Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

19-01 Hijinks

konkapot

My buddy hundo’d it the other day.

You’re watching an 18 year old kid who is scary fast, and was 6th in the overalls at Production nationals.

Entering on the partial is going to cost you excessive setup time, or a high risk of a mike / noshoot.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently shot a 100% on this for Open with a HF of about 1 point higher then the current HHF. I left and entered on the partiald. It seemed to me the way I shot it to waste more time shooting the partial first, or waiting to shoot the partial last. Wish i had a video of it now.

It's definitely doable to shoot 100% in Open shooting static from both the corners with the current HHF, as long as you can move fast. I shot it in 5.77 entering on the center target and finishing on the partial, which would be 95% clean, but unfortunately I dropped a mike on one of the open targets 🙃. I did not video it but I don't think I had a particularly quick draw or transitions, so I think a sub 5 second run static is doable. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m thinking about how to shoot this for Open and Lim major.  Going from left to right, it seems like you can start stepping after the first target and get maybe 3 steps (6 or so feet depending on your height) before leaving the left-most partial.  That means you would only have to cover like 10 feet to get to the next corner, but at the risk of slightly slower splits and maybe hitting the NS.

Anyone tried this method?  Or would it be better just to lean out on the partial as @RH39 said?

I'm not up there with the numbers above, but this classifier was at my last local and I shot my highest CO classifier score  to date (just over 68%) and it was the final classifier I needed to make B (it dropped a 50% that had been weighing me down).

I shot a second gun (Production) at that match but fumbled the reload on the move, costing me time, so I intentionally put three in the NS to zero it vs. accidentally putting a 40 up...

I chose to leave on the first partial and take the second one last.  Probably a confidence thing.

Edited by mreed911

I shot this one in single stack over the weekend. Started on the left (right handed) drawing to the innermost open target and fading out on the target with the NS. Reloaded coming right and came in on the innermost target on the right ending on the NS target. Shot a 94% due to a C-D I shot on the center target on the right array, in 6.89. Had I not dropped that delta it'd have been a 97ish.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...