Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Orange - Review and Changes

ringram

Click bait.

But also hopefully to prompt a new owner to fill us in the details. Especially since they have been out on sale for a month or so. Looks like RRP is $1995.

Id like to know 25yard group size vs stock shadow 2?

Also what changes are made to allow the bushing? (ie) Is it able to be retrofitted? Is the slide marked "Orange"?

What trigger changes are there if any?

Not sure on the bushing, but the front sight has a set screw on them because of the bushing.

On the trigger the gun comes with the comp hammer and short reset disconnector fitted.

55 minutes ago, ringram said:

Doesnt the shadow 2 already have the comp hammer? I read someone else saying the reset was shorter. So thats a plus.

The standard S2 not. Shadow Orange supposes to have:

- comp hammer

- short reset disconnector

- polished barrel (and slide..)

- bushing

All of above can be had for 150 euro... gun is over 800 more expensive... hmmm let's wait and see.

Slide is machined to take the spring and new plunger.

Quote from CZ webpage talking about... the standard shadow 2! So will be interesting to see if this is the new short reset, or the new new short reset :)

"The innovative trigger mechanism has a smooth action, a low resistance and a shortened trigger reset."

• 2 weeks later...

Base S2 is easily obtainable under $1100 actually. So yeah thats the cheaper way. BUT for competition gun must be stock. (Well in IPSC anyway, not now in Micky Mouse USPSA anything goes daily moved goalpost game)

1 hour ago, ringram said:

BUT for competition gun must be stock. (Well in IPSC anyway, not now in Micky Mouse USPSA anything goes daily moved goalpost game)

Really?  Didn't I read recently that now in IPSC Production you can pretty much rip the entire trigger mechanism and replace it with whatever you want?

Doesn't sound "stock" to me.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:43 PM, elguapo said:

Really?  Didn't I read recently that now in IPSC Production you can pretty much rip the entire trigger mechanism and replace it with whatever you want?

Doesn't sound "stock" to me.

After all it´s just a Trigger.

4 hours ago, rowdyb said:

ipsc you can now change springs and triggers to whatever you want. also have to claim a 5lb first pull or a 3lb every pull trigger.

obviously DA guns have to start hammer down.. so the 3lb every pull rule doesn't pertain DA guns. Eg. you can't start cocked and locked. 

I recently got a Shadow 2 Orange.  The bushing seems different from the CZC ones I've seen on the Accushadows, and don't Accushadows have full trigger jobs?

My Orange has a great SA trigger (3.25lbs, short reset) but the DA is identical to my SP-01, 12+ lbs unless it is from the halfcock.

The slide's internals are highly polished in many areas and the entire barrel is in a very high polish.  Seems to have some overlap in features with the Accushadows though as well as similar prices.

It didn't come with an extra safety like the Standard S2.  It has the winged one installed on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

obviously DA guns have to start hammer down.. so the 3lb every pull rule doesn't pertain DA guns. Eg. you can't start cocked and locked. 

Yes it does. You could run a Shadow 2 with a sub 5lb DA as long as every trigger pull was >3lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk