Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question for STI jw3 Combat Master owners/purchasers. Wait time?

CrossOut

Hey guys, 

Admittedly, I'm a little impatient, but, I'm trying to estimate the current wait time for my pistol. Hopefully this will help others waiting as well..

tti website quoted 3-8 weeks at the time of purchase it now says 12-18 weeks!  Any attempt to contact tti had been met with silence, even emails have no response. Kinds sucks given i sent them 12k for 3 of them And can't get so much as a response. They made a shipping label and already took the money so it's not like they're charging you at time of shipping. 

Next tried contacting STI directly, they said they tti had the wrong wait time posted before..  and current wait is 90-120 days. But can't give an estimate for my order..

I know a few of you have ordered/received their Combat Masters already so hopefully some of your can help me gauge the current wait times. If you don't mind, just let us know when you ordered yours and if / when you received yours..

I'll start,

Ordered mine May 7th.   Still waiting for shipment.

Thanks guys!

You bought a custom shop gun from a mass market movie that's still in theaters, did you expect nobody else would be lining up to get one? 

For putting down 12k on 3 guns you've never even held you can probably afford to wait until the DVD release to receive them.

I applaud TTI for keeping the same approach for everyone no matter if they spent $40 to $12K. No one is special or gets favors. Yup, they are extremely busy still by the way they are still pushing the stuff on social media.

Yeah it's gonna be a while..   sti said tti had the wrong wait times posted that under cut their standard lead time without the mass ordering...

I'm not asking for special favors, discounts, or anything,  I'm just looking for a more accurate eta based on others who have also purchased..   

If you have nothing to contribute please post your opinions in another topic. Thanks.

Edited by CrossOut

Crossout,

A friend of mine ordered 3 as well (he got a significant discount, as I hope you did). He ordered one before the movie and two after. The one he got before the movie came out is already here and it's awesome. The two he ordered after the movie still haven't shown up if I understand correctly.

Good luck.

Thanks Geraldskip,  according to others, wait time is around 4 months which is longer than STIs standard wait time..

I've felt and shot the gun at shot show, kinda wish i ordered one then. That said,  the gun is definitely a cut above what STI usually produces,  fit and finish is a lot better, blending of the parts, tuning of the trigger, extractor, etc all things you can tell they put a lot more work into this pistol compared to their other offerings..  as Daniel Taran said himself he wants the pistol ready to go out of box, not for people to have to spend another 1k getting it blended and tuned.  No it's not on the same level as Atlas, Limcat, or svi.  But neither of those have the look or flare that the combat Master has,  it's a second kind of cool.   You go to a local range and pull a svi out of your bag, people will say "it's a pretty gun" or "it's fancy"...  Only people who know the name or also own super custom guns can really appreciate them.  To your average shooter they're just another gun that you dumped a ton of money into..   if people look at the combat Master they know it's John wick's gun.   It has it's own cool to it and that's something you can't order from a custom shop...  And I own an Atlas, svi, and a few other guns from small time custom shops, trust me, if i wanted another super custom gun, I'd buy one.  But i don't i wanted this one.

I'm seeing a gross lack of respect from other forum members.. infact, i find many of you quite immature when it comes to trivial things. I've honestly never seen such attitude or immaturity from other forums.. maybe moderator presence is lacking. 

I make this topic with honest intention to get some info from other owners..  i never asked for anyone's opinions about my purchases. infact i respectfully asked you take them elsewhere.  It's sadly immature of you guys considering this forum was built around knowledge and pride in ownership.. not bashing other people's purchases.. 

To directly address the haters and trolls,

I got money, deal with it.. if i want to spend it on something awesome, or stupid that's up to me. And honestly shouldn't concern you... Get good, learn 2 code. (Insert meme to make the brand elitists butt hurt and act more like liberals) yeah i said it, you're acting like a liberal.. so tolerant of you.

