Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Runswithwood1 said:

I'll bet your basepads are too wide/tall and need to be shaved down. I had a shadow 2 with an armory craft magwell that did the same thing. Too much pressure when smacked in to lock, shaved down the tops of the pads and viola, 24+1 goodness coupled with a magwell 

I don’t really wanna shave down the aluminum base pads 🫣 I can, I just would be sad about doing it lol

6 hours ago, LDRIDER said:

send a note to mjcustoms.net. he is making/working on takedown thumbshelves

for the DWX with Drell

I haven’t talked to him lately. I will probably see him at the local match next week. I just need to give him the one I shaved down so he can take measurements and he should be able to get them made.

2 hours ago, Runswithwood1 said:

Haha you either huh? I had a set ad well and immediately went back to my thin lok grips. Who knew it took money to figure out what works best 😂

😂😂 it’s so pricy to figure it out! I don’t even have small hands - and yet I hate guns like the Beretta and these palm swells. Made my hands feel like I couldn’t control the pistol…

so I went back to factory grips. If I ever decide to go back to the swells I have them and the magwell; I just don’t want to have to destroy my cool basepads 😂

9 hours ago, 42ATK said:

😂😂 it’s so pricy to figure it out! I don’t even have small hands - and yet I hate guns like the Beretta and these palm swells. Made my hands feel like I couldn’t control the pistol…

so I went back to factory grips. If I ever decide to go back to the swells I have them and the magwell; I just don’t want to have to destroy my cool basepads 😂

I hear ya, yeah it made me cringe too, so I just started buying all silver basepads so the stoned down tops aren't as noticeable haha

10 hours ago, lmaobaka said:

Back from Vulcan

biixc27ddbsb1.jpg

That’s a good looking gun. Did you have to grind down the baseplates to get your mags to fit in the magwell?

2 hours ago, Runswithwood1 said:

I hear ya, yeah it made me cringe too, so I just started buying all silver basepads so the stoned down tops aren't as noticeable haha

my plan is to use the gun in Limited Optics so I’m going to have to figure out something haha 

Edited by 42ATK

On 10/4/2023 at 1:55 PM, LDRIDER said:

send a note to mjcustoms.net. he is making/working on takedown thumbshelves

for the DWX with Drell

I’ll send an email. It doesn’t feel like it’s needed with this one but i  so used to them on my other CZ/A01 guns. 

On 10/4/2023 at 9:17 PM, Runswithwood1 said:

Haha you either huh? I had a set ad well and immediately went back to my thin lok grips. Who knew it took money to figure out what works best 😂

Did you try the low swell or high swell? They both feel pretty different. 

1 hour ago, 42ATK said:

Has anyone here gotten a trigger job from czcustom for their DWX? If so, can you tell me which option you went with? How do you like it?

They just got mine last week so I will let you know in like 8 weeks. 

They said with the partial best they could do was 3-3.5 LBs and to get it closer to 2 Lbs it needed the full action job which includes a new lightened hammer. 

5 hours ago, 42ATK said:

Has anyone here gotten a trigger job from czcustom for their DWX? If so, can you tell me which option you went with? How do you like it?

I had them do the full action trigger job on mine. Trigger is superb. Rivals any trigger I have on my 2011 guns. It will only get better with time and with rounds down the pipe. 

3 hours ago, Posvar said:

I had them do the full action trigger job on mine. Trigger is superb. Rivals any trigger I have on my 2011 guns. It will only get better with time and with rounds down the pipe. 

Would you say it’s worth it?