Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

12 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Absolutely. Once Stuart explained all that was included it is a great value in my opinion.  

I’ll shoot him an email. I have them making me a custom A01-SD haha. Spent a little more than buying it from the market but I think it’ll be worth it. Thank you for your thoughts!

Edited by 42ATK

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 42ATK said:

I’ll shoot him an email. I have them making me a custom A01-SD haha. Spent a little more than buying it from the market but I think it’ll be worth it. Thank you for your thoughts!

Very nice build! Stuart is great to work with.

2 hours ago, Posvar said:

Very nice build! Stuart is great to work with.

He seems like it! Guy replied to my emails instantly, even the first “how much would this build idea I have in mind cost?” - just a simple OR A01-SD but hard chromed - at like 1AM lol

6 hours ago, Posvar said:

I had them do the full action trigger job on mine. Trigger is superb. Rivals any trigger I have on my 2011 guns. It will only get better with time and with rounds down the pipe. 

Follow up! What 2011’s are you comparing it to? And what’s the difference relative to the stock trigger? Trying to approximate how worth it the work is haha 

6 minutes ago, 42ATK said:

Follow up! What 2011’s are you comparing it to? And what’s the difference relative to the stock trigger? Trying to approximate how worth it the work is haha 

The EGW ignition kit for $130 brought my trigger to just over 2lb. You can youtube the install. I paid a buddy $100 to do it locally but it doesnt look difficult 

Edited by ColoradoNick

48 minutes ago, ColoradoNick said:

The EGW ignition kit for $130 brought my trigger to just over 2lb. You can youtube the install. I paid a buddy $100 to do it locally but it doesnt look difficult 

How does it improve the trigger? Could you qualify the changes for my benefit? 😁

1 hour ago, 42ATK said:

I have owned all of the top brands of 2011 guns. Builders have their own specific style of what they think a trigger job feels like but they are all very good. If you have handled and played with a top builders trigger you will understand. The stock DWX trigger is good but far from great. After the CZC action trigger job it is superb. Crispness, trigger weight, break, reset, all superb. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoNick said:

The EGW kit is a good value. 

29 minutes ago, 42ATK said:

How does it improve the trigger? Could you qualify the changes for my benefit? 😁

It lightened my trigger pull from 4.5lb to 2lb 4oz. It's tunable so there was basically zero pre travel, and super short reset, and only enough over travel to remain reliable. The stock trigger was very heavy in comparison. I can't think of what else I would want out of the trigger. I've shot a handful of Atlas', Staccato's, etc. 

Edited by ColoradoNick

Dang it sounds like there are a lot of good options out there

thank you both @ColoradoNick and @Posvar!

now I’m even less confident on what I want - the EGW kit sounds awesome. Money really isn’t a big problem, and I was going to send the slide out to be milled to CZC anyway…

Hmmm tough decision I have to research more 

2 minutes ago, 42ATK said:

Dang it sounds like there are a lot of good options out there

thank you both @ColoradoNick and @Posvar!

now I’m even less confident on what I want - the EGW kit sounds awesome. Money really isn’t a big problem, and I was going to send the slide out to be milled to CZC anyway…

Hmmm tough decision I have to research more 

You can’t go wrong with the EGW kit…..but…..if you are sending it to CZC talk to Stuart about doing a full action trigger job on it. It’s a lot of work and a great value! Much more than just a trigger job. Do it! 

11 hours ago, tomjerry1 said:

Anyone notice that the sear spring, left finger looking from the back, the small bent tab is missing? That finger is flat, like to other two fingers. 

I installed the Atlas Gunworks perfect match (which is basically the EGW kit), and did notice the missing finger. Installed the new spring and did not have any function issues on the sear/hammer. 

On 10/12/2023 at 7:27 AM, Toggleme said:

I installed the Atlas Gunworks perfect match (which is basically the EGW kit), and did notice the missing finger. Installed the new spring and did not have any function issues on the sear/hammer. 

Removing the little finger helps prevents eventual sear spring degradation. Otherwise they usually need retuned or would in some cases need replaced around 10-12kish. Not really a big deal, but did show up in lifetime, finger removal prevents it from occurring (finger on most sear springs will lightly graze the chassis during cycling which was the source)

Edited by Ajohnson15

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2023 at 2:53 PM, Toggleme said:

Has anyone else tried these yet? I just received mine from Lok and it looks like they are too big. They won't thread into the hole..

On 10/9/2023 at 9:16 AM, 42ATK said:

Good choice. Your going to enjoy it. Stuart built my LD  last year. 

klmh.jpg

Edited by Johnnymazz

Blake from Lok Grips is saying some DWX are coming with 1911 thread pitch and the newer ones are coming with CZ thread pitch.

I contacted CZ/DW and the rep told me all DWX come with 1911 thread pitch.

Can anyone confirm? Don't see why CZ/DW would switch it up like that.

15 hours ago, lmaobaka said:

Blake from Lok Grips is saying some DWX are coming with 1911 thread pitch and the newer ones are coming with CZ thread pitch.

I contacted CZ/DW and the rep told me all DWX come with 1911 thread pitch.

Can anyone confirm? Don't see why CZ/DW would switch it up like that.

I got my DWX in January. Has a 1911 thread pitch.