Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_0440.thumb.jpeg.3b691ee56a06eb4622c85ff886e829a1.jpeg

On 1/28/2024 at 10:01 AM, 42ATK said:

Has anyone bought a Magwell and tested it with the factory basepads? I can confirm the ArmoryCraft one does not work with factory pads

Did you try the black plastic P10 magazine base plate. My mags fit with Armory Craft magwell. 

2 hours ago, Drell said:

Hennings base pads also work with Armory Craft  magwellIMG_0441.thumb.jpeg.9c3ac2e4b8349bb9a8a16738e2a3d75e.jpeg

I might just buy some factory basepads to test! Thank you for the answer - I’ll give that a shot. Thank you for the help

Acp71 - Are you going to use a light?

If so I got a Safariland 6390RDS-2582-131 for a Staccato XC. I had to heat up and widen the holster near the bottom, shave the barrel plug flat, sand down the ALS catch to match the width of the slide, and install a Ghostmen Designs Portal X.  The gun drops into the holster very well, the ALS system works as expected, and the draw is pretty smooth. 

On 1/21/2024 at 8:54 AM, Kmargetta said:

Looks to be a grip screw change from DW on the DWX at some point.

I ordered LOK grips, and the "DWX Screws". The grips are same as Shadow 2/TSO/etc as most know. 

The Shadow 2 screws that come with the grips fit the DWX and my TSO. 

The "DWX Screws" from LOK are too large dia and do not fit the DWX or the TSO. They are same size as 1911 grip screws and the screws thread into my 1911's fully.

TSO Screws fit the DWX and factory DWX screws fit the TSO.

Might be a new change, not sure. I'll let LOK know. 

Yeah, this was a running change that was made due to the complaints that the screws were different. LOK grips calls this out on the product page for the DWX Torx screws they sell, "After X2302050 = CZ-threaded screws"

On 10/21/2019 at 9:54 PM, robchavous said:

I was told early next year and MSRP is $1799

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Cool gun and a MSRP price that doesn’t hurt the bank.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 9:55 PM, Drell said:

Finally got it set up for Limited Optics!

IMG_0423.jpeg

I’m basically setting mine up to be the same - what *thumb rest [generic]* takedown lever is that? Can you use CZ75 takedown levers on DWXs?

On 1/28/2024 at 10:01 AM, 42ATK said:

Has anyone bought a Magwell and tested it with the factory basepads? I can confirm the ArmoryCraft one does not work with factory pads

I can confirm factory basepads + ArmoryCraft mag well does work for me. Over 2k rounds in with no issues

On 2/18/2024 at 1:23 AM, lmaobaka said:

Does anyone know if DW will sell replacement frames? I accidentally dropped mine from about 4ft and the beaver tail is now bent... lol

Drop it from the other direction 

On 2/18/2024 at 8:23 AM, lmaobaka said:

Does anyone know if DW will sell replacement frames? I accidentally dropped mine from about 4ft and the beaver tail is now bent... lol

According to the experiment you did, it failed the 4-ft test  🙈🙈🙈 

So I no longer want to buy this  type of  gun.😉

On 2/18/2024 at 12:23 AM, lmaobaka said:

Interesting, actually bent or did you just dent the metal? 

Does anybody else find it odd that CZ/DW would go through the trouble to develop a modular serialized part for the DWX (however gorgeous it may be) without any apparent intent to use it elsewhere? It seems like a lot of effort for two models unless they have something planned further down the line… and I haven’t really seen/heard whisperings of anything along those lines.

11 hours ago, arcsign said:

Does anybody else find it odd that CZ/DW would go through the trouble to develop a modular serialized part for the DWX (however gorgeous it may be) without any apparent intent to use it elsewhere? It seems like a lot of effort for two models unless they have something planned further down the line… and I haven’t really seen/heard whisperings of anything along those lines.

Maybe hoping for aftermarket support?