that one of those NRA drawings?