Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/8/2023 at 7:50 PM, Toggleme said:

Just installed the agw perfect match. This is basically a matched egw set. 

Honestly, the hardest part is getting the safety off. Start with the left side and the safety needs to be between safe and fire. Just needs a steady pull but be careful not to lose the detent. 

If you're hesitant about the assembly and disassembly, take a lot of photos as you go. 

Thank you, it sounds pretty easy.

I received a couple of emails from LOK Grips and the “1911 T20 Torx Screws” they have are too short for the DWX. They will be carrying a correct screw but it’s expected in 6-8 weeks. They suggested a 1911 screw with an O-ring in the mean time. 

• 3 weeks later...

Fun one on Sunday: Mid stage, had my firing pin stop (FPS) fall out and firing pin fly out of the gun. I was able to find both parts and they look fine. During reassembly noticed there is a lot of clearance between the FPS and the slide. Guessing this doesn't need to be a snug fit since the pin itself is keeping the FPS in place. 

These components are not modified, but the gun does have an AGW ignition kit and optics cut. Probably have ~1500 round count on the gun. 

Anyone else experience something similar in the past? 

32 minutes ago, Toggleme said:

Fun one on Sunday: Mid stage, had my firing pin stop (FPS) fall out and firing pin fly out of the gun. I was able to find both parts and they look fine. During reassembly noticed there is a lot of clearance between the FPS and the slide. Guessing this doesn't need to be a snug fit since the pin itself is keeping the FPS in place. 

These components are not modified, but the gun does have an AGW ignition kit and optics cut. Probably have ~1500 round count on the gun. 

Anyone else experience something similar in the past? 

Wow. That sounds crazy.

On 8/6/2023 at 7:29 PM, Drell said:

Yeah I had to cut the grips down to fit. I really like the OEM grips so wanted to try and make them work. Had a friend make the thumb rest. Still working out the details on it. Doesn’t slide lock and not sure the angle is right. Once we get it worked out he is gonna start selling them on his website.

Any updates on this?

I love my DWX. Only small issue I had is I bought Lok Palmswell grips and an ArmoryCraft mag well and the magwell made my magazines pop out when firing… :( so no magwell for me, back to factory grips

Edited by 42ATK

8 hours ago, 42ATK said:

I love my DWX. Only small issue I had is I bought Lok Palmswell grips and an ArmoryCraft mag well and the magwell made my magazines pop out when firing… :( so no magwell for me, back to factory grips

I had the same issue with my stock DWX basepads and the LOK Gridlok mag well. Henning mag bases worked well and ended up modifying some factory plastic basepads to fit. Some details in my post history in this thread if youre interested. 

1 hour ago, Toggleme said:

I had the same issue with my stock DWX basepads and the LOK Gridlok mag well. Henning mag bases worked well and ended up modifying some factory plastic basepads to fit. Some details in my post history in this thread if youre interested. 

I’ll take a look! Thank you for the recommendation :)

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

With some dry fire I like it without the magwell. Feels just like my A01 CO gun. 

I tried it out and I like it with the factory grips more than the palm swells. I wanted the magwell but alas! So goes the situation. I am also buying an A01 - how do they compare?

29 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Which version are you getting? They are superb. Better made than the DWX with a more custom feel/fit. They shoot extremely well. Can’t go wrong with an A01. 

Really? That’s high praise because the DWX is now my favorite pistol and I have some heavy hitters (Shadow Target II - *not* the Shadow II, P226 X6 PPC, 1911 Gold Cup National Match)

I splurged a lot and got an A01-SD, in hard chrome, OR, custom from CZC. I also asked them for an extra set of wear parts so that I can keep the gun running forever and bought an extra threaded barrel 😂. I cannot wait for it to finally ship

43 minutes ago, 42ATK said:

Really? That’s high praise because the DWX is now my favorite pistol and I have some heavy hitters (Shadow Target II - *not* the Shadow II, P226 X6 PPC, 1911 Gold Cup National Match)

I splurged a lot and got an A01-SD, in hard chrome, OR, custom from CZC. I also asked them for an extra set of wear parts so that I can keep the gun running forever and bought an extra threaded barrel 😂. I cannot wait for it to finally ship

You will love it! Given the nature of the single action non hinged trigger on the DWX I shoot it more accurately than the A01. The DWX has been the most accurate non custom pistol I have owned. 

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

You will love it! Given the nature of the single action non hinged trigger on the DWX I shoot it more accurately than the A01. The DWX has been the most accurate non custom pistol I have owned. 

Well I can’t wait to try them back to back! I was really impressed by the DWX. At 25 yards, irons, with target focus, and not a super slow cadence, I kept my shots within a 6” circle

incredible pistol :)

13 hours ago, 42ATK said:

I'll bet your basepads are too wide/tall and need to be shaved down. I had a shadow 2 with an armory craft magwell that did the same thing. Too much pressure when smacked in to lock, shaved down the tops of the pads and viola, 24+1 goodness coupled with a magwell 

Edited by Runswithwood1
Forgot a word