Edited by CrossOut

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 5:35 AM, CrossOut said:

...No it's not on the same level as Atlas, Limcat, or svi.  But neither of those have the look or flare that the combat Master has,  it's a second kind of cool.   You go to a local range and pull a svi out of your bag, people will say "it's a pretty gun" or "it's fancy"...  ...  if people look at the combat Master they know it's John wick's gun.   It has it's own cool to it and that's something you can't order from a custom shop......But i don't i wanted this one.

I'm seeing a gross lack of respect from other forum members.. infact, i find many of you quite immature when it comes to trivial things. I've honestly never seen such attitude or immaturity from other forums.. maybe moderator presence is lacking. .

Glad you like buying guns for the "cool factor".

However, this is a shooters forum and most likely someone buying guns for the cool factor at the range rather than to shoot is not going to get much respect. Now, use it to make GM shooting minor in Limited with that gun and you WILL get respect. ;) 

4 hours ago, tanks said:

Glad you like buying guns for the "cool factor".

However, this is a shooters forum and most likely someone buying guns for the cool factor at the range rather than to shoot is not going to get much respect. Now, use it to make GM shooting minor in Limited with that gun and you WILL get respect. ;) 

What's it really matter? 

I know I have un practical guns in my safe that I bring out for the "cool" factor. 

Beretta 21a for instance. I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it, but it's still fun to take out. 

I'm willing to bet he came here to ask about the Taran 2011 pistol because, well, 2011s are very prevalent in the sport we play and Taran is a well known pro in the sport we play. 

So maybe he's not the only one who has an order out from the guy and he's looking for answers to his questions. 

On 7/3/2019 at 8:35 AM, CrossOut said:

Thanks Geraldskip,  according to others, wait time is around 4 months which is longer than STIs standard wait time..

I've felt and shot the gun at shot show, kinda wish i ordered one then. That said,  the gun is definitely a cut above what STI usually produces,  fit and finish is a lot better, blending of the parts, tuning of the trigger, extractor, etc all things you can tell they put a lot more work into this pistol compared to their other offerings..  as Daniel Taran said himself he wants the pistol ready to go out of box, not for people to have to spend another 1k getting it blended and tuned.  No it's not on the same level as Atlas, Limcat, or svi.  But neither of those have the look or flare that the combat Master has,  it's a second kind of cool.   You go to a local range and pull a svi out of your bag, people will say "it's a pretty gun" or "it's fancy"...  Only people who know the name or also own super custom guns can really appreciate them.  To your average shooter they're just another gun that you dumped a ton of money into..   if people look at the combat Master they know it's John wick's gun.   It has it's own cool to it and that's something you can't order from a custom shop...  And I own an Atlas, svi, and a few other guns from small time custom shops, trust me, if i wanted another super custom gun, I'd buy one.  But i don't i wanted this one.

I'm seeing a gross lack of respect from other forum members.. infact, i find many of you quite immature when it comes to trivial things. I've honestly never seen such attitude or immaturity from other forums.. maybe moderator presence is lacking. 

I make this topic with honest intention to get some info from other owners..  i never asked for anyone's opinions about my purchases. infact i respectfully asked you take them elsewhere.  It's sadly immature of you guys considering this forum was built around knowledge and pride in ownership.. not bashing other people's purchases.. 

To directly address the haters and trolls,

I got money, deal with it.. if i want to spend it on something awesome, or stupid that's up to me. And honestly shouldn't concern you... Get good, learn 2 code. (Insert meme to make the brand elitists butt hurt and act more like liberals) yeah i said it, you're acting like a liberal.. so tolerant of you.

I don't know how we've missed this for so long, but, you need to grow a thicker skin....and read the forum guidelines.

1 hour ago, BC27 said:

If anyone is looking for one, check your local Scheels store.  That’s where I got mine and they had more than one. 

This

i just one one at my local scheels. I mean they are asking full retail, but it’s there.