Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JDIllon said:

Anyone using a Dovetail Red Dot mount? And if so which one? Thanks, JD

I've used the CZ Custom universal plate on 2 SP-01s. I didn't have any issues from them coming lose while shooting, but I did bump a dot getting in/out of a side-by-side that knocked it loose.

I think the DWX would use the same plate.

On 11/5/2023 at 6:10 AM, Johnnymazz said:

Good choice. Your going to enjoy it. Stuart built my LD  last year. 

klmh.jpg

I have this same A01 LD LTD. I love it. I had a stock DWX recently and took my A01, the DWX, my Accushadow2 and my Atlas Titan to get a feel for how the DWX compared. I sold DWX this week. It's a good gun but it's just not at the level of accuracy and speed of the others. I knew the DWX would just be the step child. Every one of the others just smoked it. 

1 hour ago, 42ATK said:

Anyone have photos of their dot millings with a 507Comp and where they got it from? I want to avoid ejection port overhang 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XuAygt5VnP5yFaRJ8

Wicked Arms in Baton Rouge, LA. I'm local and my turnaround time was ~2 weeks.

As you can see, it isnt even close to the ejection port. I have a photo of an SRO on this cut and the SRO "hood" is about flush with the ejection port. There is about an 1/8" from the back of the cut to the firing pin retaining block. This could be further minimized to get the optic further back.  

On 11/15/2023 at 4:54 PM, mario65 said:

I have this same A01 LD LTD. I love it. I had a stock DWX recently and took my A01, the DWX, my Accushadow2 and my Atlas Titan to get a feel for how the DWX compared. I sold DWX this week. It's a good gun but it's just not at the level of accuracy and speed of the others. I knew the DWX would just be the step child. Every one of the others just smoked it. 

You're seriously comparing a couple $4k guns and one with a CZC trigger job to something bone stock? Lol, okay then...

I would put my DWX up against any gun I’ve owned (if you know me then you know all I have owned over the years) regarding shoot-ability and accuracy. The CZC full action trigger job makes it pretty amazing. No it’s not fit like an SV or Venom but doesn’t cost anything near those and that is the exact reason I got it. Don’t care about that anymore. The DWX shoots better than my A01 guns by the way. Hard to beat a crisp single action trigger. 

11 minutes ago, JDIllon said:

Once I got the trigger down to around 3# I really like the way the gun shoots. At 35 feet 10 rnds in 2.5in center. JD

I agree. I’m actually quite surprised by the accuracy of this thing.

On 11/25/2023 at 10:09 AM, BadShot said:

I looked at a DWX at my local gun store and notice it a fair amount of play between the slide and frame at the muzzle.  Is this normal?  My Parrot has some play here also, but not as much.

The Parrot is a $3000 gun & the DWX is a $2000 gun. Want no play? Spend more. 

Just placed my order for mag extensions (Henning), springs (Grams) and grips & magwell (Lok). Seriously considering the CZ Custom full action trigger job down the line. My DWX is gonna be a nice LO blaster soon!

4 minutes ago, moose97 said:

Just placed my order for mag extensions (Henning), springs (Grams) and grips & magwell (Lok). Seriously considering the CZ Custom full action trigger job down the line. My DWX is gonna be a nice LO blaster soon!

when done pictures please 

10 minutes ago, moose97 said:

The CZC full action trigger job transforms this into an amazing piece. Do it!

11 hours ago, moose97 said:

The Parrot is a $3000 gun & the DWX is a $2000 gun. Want no play? Spend more. 

And my $1600 Shadow 2 Orange has zero play, not sure how this applies to my question.  I was asking to see if this is normal or if this is a bad example.

1 minute ago, BadShot said:

And my $1600 Shadow 2 Orange has zero play, not sure how this applies to my question.  I was asking to see if this is normal or if this is a bad example.

Mine has some play as others have described. A little but not much at all. But the barrel lock up is super tight and I will stand with my previous statement that this is the most accurate pistol I have ever owned. 

Good info, thanks.  Do you know if that play increases as time goes on?  I'm into 1911's and do all my own trigger work.  The combo of CZ and 1911 might make for a nice Limited Optics gun.  I talked to Stuart at CZ about some sort of dove tail mount for a red dot, didn't seem like there is one available.

1 minute ago, BadShot said:

Good info, thanks.  Do you know if that play increases as time goes on?  I'm into 1911's and do all my own trigger work.  The combo of CZ and 1911 might make for a nice Limited Optics gun.  I talked to Stuart at CZ about some sort of dove tail mount for a red dot, didn't seem like there is one available.

I would think that if it increases at all it will be minimal. 

I’ve checked everywhere and I can’t find any dovetail that works. Also I did my own trigger spring work and got the trigger to 2.5 to 3 lbs. And the gun shoots great. Take up and reset are just fine for me. I would do that before doing a trigger job. Just my .02.  JD

Edited by JDIllon

2.5lbs is just about ideal for my taste.  I hate to make a permanent cut in the slide and lose the iron sights.  I'm wondering if there will be an optic ready version coming out. 

Posvar, I think that you're right, my Parrot hasn't gotten any looser over the years.

5 minutes ago, BadShot said:

2.5lbs is just about ideal for my taste.  I hate to make a permanent cut in the slide and lose the iron sights.  I'm wondering if there will be an optic ready version coming out. 

Posvar, I think that you're right, my Parrot hasn't gotten any looser over the years.

I read somewhere on social media that a DWX owner was able to get another slide and had it cut so he could have both worlds. It may be worth looking into.

12 hours ago, BadShot said:

The S2O has a hand fitted slide, so... Of course it has a tighter fit 🙄

On 11/15/2023 at 6:54 PM, mario65 said:

Thats funny I have the same pistols also. They are all good just at different levels. Variety is nice to have in the gun safe. Enjoy bro