Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mandatory reload in PCC

71Commander

Magazines are allowed to be coupled end to end in PCC, just not side by side. If there are two separate mags coupled butt to butt with a rubber sleeve, both having different base plates, can you do a eject then do a 180 and insert the other coupled mag as part of the mandatory reload?

No.

5.2.4 "During the course of fire, after the start signal, unless stipulated otherwise in the stage procedure, spare ammunition, magazines and/or speed loading devices shall be carried in retention devices attached to the competitor's belt and specifically designed for that purpose. Unless specifically prohibited in the Written Stage Briefing, a competitor may also carry additional magazines or speed loading devices in apparel pocket(s) and retrieve and use them, providing that the location of the apparel pocket does not violate the requirements of Appendix D, Item 12 (subject to the provisions of Rule"

D8, item 12, specifically states, "Magazines must be carried on the belt or in apparel pockets. See rule 5.2.4. No restriction on location on the belt. No thigh rigs or tie down magazine holders." Carrying a magazine in other places is not allowed.

D8 also says "No side-by-side magazine couplers allowed. End-to-end coupling/extension is allowed." It reads end to end coupling/extension, not end to end coupling or extension. There are mag extensions that use a second mag body, this is allowed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, PatJones said:

No.

End-to-end coupling/extension is allowed." It reads end to end coupling/extension, not end to end coupling or extension

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I know all of the other stuff. The end to end is the ambiguous part.  Can't find a clear definition.

2 minutes ago, HCH said:

I think Pat’s got it. 

One of the handguard mag holders would fall in the same arena IMO. 

He's alluding to a coupler that makes one long magazine out of two mags. I'm talking about two separate mags that are butt to butt.

Does the reload mag have to come from a pouch?

16 minutes ago, 71Commander said:

In short, yes.

With the coupler your spare magazine would not be “carried” on the belt or pocket. 

Just like Pat wrote. 

Edited by HCH

2 hours ago, HCH said:

In short, yes.

With the coupler your spare magazine would not be “carried” on the belt or pocket. 

Just like Pat wrote. 

2 hours ago, 71Commander said:

He's alluding to a coupler that makes one long magazine out of two mags. I'm talking about two separate mags that are butt to butt.

Actually, yes, reload has to come from a pouch. But didn't it come from a pouch to begin with?

Edited by Sarge

I wouldn't even bother with it. When you're hitting the mag release, you should already have your support hand pulling the other mag from the pouch and moving towards the magwell for the reload. 

It should be much faster than taking the mag out and flipping it, then hoping your hand corresponds correctly to align and get a solid seat. 

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

Actually, yes, reload has to come from a pouch. But didn't it come from a pouch to begin with?

I never put mags in a pouch shooting PCC... why reload when you have 48 rounds 🤣🤣

Item 12 seems pretty cut and dried to me. 

33 minutes ago, Matt1911 said:

I wouldn't even bother with it. When you're hitting the mag release, you should already have your support hand pulling the other mag from the pouch and moving towards the magwell for the reload. 

It should be much faster than taking the mag out and flipping it, then hoping your hand corresponds correctly to align and get a solid seat. 

Be nice if it was that easy. I'm shooting an UZI. Mag release is on the bottom left of the grip.

3 hours ago, 71Commander said:

Mandatory reload.

Yeah... it was a joke. 

It comes down to this: coupled, separate mags are not allowed. Mags that are to be used on a stage are to be carried on the belt or pocket (unless otherwise stated in the WSB). If you have two distinct mags butt-to-butt, you are carrying one that is not in a mag pouch or pocket, and a coupled mag. 

The adapters that make one mag body act as an extension are allowed because they make one functional magazine. 

Edited by HCH

On 1/27/2020 at 10:22 AM, shred said:

PCC shooters aren't the first ones to think of this.  Open dudes with big sticks that stick out have thought of it too... and been shot down.

PCC shooters don't have a mag length restriction.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 4:44 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Hell. If legal... I’d enjoy letting you do it and pretend that it’s anywhere near as fast as it will be coming from the belt.

I was kinda thinking the same thing... why would you want to? That sounds awful.

• 3 weeks later...

"D8 also says "No side-by-side magazine couplers allowed. End-to-end coupling/extension is allowed." It reads end to end coupling/extension, not end to end coupling or extension. There are mag extensions that use a second mag body, this is allowed."

I got to agree with PatJones on this one. Intent of this rule to allow you to create an extended mag, not connect two separate mags. Wording could be clearer though. 

On 1/31/2020 at 9:05 AM, 71Commander said:

PCC shooters don't have a mag length restriction.

As a side note, and not to hijack the thread, anyone thinking of shooting the World Shoot PCC championship next year should note: IPSC rules do restrict magazine capacity (along with some other differences.) If you have no interest in the world championship, cool ... Don't worry about it!  If you're considering it, you may want to review the differences so you're not surprised.

• 9 months later...
On 3/4/2020 at 11:28 AM, Schutzenmeister said:

As a side note, and not to hijack the thread, anyone thinking of shooting the World Shoot PCC championship next year should note: IPSC rules do restrict magazine capacity (along with some other differences.) If you have no interest in the world championship, cool ... Don't worry about it!  If you're considering it, you may want to review the differences so you're not surprised.

Sorry for bumping kind of an old thread, but this question has been bugging me for a few weeks, what's magazine capacity limit for PCC ? And for which kind of matches does it apply ?

Thanks !!!

25 minutes ago, Schutzenmeister said:

@ard212

32 in the mag, plus 1 in the chamber.  No mag coupling allowed.

@Sarge

His question was clearly (and politely) about IPSC rules.  Why do you have to be snarky?

Wait, where is IPSC in his question? And how is “USPSA NO LIMIT” even remotely snarky.

This thread in USPSA/IPSC.