Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CO Optics Longevity

Chuck D

For me the DPPs have held zero like a champ - in both Open and CO. I've had two go back to Leupold for warranty work though - one was for turing on/off during recoil and the second was the elevation/windage adjustments stopped moving the dot.  Lately I've noticed one of my DPPs to be very dim outdoors even at it brightest setting with a new battery - not like it was before. I'll probably end up offloading one of the DPPs and get a Romeo 3 Max to try out. 

+1 to having a backup to whatever dot you get. 

2 hours ago, praetorian97 said:

In the CO world, 2 is none 3 is one. 

Absolute truth. Both of my DeltaPoints wen't bad within a two week period. First one had about ~4k on it, and second had about 10k on it. Both are at Leupold being repaired. 

When I get them back, I'll be purchasing a 3rd as a backup DPP to my backup gun's DPP which is a backup to my primary DPP optic. 😎

22 hours ago, Roons said:

Absolute truth. Both of my DeltaPoints wen't bad within a two week period. First one had about ~4k on it, and second had about 10k on it. Both are at Leupold being repaired. 

When I get them back, I'll be purchasing a 3rd as a backup DPP to my backup gun's DPP which is a backup to my primary DPP optic. 😎

What a coincidence.

***Link to ad removed.

-Admin 

Edited by ima45dv8
Link to ad removed by Admin.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:28 PM, tdp88 said:

I went through two Vortex Venoms in 1,000 combined rounds. I just got an SRO and have about 500 so far. We'll see how this one works out. 

Same for me, got about 1500 rounds ea on two Venoms before they went out and ended up buying the SRO hope that it will last longer. Haven’t had a chance to use it yet however, still waiting for the RMR plate to come back in stock at CZC.

On 8/27/2019 at 10:12 PM, jpm2953 said:

4600 rounds on my Sig Romeo 1 so far. Still good

ya man i read alot of compalining about the R1 but ive had mine for almost 5k without issue and the one i had before had more the only reason i took it off is because a peice of brass ricocheted off port and chipped the top corner... mine is mounted to and x5 with txg grip and guide rod so all it it weighs 44.5 oz with mag and base pads... i couldent love it more and the CS at sig it 100% top notch not to mention there constently inivating.. i have shot almost every other dot (other then a few of the new ones) and i prefer my R1 to all of them... follow me on IG and watch that bad boy run @yaboyjoshdawson    so to sum it up buy an R1 and you may never be "that guy"  sad because your sub par dot failed...😉🤐😉

Incredible video, so glad it got captured on film. Otherwise I would never believe it 🤣

That being said, it only represents a failing of the mounting plate, not an inherent flaw with the Leupold. I think everyone can agree that the optimal way to install a slide-mounted red dot is in a custom-milled-for-size pocket directly into the slide.  Other installation options are more versatile (MOS, AOS, or any other adapter plate system), or less expensive (dovetail mount) but a custom milled pocket is by far the most secure and offers the smallest height over bore offset.

Vortex Venom on my CZ shadow 2 147 reloads right at 132PF, about 8,000 rounds no issues at all.

I replaced it with a 5MOA SRO and put the venom on my Ruger Mark III competition .22.

I've got about 3000 rounds with the SRO and so far so good. I have one on my M&P 9L as well

with about 1500 rounds through that one and again no issues. The M&P is my back up gun for USPSA

and my main gun for steel challenge, so the CZ sees a lot more work. I regularly shoot "off the shelf" factory 147 and 124 through 

the CZ at practice sessions as well, so It may be tough to decipher if softer loads extend life or not , because I mix it up all the time.