Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

1 hour ago, Z-Chaos-Factor said:

Ugh same they got it in beginning of October. 

Yup, I was sorta figuring 4-6 months to be honest, knowing how busy they are.  Luckily, I've got other guns to practice and play with, but I am anxious to get it back and see how I like it and how it compares to my 2011s (Bul SAS II Air 2011, Bul Tac 4.25 and Staccato P with a comp barrel).  Wish I could directly compare it to a Staccato XC - that'd be fun.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Seakphotog said:

Yup, I was sorta figuring 4-6 months to be honest, knowing how busy they are.  Luckily, I've got other guns to practice and play with, but I am anxious to get it back and see how I like it and how it compares to my 2011s (Bul SAS II Air 2011, Bul Tac 4.25 and Staccato P with a comp barrel).  Wish I could directly compare it to a Staccato XC - that'd be fun.

That's probably smart. In the initial email they said it was 8-10 weeks. 

So i was hopeful but not actually expecting it back by end of the year. 

Its okay though I will keep shooting pcc till it gets here. 

You will have to update it when you get it back and can compare it the bull armory stuff. I am not an irons guy but I was extremely impressed with how flat it shot and how it returned to zero very naturally before I sent it in. So the dot should just make it ten times better. 

12 hours ago, Seakphotog said:

I had a bullshadow slide cut for an optic and it took 19 weeks at CZC. I received it at the end of September.

Edited by Haywizzle
ND post

On 1/3/2024 at 10:29 PM, Z-Chaos-Factor said:

That's probably smart. In the initial email they said it was 8-10 weeks. 

So i was hopeful but not actually expecting it back by end of the year. 

Its okay though I will keep shooting pcc till it gets here. 

You will have to update it when you get it back and can compare it the bull armory stuff. I am not an irons guy but I was extremely impressed with how flat it shot and how it returned to zero very naturally before I sent it in. So the dot should just make it ten times better. 

I'll definitely report back.👍🏻

On 1/3/2024 at 11:42 PM, Haywizzle said:

I had a bullshadow slide cut for an optic and it took 19 weeks at CZC. I received it at the end of September.

Thanks for the reality check! I'm having a lot of work done so who knows when I'll see it.🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Seakphotog

14 hours ago, Z-Chaos-Factor said:

What are you having done? 

I got a trigger job, mag release, magwell and optic cut. 

Complete action tune up, extended mag release and comped barrel with slide cuts.  Plus they have to deal with my SRO I couldn't get off (I broke an allen key trying to remove one of the screw, which was odd cause I didn't overtighten them and used medium strength VibraTite).  I'm having so much fun with my new 2011s that the wait is OK w/me. 

32 minutes ago, 42ATK said:

Oooh

This is nice. I wish I could get them in red cerakote just because… to match the DWX theme

This might be the route I take - thank you for sharing!

You can anodize brass as well. More pricey, but more durable as well. 

6 hours ago, Posvar said:

No. Drill and tap frame mount only 

Dang. It seems like with the geometry it has a takedown lever *thumb rest [generic]* is doable ! Hopefully it comes out

On 12/9/2023 at 2:40 PM, Seakphotog said:

I also think there may be a widespread belief (even among the industry, judging from 2 email exchanges I've had with folks who should know better) that a 1911/2011 safety will work in a DWX. That may be another reason no one's rushing to make them. DW just ought to offer them...

I mean if a shop wants the spec. It’s not all the different from a 1911. Might know a guy who would be happy to help.

I talked it over with SSI regarding doing a Nitro Fin and Nathan said it was different enough from CZ or 1911/2011 to make it a difficult project. Perhaps with more interest he would do it. 

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

I talked it over with SSI regarding doing a Nitro Fin and Nathan said it was different enough from CZ or 1911/2011 to make it a difficult project. Perhaps with more interest he would do it. 

Just looks that way, really just brought the standard front profile of a 1911 safety a in uniform amount, and added some material on the top to engage with slide still when locked. Slide being a bit wider overall would also require some compensation.

Edited by Ajohnson15

On 1/12/2024 at 11:19 AM, 42ATK said:

Ugh now I’m intrigued. I need a magwell to pair with that which works with both the factory basepads and Henning basepads…

The factory TSO magwell works with stock DWX and Henning base pads. I did a short range firing before sending the slide off for machining. The Rear of the Henning is real close to hitting the magwell but seats fine. I will likely file a small notch for a little relief where the Henning release pin is.

CZ Parts sells the factory magwell but expensive ($110) and in EU so not sure how long/how much shipping would be. Armory Craft looks close to being same profile but unsure.

Looks to be a grip screw change from DW on the DWX at some point.

I ordered LOK grips, and the "DWX Screws". The grips are same as Shadow 2/TSO/etc as most know. 

The Shadow 2 screws that come with the grips fit the DWX and my TSO. 

The "DWX Screws" from LOK are too large dia and do not fit the DWX or the TSO. They are same size as 1911 grip screws and the screws thread into my 1911's fully.

TSO Screws fit the DWX and factory DWX screws fit the TSO.

Might be a new change, not sure. I'll let LOK know. 

52 minutes ago, Kmargetta said:

The factory TSO magwell works with stock DWX and Henning base pads. I did a short range firing before sending the slide off for machining. The Rear of the Henning is real close to hitting the magwell but seats fine. I will likely file a small notch for a little relief where the Henning release pin is.

CZ Parts sells the factory magwell but expensive ($110) and in EU so not sure how long/how much shipping would be. Armory Craft looks close to being same profile but unsure.

I have the armorycraft magwell and the factory basepads would pop the magazine out making it unreliable

9 hours ago, 42ATK said:

Has anyone bought a Magwell and tested it with the factory basepads? I can confirm the ArmoryCraft one does not work with factory pads

As you've been told elsewhere, no. Sorry the facts make you sad.