Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What PCC is Max using?

2 hours ago, Bwillis said:

@Maxamundo It’s very possible I installed the eclipse wrong, with ar gold I can consistently get .11s. I only tried it for maybe 300-500 rounds. 

We'll hiperfire is finally making a drop in. About time since installing triggers the old way is so outdated and lower specs are all over the place.

4 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Hmm, so the 3 ports are for the compensation and the rest is just to meet overall length when pinned and welded? How long are these and what size barrel are they meant for? They look pretty long. Meant for 8" barrel?

There will allegedly be versions means for 10.5" and 12.5". 

On 1/21/2020 at 9:56 PM, Nevadazielmeister said:

So... Max... how does it feel to be so special that they drool over your rifle?

I’m honestly more interested in the shoe swap. Why did he drop inov8? Is it because of the color change?(new blue is ugly) are boombahs more comfortable? better traction? do they make his entry and exits faster? Is he able to stay planted better while $&@$ whipping wide transitions? I need answers 

2 hours ago, Bwillis said:

I’m honestly more interested in the shoe swap. Why did he drop inov8? Is it because of the color change?(new blue is ugly) are boombahs more comfortable? better traction? do they make his entry and exits faster? Is he able to stay planted better while $&@$ whipping wide transitions? I need answers 

Ha ha ha haaa... yes sir, you got it. 

From my limited experience, it takes a lot of hard work off the field to get better. But there are always people out there that think they can equip themselves to the top. Powder, bullets, special hand cremes, etc..etc.. It never stops for some people. One friend of mine has 5 PCC rifles. Meanwhile, I am not changing anything while I work on my own improvement. 

I wonder it is a PCC thing? 

49 minutes ago, Nevadazielmeister said:

Ha ha ha haaa... yes sir, you got it. 

From my limited experience, it takes a lot of hard work off the field to get better. But there are always people out there that think they can equip themselves to the top. Powder, bullets, special hand cremes, etc..etc.. It never stops for some people. One friend of mine has 5 PCC rifles. Meanwhile, I am not changing anything while I work on my own improvement. 

Same shooter has won every pcc national with a different pcc and ammo every national. Question is what shoes was he wearing? IMO once you have a reliable pcc and tuned load the rest is on the shooter. 

Edited by Bwillis

I think it's only natural for people to look outward rather than inward because it's easy to trust that the top people out there have done all the fine tuning and research to find out how they can maximize their hit factor and get every advantage possible. This can be observed from the thread where Max talked about his wave spring setup and everyone immediately flocked to it, because they trust the best guys out there to know what they're talking about and gain an edge.

It works as a good guide so people can help tread through the good stuff and the snake oil. But it definitely applies to all divisions. I bought a Shadow 2 when I decided to compete, not because I would utilize it to its full potential over a glock/m&p/etc, but because I knew it was the top dog at the time in production and I wanted to make sure that the gun wasn't holding me back, and it's just me that's the variable here.

I just like looking at comp designs which is why I asked to see it up close.

I like shiny things...

My PCC hasn't really changed since day 1.

Mostly because I'm lazy, but also because its 100% reliable and I shoot it well.

Now, if someone like Max ever finds out about Altra King shoes, there'll be no catching him!

6 hours ago, Nevadazielmeister said:

One friend of mine has 5 PCC rifles. Meanwhile, I am not changing anything while I work on my own improvement. 

Hey, it's only four PCCs, not five! And, for me, it's just cos I like to have my toys 🥳

26 minutes ago, SergioSF said:

Hey, it's only four PCCs, not five! And, for me, it's just cos I like to have my toys 🥳

😂🤣😅

Oh man, talk about being stalked. Dang...

But I think you should get the best equipment and then any improvements are on you. Seeing as you and I trade places in the standings half the time, I employ further pressure and let's continue our mutual improvement. I just wish you would thin that herd.. but I won't say anything to the significant other.. fir sure. 

Good to see you on here brother. 

Features

• Weight: 8.5 oz / 241 g
  • Insole: 6 mm Contour Footbed
  • Midsole: Altra EGO™
  • Outsole: Vibram® MegaGrip® with 6 mm lugs
  • Cushion: Low
  • Stack Height: 19 mm
  • Upper: Tear resistant quick-dry upper

Copied from their site.

Hope that gives you the answer you are looking for in terms of drop.

Tread life, I've worn them for I'd say the equivalent of one good shooting season, still plenty of tread.
Hasn't really warn down at all.
They are super comfortable though, I can wear them all day without issue.

Have Speedcross, Inov8 mud claws as well. The Altra are my favorite to wear

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/23/2020 at 7:02 AM, Bwillis said:

Same shooter has won every pcc national with a different pcc and ammo every national. Question is what shoes was he wearing? IMO once you have a reliable pcc and tuned load the rest is on the shooter. 

Bro, way to nail it on the head. Everybody is so caught up on his build.

He can run an fx9 (granted there are no jams), and still place 1st. I like how he is putting out more practice vids. Because it shows the work behind the gold.

• 3 months later...

It’s true. It’s not an equipment thing except for reliability.

Here’s the thing though. As you start shooting more and more if there are barriers that you find your equipment setting for you, then it’s time to change something.

Only look to change something if the equipment has a limitation you need to overcome or there is an identifiable improvement to be made.

For me, I’ll be switching the upper on my JP for a full brekke due to the weight.
I’m not super built and I find that sprinting with the JP one handed is extremely limiting to entering positions. As I’m running the nose dives and i need to do a stark pull upwards when I come into positions wasting time.
In addition, wide transitions are very inaccurate due to the force needed to push the muzzle quickly.

The gun shoots great and is stupid reliable. If I can retain that but have better weight distribution for running and transitions then that’s what I will be experimenting with.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 10:28 PM, hello0o0o0o said:

It’s true. It’s not an equipment thing except for reliability.

Here’s the thing though. As you start shooting more and more if there are barriers that you find your equipment setting for you, then it’s time to change something.

Only look to change something if the equipment has a limitation you need to overcome or there is an identifiable improvement to be made.

For me, I’ll be switching the upper on my JP for a full brekke due to the weight.
I’m not super built and I find that sprinting with the JP one handed is extremely limiting to entering positions. As I’m running the nose dives and i need to do a stark pull upwards when I come into positions wasting time.
In addition, wide transitions are very inaccurate due to the force needed to push the muzzle quickly.

The gun shoots great and is stupid reliable. If I can retain that but have better weight distribution for running and transitions then that’s what I will be experimenting with.

I felt the front end of my JP was too heavy so I changed the handguard to a Smoke Composites carbon fiber one. It included a lighter barrel nut too. That saved a ton of weight and the gun is much better balanced now. It's much easier to handle one handed for running, although old farts like me don't run too fast anyway.