Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mandatory reload in PCC

71Commander

4 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

They were talking about a World Shoot.

Aren't those run under IPSC rules?

Why did he ask “and for which kind of matches does it apply”? That is the question I answered.
  You guys are doing your best to run me into the ground because I answered the last post of a thread. 

16 hours ago, Sarge said:

Uspsa no limit

Thanks Sarge ! So, when it comes to IPSC, all "official" tournaments have a 32 + 1 round limit ? I'm really curious about the rules on PCC because that's a fairly new division in my country (Argentina) and I want to be sure not to set up my equipment incorrectly.

Just as an example, when I went to the introductory class for "long guns" nobody was aware of the "no couplers" rule, which is understandable, because up until 2018, PCCs were not a legal type of firearm in Argentina, we were limited to 22lr only for semi-autos outside of handguns and the M1 Garand.

Heck, I'm not even sure that there is more than a 100 PCCs on civilian hands in the entire country.

Edited by ard212

I've only played with rifles in 3 gun competitions, but I always kept some 10 and 20 round mags in my mag specifically for stages with mandatory reloads.  Why?  Because they're a much faster reload for me than a 30 or 40 round curved mag.  (And I had ten rounders, because I bought my first rifle between '94 and '04 - when those were the only new mags available - I figured some youngster would wonder....)

On 1/24/2020 at 4:44 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Hell. If legal... I’d enjoy letting you do it and pretend that it’s anywhere near as fast as it will be coming from the belt.

This right here.

But I also agree that it’s no legal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 9:38 AM, Schutzenmeister said:

@ard212

32 in the mag, plus 1 in the chamber.  No mag coupling allowed.

@Sarge

His question was clearly (and politely) about IPSC rules.  Why do you have to be snarky?

who is going to be able to keep track of 32 plus 1 during a stage?

RO's have a hard time keeping track of 10 and 11 rounds, now they have to keep track of 32 and 33?

Sarge is a cranky old man, why bother asking him?????

6 hours ago, DirkD said:

who is going to be able to keep track of 32 plus 1 during a stage?

RO's have a hard time keeping track of 10 and 11 rounds, now they have to keep track of 32 and 33?

The question asked had to do with the differences in the rules ... I made no comment on the logistical and/or practical implications of enforcing them.

🙈🙉🙊

11 hours ago, shred said:

Count extra shots and match it to the stage shot count.  Got a 30 round stage?  Shooter gets 3 extras before the procedurals fly...

He's right. You don't waste your time counting 1,2,3,4, and so on. You just pay attention to instances of make up shots, rounds jacked out for malfunctions and so on. Then you only have to count to 3 or 4, not 33 or 35 or whatever. Then you're also not reliant on using the shot timer to count for you either.

As regards the comments above about it being faster to reload from pouch than turning a mag around - this is absolutely true as 30 plus mags end to end are like a heavy baton you are twirling. Not to mention the probability that you will drop the whole contraption when you release it. Shot an outlaw machine gun match with this kind of setup once with a MAC 10 and two mags end to end. The moment I pushed the mag release the loaded mag dropped straight down 3 inches into mud. Postscript: I pulled the mag out of the mud and stuffed it onto the MAC and it fired the whole mag with dried mud falling out of the gun when I cleaned it.

• 2 months later...