Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

7 hours ago, Posvar said:

I too have mags that were reserved for this gun. If I sell them it will be released as that’s how it goes with me. Lol 

u can forge 20 of them ( like steel for good knife ) to make from this mags  new gun.

and u will have  new gun with 5 mags😉

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Posvar said:

I too have mags that were reserved for this gun. If I sell them it will be released as that’s how it goes with me. Lol 

Sounds like it's all on you.  Please sell the mags and let the magic happen 

They have 563 completed, boxed, ready to ship pistols, but the the 2008 Dodge ram that they bring the boxes to the post office in has dead fuel pump and the replacement fuel pump is on a container ship in the pacific.   They could get a replacement part on Ebay but the Dan Wesson purchasing manager is a stickler for high-quality OEM parts.  Something like that.  

2 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

They have 563 completed, boxed, ready to ship pistols, but the the 2008 Dodge ram that they bring the boxes to the post office in has dead fuel pump and the replacement fuel pump is on a container ship in the pacific.   They could get a replacement part on Ebay but the Dan Wesson purchasing manager is a stickler for high-quality OEM parts.  Something like that.  

They have one old vehicle and there are no more vans in America?

they can produce perfect HQ guns and can't fix f. fuel pump? i hope this movie  has happy end😉

5 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

The above was complete satire, for the record.  

On 1/21/2022 at 4:13 PM, 18111811 said:

Over the last year, we have come close to being able to ship the DWX multiple times, but each attempt has been met with obstacles and set-backs along the way.

If DW was that close to shipping several times why would the project be put on the back burner?  Maybe the Colt acquisition played into the decision.

28 minutes ago, Redner said:

If DW was that close to shipping several times why would the project be put on the back burner?  Maybe the Colt acquisition played into the decision.

Just like fine wine they want to make sure DWX is perfect.  They were ready to ship, they tested first batch and it was not good enough (did not work)  So they are aging it so its perfect and goes bang every time.  

38 minutes ago, 1911vm said:

Just like fine wine they want to make sure DWX is perfect.  They were ready to ship, they tested first batch and it was not good enough (did not work)  So they are aging it so its perfect and goes bang every time.  

Wanted to break a Guinness record. 34 pages of discussion on a non-existent product😉

Looks like I made the right decision grabbing a P-09 instead.

The DWX would have been nice (probably), however, I've grown tired of everything being blamed on COVID and I'm not just talking about the DWX.

There's no excuse for Dan Wesson not giving the finger to NY (since the lockdown's were months and months long) and moving the company to a different state since Dan Wesson isn't a large company.  Would it have been ideal...no, however, at some point as a business you have to cut your losses.  If you can't make/sell products then you aren't going to remain in business as you'll pi$$ of your customers and they'll go elsewhere.  Other companies that are larger than DW have already moved in the last 2 years.

Remington was sold, moved, and has already reopened and are shipping several models of firearms during COVID so it can be done.

6 hours ago, S&W686 said:

I went to the Dan Wesson website this morning and noticed that the DWX is not showing up when viewing all products. 

It no longer even shows up in the search results on their website and you get a 404 (Page not Found) when trying to go to https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx/

It's most likely dead I'm thinking...good job DW 🙄

Yet again I get burned thinking that because a gun company announces something that they'll actually deliver it.

Never again 😡

It was mentioned in the thread previously but per their instagram, they have “decided to halt promotion of the DWX” until it meets “the standards that we have set and that our customers deserve.”

I’m guessing the gun is just not ready for mass production and so instead of leaving it up on the site and getting hundreds of phone calls and emails every week asking when it’ll be available, they are just going dark on it until it’s closer to/ready for production.

It was mentioned in the thread previously but per their instagram, they have “decided to halt promotion of the DWX” until it meets “the standards that we have set and that our customers deserve.”

I’m guessing the gun is just not ready for mass production and so instead of leaving it up on the site and getting hundreds of phone calls and emails every week asking when it’ll be available, they are just going dark on it until it’s closer to/ready for production

Edited by Nolf1344

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Any inside word on what might be the manufacturing or QA issues ?

And let’s not hear COVID as the answer please. 

Can't have QA issues on none existing product