Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/2/2023 at 1:25 AM, moose97 said:

Anyone who's done the Lok magwell - did yours require fitting or did it slip right on? On a quick test fit, mine doesn't slide into place. I got the aluminum one. Thanks for any help. 

looks like you got your answer, but I remember mine going on with hand pressure only. 

Also, just a heads up, the factory mag bases wont work with that mag well. It might seem like they are seating, but the gun wont strip rounds. 

Edited by Toggleme

4 hours ago, Toggleme said:

Also, just a heads up, the factory mag bases wont work with that mag well. It might seem like they are seating, but the gun wont strip rounds. 

I got Henning mag extensions for all my mags, so no worries there.

11 hours ago, barobbin said:

Build list is impact machine porting, knurling, optic mount and dlc. Lok veloce palm swell grips. Armory craft magwell. X300. Henning extensions. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0HfEfQrksh/?igshid=NzBmMjdhZWRiYQ==

anyways, has anyone come out with a thumb rest yet? Hoping for something I don’t have to drill and tap the frame for. 

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0836.jpeg

IMG_0830.jpeg

The only thing I've seen you don't have to drill & tap for is a pic rail mounted thumb rest

12 hours ago, barobbin said:

Build list is impact machine porting, knurling, optic mount and dlc. Lok veloce palm swell grips. Armory craft magwell. X300. Henning extensions. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0HfEfQrksh/?igshid=NzBmMjdhZWRiYQ==

anyways, has anyone come out with a thumb rest yet? Hoping for something I don’t have to drill and tap the frame for. 

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0836.jpeg

IMG_0830.jpeg

Thumb rest will be available shortly. My buddy is just finishing the prototype with my DWX. I don’t have the pictures with me but if you look back a few pages there is one and I think his website is listed.

3 minutes ago, Drell said:

Thumb rest will be available shortly. My buddy is just finishing the prototype with my DWX. I don’t have the pictures with me but if you look back a few pages there is one and I think his website is listed.

This sounds promising

On 12/8/2023 at 6:46 AM, Posvar said:

I would prefer a wider shelf more like a 2011. I’m sure this will happen at some point.

Exactly, but there doesn’t seem to be anyone motivated to bringing one to market anytime soon. 

6 minutes ago, stater61 said:

Exactly, but there doesn’t seem to be anyone motivated to bringing one to market anytime soon. 

Agreed. But I think the false start from the original DWX release burned some folks and made some grouchy. Parts will come at some point. 

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

Agreed. But I think the false start from the original DWX release burned some folks and made some grouchy. Parts will come at some point. 

I also think there may be a widespread belief (even among the industry, judging from 2 email exchanges I've had with folks who should know better) that a 1911/2011 safety will work in a DWX. That may be another reason no one's rushing to make them. DW just ought to offer them...

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, 42ATK said:

Sending my Dwx in to CZC for their top level trigger job and optics cut

anyone able to tell me grips and Magwells that work with the factory basepads?

You will love the full action trigger job. I’m using Patriot Defense brass palm swell grips and they work great with the factory base pads. 

10 minutes ago, 42ATK said:

Sending my Dwx in to CZC for their top level trigger job and optics cut

anyone able to tell me grips and Magwells that work with the factory basepads?

Mine is with then now, getting the action job, fancy slide cuts and comp cut to slide and barrel.  They've had it for a while.  Looking forward to getting it back to experience the changes.

5 hours ago, Posvar said:

You will love the full action trigger job. I’m using Patriot Defense brass palm swell grips and they work great with the factory base pads. 

I can’t wait!! And interesting. Does that include a Magwell? Transparently I’m not a fan of the palm swell grips 😵

5 hours ago, Seakphotog said:

Mine is with then now, getting the action job, fancy slide cuts and comp cut to slide and barrel.  They've had it for a while.  Looking forward to getting it back to experience the changes.

I can’t wait :) I decided just to do an optics cut and their top trigger job… I think that’s all the fun needs!

On 12/28/2023 at 5:01 PM, Seakphotog said:

How long have they had it? 

They have mine too and I'm itching to get it back.