Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadoww II optic ready version

Bayou

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, pcar157 said:

Would love to see a Shadow 2 optics ready and SA from the factory.

Highly unlikely. Not gonna happen for a gun designed directly for a USPSA division where SA isn't allowed at all.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Stafford said:

Why would a steel frame be harder on dots?

Harder impact when the slide bottoms out against the frame. Polymer flexes and helps “cushion” the impact. Do a little digging on here and else where and you’ll see steel frame guns destroy dots a much more significant pace than polymer guns. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why they omitted the rear cocking serrations totally on a gun that can go back and forth between production and CO.  It seems they would have put something on the back for racking off the rear of the slide when not using an optic.

17 hours ago, LeviSS said:

I don't know why they omitted the rear cocking serrations totally on a gun that can go back and forth between production and CO.  It seems they would have put something on the back for racking off the rear of the slide when not using an optic.

That does seem odd. I wondered the same thing. 

19 hours ago, LeviSS said:

People still rack from the rear?

Have shot a S2 Optics Ready with a Vortex Venom red dot for half a year. Before that I shot S2s with a dovetail plate. Impressions compared to the S2 are as follows:

1. The offset between irons and the Venom's dot is somewhere between negligible and zero. It makes dot acquisition and shooting close targets with no-shoots under them a breeze.

2. The lack of serrations on the rear slide is no loss.

3. The inability to remove the extractor without removing the red dot sight is a disadvantage. Failures to extract do happen.

4. The flat M3 Torx screws holding the plate to the slide are short. In my case, one repeatedly came undone. Then I Loctited it in place. Then the head broke off when I tried to remove it, leaving the shaft in the slide. Gunsmith is figuring out whether the slide can be saved. Meanwhile I'm shooting a different gun.

5. CZ could have released mounting plates with multiple holes and posts in them for different red dot type but didn't. Toni Systems has two such plates that fit the bill (I don't own one). The gun didn't ship with any adapter plates at all (just the rear iron sight with cover).

6. With a 10# recoil spring and a plastic buffer, the Vortex Venom has held up perfectly. 

That said in my experience CZ listens to customers and make subtle product improvements without announcing them, so your mileage may very.

Edited by Lior

On 5/25/2020 at 10:34 PM, Quack said:
On 5/25/2020 at 3:43 PM, NickBlasta said:
Is there anywhere to buy the factory plates in the US?

Can use the P10 plates.

I know I'm late to the party but according to Buck at C&H, they do make plates for the shadow 2 OR, but cajun gun works sells them. Also, anyone know where I can find one? I'm looking everywhere!

If you're worried about breaking dots due to metal on metal contact of the slide and frame, don't take out the supplied shock buff

as for the serrations being removed that was a esthetics move as much as anything. the serrations on a Shadow 2 that is milled for an optic and uses the factory or similar plates, looks weird as the plate overhangs the serrations, as do the optics, they wanted the optic and slide to match up. If you made the slide wider, to allow for serrations that were proud of the optic and plate, it would be wider than the frame, again, not something they wanted. 

On 5/10/2020 at 9:14 PM, NickBlasta said:

Anyone put a Romeo3 XL on one of these? Do you use the RTS2 plate?

I would like to know this as well.  The Romeo3 Max and XL are a little longer in the front and maybe the plate would need a bit of opening up. 

Anyone with any more info on this specific optic on the S2 optic ready gun?

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

I would like to know this as well.  The Romeo3 Max and XL are a little longer in the front and maybe the plate would need a bit of opening up. 

Anyone with any more info on this specific optic on the S2 optic ready gun?

It doesn't fit.

On 6/30/2020 at 10:24 PM, Chuck_PharmD said:

I know I'm late to the party but according to Buck at C&H, they do make plates for the shadow 2 OR, but cajun gun works sells them. Also, anyone know where I can find one? I'm looking everywhere!

I ordered a RMR/SRO plate from C&H this week.

Got mine from BenStoegerProShop this week with a CH plate for RMR/SRO. This thing shoots comically soft and accurate. Federal 115s felt awesome for a first go. Going to try some 124 Syntech next. 

Worth the wait but I'm pissed not to have this years ago. Definitely my favorite CZ outside of the Kadet