Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jripper said:

Still have not shot mine.  Damn life gets in the way.  Hopefully tomorrow.  I did measure trigger pull at 4lbs 4 ounces.  Took the slide off.  Machine work looks excellent.  

how is slide to frame fit. like custom 2011 or not? 

4lb trigger pull weight not problem at all .

39 minutes ago, jripper said:

Still have not shot mine.  Damn life gets in the way.  Hopefully tomorrow.  I did measure trigger pull at 4lbs 4 ounces.  Took the slide off.  Machine work looks excellent.  

Selfish of you not to drop everything and make a review for us.  🤣

Seriously what is up with all the desktop or unboxing  reviews on line. Do any of them go to the range? 

And the reviewers are totally unknown some have 15 subscribers lol  or big companies like chipper than dirt  ETC 

Why do the guys that would shoot the s#!t out of it and give an honest review are not posting anything? 

Edited by 1911vm

2 hours ago, yigal said:

how is slide to frame fit. like custom 2011 or not? 

4lb trigger pull weight not problem at all .

There is a little play in the slide.  Not as tight as a custom 2011.  It isn't excessive, and barrel still locks up tight.

4 hours ago, jripper said:

Some pics.  I love the crown.  

dw1.JPG

dw2.JPG

dw3.JPG

dw4.JPG

dw6.JPG

dw8.JPG

dw9.JPG

dw10.JPG

I was not going to get full size but these pictures making me change my mind . My wife is going to shoot me

Edited by 1911vm

3 hours ago, 1911vm said:

I was not going to get full size but these pictures making me change my mind . My wife is going to shoot me

I wasn’t going to keep this.  I have so many 9mm pistols.  But after handling it I changed my mind. 

On 12/26/2022 at 10:50 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Let's have 50 divisions so every whiner can get their way!

Agreed! All the weird old dudes that still want to shoot .40 can shoot limited major amongst themselves, and everyone else can run 9mm.

edit: It’s hard to fathom what kind of pathetic loser would edit someone else’s post on an obscure web forum. 

Edited by mkmckinley

15 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

I'm seeing things like "limited run" or "only 1200 made".  Are they not going to make any more? With everyone wanting a 9mm 2011 these days, it makes zero sense to not continue production of these.     

I seen that also 

44 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

I'm seeing things like "limited run" or "only 1200 made".  Are they not going to make any more? With everyone wanting a 9mm 2011 these days, it makes zero sense to not continue production of these.     

well, that’s one way to make sure you sell all of them immediately… 

🤣

22 hours ago, 1911vm said:

Seriously what is up with all the desktop or unboxing  reviews on line. Do any of them go to the range?

Hardly a day goes by that I do not think this as I patrol the gun boards.

I don't care how neat and cool it looks, call back a month from next Thursday after you have done some shooting.

Better yet, take it to some matches and tell us how it improves your scores... or not.

Edited by Jim Watson

17 minutes ago, Sarge said:

And now a lot of very nice full blown CO guns will hit the classifieds as well. New divisions really hurt current divisions 

I don't think that's true at all. The new division will allow people that want to shoot limited optics the chance to shoot limited optics without a scoring penalty, and the people that want to stay and carry optics can do that, and the people that want to start shooting carry optics will be able to pick up some full-blown carry optics guns in the classifieds for a good deal. Looks like everybody wins to me 

PS I'm excited for limited optics, but I won't be selling my carry optics gun. It's pretty versatile and I'll still have a gun for multiple divisions. I think I've got a gun for everything but open and a PCC now, well and revolver but that don't really count LOL

Edited by RJH