Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why No P320 X5 Legions?

BillChunn

Ok, aware of the "panic" buying in the country and the 5 million new gun owners but why are there no P320 X5 Legions available at the "normal" price?  Yeah, they are available on certain websites for $1,500 which is beyond ridiculous for a gun that has a $850 dealer price. 

Did Sig do something that stopped production?  Are they slowing down manufacturing due to supplier issues?  Have they stopped making them due to changes required to mount their own line of optics (Romeo3 Max and XL)?

Placed an order for one in August and was told not to expect anything until January at the earliest.

Anybody got the inside scoop?

BC

I set "notify when available" at several sites and just waited.  About two weeks ago one popped up at "Grabagun" and I bought it.  I think you're just going to have to look across every dealer you can find with online inventory and when one pops - don't blink! 😉. OR some guy will buy it to repost on GB for 1500...

Hell I'd consider selling the one I just bought as a backup for $1500! 😅

I was also looking for an MPX - they popped up at Palmetto and I thought about it for a day.... A day too long. I found one but it took another two weeks of digging.  Sometimes you can go direct to a dealer with a listing on GB. ;)

Good hunting 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

If you want one, post on here you are looking to buy one.  Those requests usually get filled within a couple of days.  Yes its used but it gets you in the game.  Buy a new one down the road for your primary match gun, and use the used one as a backup.

Edited by Boomstick303

They're the hot gun for Carry Optics and have a fairly sexy look for regular gun buyers, so it's not really such a surprise that they're in short supply, even on the used market. I know I love the heck out of mine, and would certainly be in the market for a second as a backup gun.

I am also hoping Sig is gonna release a Romeo3-cut version at SHOT 2021. The whole competition world has been screaming for it... probably call it the P320 X5 MAX or something ridiculous. :)

I would guess it’s more a matter of production runs, with all the models of 320’s SIG makes, it wouldn’t make sense to make all the models all the time, too many different part to stock in the fitting room.

instead again I’m guessing, they’d dedicate this weeks run to the compact, next week the M17, and so on until they get back around to the compact.

i was in the same boat, I looked for weeks and it was out of stock everywhere, then all of a sudden everyone had them in stock for a week, then poof gone again

I picked one up about a month ago at Vances Outdoors in central Ohio.  I kept watching their web site and when one showed up I called and put a deposit on it.  Then drove two hours to get to their store.  They are a huge Sig dealer and get a X5 Legion every once in a while.  I just looked at their web site and it showed the retail price at almost $1000.00!

Also, if you look at Sig's web site they are advertising for machine operators, which makes me think they are maxed out on what they can currently manufacture, especially with the US military contract.

I am not sure where you have been since March, but this is not a Sig P320 X5 Legion problem. It is way deeper than panic buying. This is a nationwide firearms and reloading supply problem. One major firearms distributor I deal with carries 2007 SKU's of handguns. On any normal day last year they would have had 1500 to maybe 1850 on hand. Today they have 8. The consumers and first time gun buyers have gone batshit crazy. The distributors have massive orders. Most of what is coming into distributors is spoken for. This will not be fixed any time soon. The manufacturers are not slowing down. Some have added extra shifts and overtime that has not been available for several years. Check Gunbroker, there have been plenty going for fair prices recently.

13 hours ago, Chutist said:

Bunch of used ones on Texas Gun Trader maybe someone will ship?

For example:

https://texasguntrader.com/category/900/Handguns-for-Sale-Pistols-for-Sale/listings/1647792/SIG-P320-X5-Legion.html

Message sent thru that website.  Seller replied it was sold.

Found another one on that site, offered $1K and coverage for FFL cost and shipping.  They said face-to-face only.

The search continues.....

Edited by BillChunn

11 minutes ago, BillChunn said:

Message sent thru that website.  Seller replied it was sold.

Thanks

New ones there all the time, today:

https://texasguntrader.com/category/900/Handguns-for-Sale-Pistols-for-Sale/listings/1659099/NIB-SIG-Sauer-P320-X5-Legion-With-Extra-Mags.html

I've still got "lines in the water" at several sites. If a new one pops up at a dealer, I'll PM you. :). I think the Tribe here should be able to fine you one without to much pain..

10 minutes ago, Chutist said:

New ones there all the time, today:

https://texasguntrader.com/category/900/Handguns-for-Sale-Pistols-for-Sale/listings/1659099/NIB-SIG-Sauer-P320-X5-Legion-With-Extra-Mags.html

I've still got "lines in the water" at several sites. If a new one pops up at a dealer, I'll PM you. :). I think the Tribe here should be able to fine you one without to much pain..

Thanks.... Really appreciate the PM if you come across one.  Already have five 21 round magazines for USPSA so the extras in that ad for the additional money ($1,150) is what caused me to lose interest.  Have a dealer in MI looking for me.  With the additional mags in hand, would buy one that has the 10 round magazines.  Would use them for Steel Challenge competition.

Thanks again.

BC

42 minutes ago, fedupflyer said:

I was up at the Sig Academy a few weeks ago and bought a 320 Legion at the student price.

I am not sure if you can call up the Sig Pro Shop and buy one but if you really want it, it may be worth a shot.

What is the student price?

8 hours ago, fedupflyer said:

I was up at the Sig Academy a few weeks ago and bought a 320 Legion at the student price.

I am not sure if you can call up the Sig Pro Shop and buy one but if you really want it, it may be worth a shot.

You can call and order guns and rifles from the Sig Pro shop. That’s where I bought my 2 MPXs, X5, p226 and 1911. You have to establish an account prior to buying from them.

I got 10% off and free 2-day fedex shipping with my military discount.

Edited by George16

Purchases from the Sig Pro shop must be made within 90 days of completing one of the Sig Academy classes.  From their website:

Academy students enjoy even greater savings with 15% off select SIG SAUER branded firearms, and accessories within 90 days of completing a course. Proof of course attendance must be presented at time of purchase in the form of your course completion certificate or registration confirmation. 

A majority of their classes are already booked.  As of now, first non-LEO / Instructor class is in January 2021.

BC