Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What PCC is Max using?

If I had to guess it’s a qc10 upper lower, Shooting innovations barrel cut to 12.5 with a brekke comp,  shooting innovation bolt welded by brekke and a Ar gold pcc trigger or hiperfire. blitz 5150 hd buffer short stroked to his load and a smoke composite custom length pcc hg. 

1 hour ago, Bwillis said:

It also looks like he switched from the inov8 artic claw to boombahs. I think he’s faster now because of that change. His footwork looks faster and more stable. 

0896481F-7678-4CC9-9A27-2238E86C0E68.gif

About spilled my drink. Haha 

1 hour ago, sarpau said:

Anyone have a better picture of this comp or a link  to it?

Curious what it actually looks like

here is Alvin Lin’s brekke comp on a 10.5 si barrel. The sides are  cut out you can zoom in on Max’s comp and check that out but this is the top in a coda hg 

8F6C1C22-5A77-4C9B-AF65-2345AFF3DF19.jpeg

Edited by Bwillis
31 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

I think we all froze Max's video on that frame...

Curious to how much he's modified the Eclipse trigger and what its pull weight is...  I'm guessing it's much different from a stock Eclipse.

Guilty as charged I wanted to see the lower make. There’s no telling what he did, I know I didn’t have any luck when I tried the eclipse I couldn’t get splits under .18.  

19 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

I think we all froze Max's video on that frame...

Curious to how much he's modified the Eclipse trigger and what its pull weight is...  I'm guessing it's much different from a stock Eclipse.

I was thinking about what he could have done. Theory I have is he can shorten the stroke more with hiperfire and it’s more reliable. 

With hiperfire possibly polish the edges and put a couple k rounds thru it. Will probably get sub 2lbs with no take up. Now if you could take the overtravel out of the hiperfire and be sub 2lbs with no take up, that would be a game changer if reliable. 

Edited by Bwillis
17 hours ago, Bwillis said:

I was thinking about what he could have done. Theory I have is he can shorten the stroke more with hiperfire more and reliably than with ar gold.

With hiperfire possibly polish the edges and put a couple k rounds thru it. Will probably get sub 2lbs with no take up. Now if you could take the overtravel out of the hiperfire and be sub 2lbs with no take up, that would be a game changer if reliable. 

HiperFire recently sent me a set of updated toggle springs and a matched hammer spring to go with them...  It lowered the trigger pull about 3oz...  Not huge, but I'll take it... 

I've been watching/reading some of the HiperFire white papers...  Interesting stuff...  It seems that the toggle system has to be balanced to get the toggle over center point correct...  It has to go over center to lighten the pressure on the sear and then go over center when the hammer strikes the primer...  Thinking that a lighter hammer spring and a lighter toggle set would keep the ratio correct, but lower the pull weight.

4 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

HiperFire recently sent me a set of updated toggle springs and a matched hammer spring to go with them...  It lowered the trigger pull about 3oz...  Not huge, but I'll take it... 

I've been watching/reading some of the HiperFire white papers...  Interesting stuff...  It seems that the toggle system has to be balanced to get the toggle over center point correct...  It has to go over center to lighten the pressure on the sear and then go over center when the hammer strikes the primer...  Thinking that a lighter hammer spring and a lighter toggle set would keep the ratio correct, but lower the pull weight.

I agree with the lighter hammer spring, but I was under the impression the heavier toggle springs lowered the trigger pull weight. 

Being prepped for nitride. The one Alvin is running is an early model. Design has been cleaned up a bit. 

Stay tuned, we're trying to get lots of exciting things done to announce around nationals.  

My eclipse is bone stock. I don't know how it's possible to split as slow as .18 with any hiperfire tbh

Oh also, did you guys see that SupersetCA is back? 

Screenshot_20200121-205903.jpg