Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Cool Stuff Have You Won?

Coolest? $2,000 in crisp new hundred dollar bills, sprinkled over my head from Richard Davis' perch, after my very first shoot-off at Second Chance. Many years ago.

It sounds like the memory is worth more than the money?

Won $100 in a slot machine in Peurto Rico one night. Spent it that night I think. Can't remember...

Got this really cool stuffed tiger for this Filipino chick one night at a fair in Daytona Beach. Cost me about 40 bucks in tickets I think. She liked it alot. Can't remember her name...

Oh well,,,

:D:PB)

1. $250 certificate to Robar

2. Bucket of "Dunk it" cleaning solvent

3. HP1 ear muffs

4. Makarov recoil springs

5. Check for $12.50

6. Bag of misc. grip screws, none of which have ever fit any 1911 I ever owned.

7. 2lb. can of REX-3 powder, which no one I have ever known of, has ever heard of. 3 gr. of it makes the smokiest .357 load you ever saw.

8. Roadside emergency kit which turned out to be empty.

9. Log of Skoal

10. T shirt from the 95 Bianchi Cup, cept I won it in 04.

11. Steel knock out rod with several large burrs on it.

12. A live turkey

There was more stuff, but it goes downhill pretty hard from here, this is all the good stuff I ever won.

Thanks to all the people that donate to the prize tables, if nothing else I usually end up with something good for a laugh.

Springfield P9 in 40cal with tritium sights

Taurus 5-shot 44special revolver

Checks for $35 at MD club matches

Checks for $40 for high Glock, club matches

Envelopes with 300+ in cash

Safariland 011 holster

Glock certificate [got a G35]

Left early from prize tables where I could've had a Pact IV timer and 1/2 price off a custom gun. Oops.

Couple of those rare, highly-sought-after Tasco binoculars. Some 1/2-strength mag release springs. And those heirloom-quality 30cal-rifle-bullet-key-chains.

Most of the good stuff came when there was only one or two Divisions.

Edited by eric nielsen

One of the coolest is a RO1 target taping gun that I got from the 1996 AWARE invitational. I use it all the time. I also won a Glock G-22 at AWARE one year. This is one of the reasons I still work the match every year. Two years ago I got a Caspian slide and .45 Schuemann barrel from the RO table. This is what it looks like now.

post-924-1130248303_thumb.jpg

Somehow, I've always managed to win when the match is trophy only... :(

The coolest thing I took away from a prize table was a $150 gift certificate for ISMI at the '97 Open Nationals.

This question makes me feal better about the question about how many rounds shot.

Shotgun=Golden Clays Browning =Luck

Rem =With skill

S&W 686+ and a 22 at steel challenge=Skill =Steel challenge always more than the main entry fee

2 - 22 rimfire guns =with luck

Over $7,000 at Sportsman's Team Challenge= Skill spread out over many years though.

scopes = nice ones & electronic ear s from Ridgeline INc

holsters Safailand

Nice bags& pislot cases from Dillon

Small safe from Canon

lots of Powder and bullets

More stuff than I deserv becaus i dont remember it all

mailed out & emailed maybe over 40 thankyou letters

I feal lots better know after yesterdays question about shooting a 1,000,000 rounds

The coolest things I won are a couple of pieces of saffron-colored paper. One says "High Overall Lady" and the other says "Sharpshooter". They came from a little charity PPC match a few of us from Angelo shot a few years back.

Up there equal to it is the boatload of stuffed animals I won for my niece this year at a fair.

Liota

Liota just reminded me of the Sterling Silver IPSC Target charm and couple of cool belt buckles that I've won @ the TX Limited in years past. I wish more matches would give useful trophies (watch, bracelet, charm, belt buckle). Also forgot about several Safariland 012 holsters I've picked up at Nationals over the past years.

I wish more matches would give useful trophies (watch, bracelet, charm, belt buckle).

Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes! I'd forgotten I wear a wrist watch that was a prize for the top 8 ladies from the 2000 Ntl's. It's not an expensive one - the kind that you can order with a logo on it from promotional companies. But it's darn cool as it has a 1911 as the logo.

In the early 70s it was common for nice engraved pewter bowls and platters to be given as trophies at pointing dog trials. I have a few 6 and 8in bowls and a 14 in. serving dish. That dish came with a pretty good check in it. The money is long gone but every night when I empty my pockets and put my stuff in that dish I think of a dog and a covey of quail and one perfect point. A once in a life time moment with a once in a life time pointing dog. I think I will keep that dish.------Larry