Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 Evolution - Tuning & Troubleshooting

This thread has been split off from the Mark 7 Evolution thread as a tuning, technical, and troubleshooting thread. Please only post those type of questions in this thread.

For general discussions of Mark 7 presses, please use this thread. 

Edited by GrumpyOne

this is the production version of the powder drop on the evolution

On 6/3/2018 at 9:26 AM, Nigels1911 said:

Of course comes with a powder drop. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 9.25.50 AM.jpg

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow me to clarify on some of the confusion in this thread. I spoke with Dan at Mark 7 today to make sure I received the information from the horses mouth, so to speak.

1. The Mark 7 powder measure comes STANDARD for no extra charge on all Evolution presses. There is no plan to charge extra for the powder measure. When you buy an evolution as of right now, no dies are included, but you do receive their powder measure. It is NOT a spray painted Hornady powder measure. It is their own design.

2. The Mighty Armory decapping die does NOT come standard/with the Evolution press. It is an OPTION to purchase the decapping die with the press.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask. We are expecting the first pre-ordered Evolution presses to be in customers hands in the next week or so.

-John

Shooter's Connection

Clarification: The Mighty Armory Decapping Die is in fact standard equipment on the Revolution Press going forward and is available for sale at Mark 7 for purchase.

This is an exclusive die in the Mark 7 Red color with heavy knurling, Our Heat treated Punch Top and AP Pin with Mark 7's identification on the Cap.

Mighty Armory will be listed as a vendor here late today or tomorrow.

Wayne Patrick

Mighty Armory

Cranston, RI 02921

Made in the USA.

MARK 7 DECAPPING DIE.jpg

Edited by WaynePatrick

28 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

is this decap only or does it size?

It is a reallllly beefy decap only die. With the Evo and Revo you have the extra stations for it, and it puts less stress on the press. Also, easier to change out the pins on the Mighty Armory die. I have one, myself, and am going to be using it just like that.

19 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

I have a modified lee u die that sizes great but always a pain keeping the decap pin tight. 

If you prefer to decap and size at the same time you won't have that problem with our 223 die or any other.

I do prep work first. I prefer to decap first then swage (if needed) and size, fully clean the brass and then reload.

I know my skills is the mighty armory and the MA/Mark7 decap die using the same decap pin I will need several spares.

Does anyone know what other dies are included in the press if we ordered before the cut off date?

14 minutes ago, WarrenZ said:

I know my skills is the mighty armory and the MA/Mark7 decap die using the same decap pin I will need several spares.

Does anyone know what other dies are included in the press if we ordered before the cut off date?

If you order from a dealer (like Shooter's Connection) we all ordered before the cut off, and any pre-ordered presses from us will have dies. I think they are shipping with Lee dies (4 die set) as of right now.

7 minutes ago, SSGJohnV said:

If you order from a dealer (like Shooter's Connection) we all ordered before the cut off, and any pre-ordered presses from us will have dies. I think they are shipping with Lee dies (4 die set) as of right now.

Second the above. DAA will be shipping mine with LEE dies in 9mm. However, I believe they will set the machine up with and caliber you want. 

Edited by quiller

6 hours ago, ddc said:

If you don't have the primer collator then how do you feed the primer system? Conventional primer tubes?

It ships with a conventional primer tubes.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, tanks said:

I asked the same question from Mark 7 as I wanted to read the manual before placing an order as most people answering the phone over there were not able to answer anything other than general questions. . Their response was that it will come with the press. I don't think they have an electronic version up yet.

The User Manual is pretty exhaustive and lives at mark7community.com.  we grant access when the machine arrives.  There are also installation videos being posted now to make the installation process smooth.

Mark 7

2 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

Nice.  Did you order the pro kit separate from the press?

Yes. I already had an auto drive on my 1050 with bullet sensor, swage sense and a new MBF bullet dropper. 

The bullet dropper shipped from DAA was the old style that needs a rubber band!

Just a couple notes/issues I had when installing. I had to double up the washers on the pole connector piece. Using the single washers depicted in the instructions had way too much wobble and slack. I had 4 extra washers leftover from install so I just doubled up and that solved my problem.

The unit comes with a low primer sensor that works manually or with an auto drive (you just have to remove the batteries when used in an auto drive).

The powder drop unit is pretty impressive, attaching the powder funnel to the powder drop base was a PITA and I hope I never have to do that again.

My unit came with dies from DAA. 

if they made the funnel portion of the powder hopper a bit taller it wouldn't be so bad to connect, it was a lot of "fun" for me too. I had some concerns with the 3D printed plastic C clip that you need to screw down to hold the powder hopper, but Mk7 is already sending me a machined aluminum one. Which did you get? 

6 minutes ago, slavex said:

if they made the funnel portion of the powder hopper a bit taller it wouldn't be so bad to connect, it was a lot of "fun" for me too. I had some concerns with the 3D printed plastic C clip that you need to screw down to hold the powder hopper, but Mk7 is already sending me a machined aluminum one. Which did you get? 

The cheap plastic one. I had the same concerns as well. I’ll email them next week and see if they will replace.  I’ll worry about it once I get my conversion kits in and start running the press. 

Edited by Thetimb

5 hours ago, Thetimb said:

The cheap plastic one. I had the same concerns as well. I’ll email them next week and see if they will replace.  I’ll worry about it once I get my conversion kits in and start running the press. 

Same here, got the 3d printed plastic one but they said they'd send me an aluminum one once it's available.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a71.thumb.jpg.ea5beda7e410b891ca8646e626c7b86c.jpgI can't post in the mark7 private community due to access so I will just post this here and see if anyone knows.

I got the conversion kit and it appears I have to replace the sprocket on the motor with a new one. I took the set screw out but the sprocket does not want to budge.

Anyone taken the sprocket off before? 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a6f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a70.jpg

3 hours ago, Thetimb said:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a71.thumb.jpg.ea5beda7e410b891ca8646e626c7b86c.jpgI can't post in the mark7 private community due to access so I will just post this here and see if anyone knows.

I got the conversion kit and it appears I have to replace the sprocket on the motor with a new one. I took the set screw out but the sprocket does not want to budge.

Anyone taken the sprocket off before? 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a6f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a70.jpg

Got a call from Mark7 a couple minutes ago explaining the situation. I actually don’t have to replace the gear on the motor and it can be used with my press. 

Anthony from Mark7 is top notch and I was impressed with their customer service prior to buying an Evolution but they have gone above and beyond.  

I will be orderering another tool head and conversion kits once I get off the couch today ;)

Edited by Thetimb
Spelling

13 hours ago, dansedgli said:

Whats the new sprocket for?

Based on what I was told some of the older auto drives have a different tooth count and need to be upgraded for the evolution.

The newer models have the same tooth count but the sprocket looks different. When I talked to Mark7 yesterday they explained that one would work and I did not need to replace.

For anyone else who might need to replace the sprocket, you might need to use a heat gun to get the socket off. 

Hey guys, two quick questions for EVO Pro ;

- Is a optical DECAPsense sensor really necessary when you are running a SWAGEsense ? IF yes, why ?

- Is the BULLETsense sensor really necessary with TORQUE/JAMsense ?

I am confused here !

Thanks

yes and yes, why put stress on the Swage and Swagesense and possibly wreck cases?  Same thing goes for the bulletsense, sure the torque/clutch sensor will stop before it hurts the press but the bullet and case will be pooched most likely.