Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Trigger

hlpressley

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HCH said:

My favorite so far has been the TTI kit and an over travel stop ejector housing. 

Which does not compare to a custom built trigger such as Johnny Glocks, DK, Vanek, etc.

2 hours ago, JBP55 said:

Which does not compare to a custom built trigger such as Johnny Glocks, DK, Vanek, etc.

I’ve had the GT edge, ZEV Fulcrum Ultimate, and played with everything except Johnny Glock. 

I would like to try the JG, but I’m not dropping $300 on the “latest and greatest”. A few years ago the ZEV was the thing to have. Vanek was the best ever a while back too. 

That being said, if anyone wants to send me a Johnny Glock Gen 4 9mm trigger to check out, I’ll pay for shipping. 

Edited by HCH

12 hours ago, HCH said:

I’ve had the GT edge, ZEV Fulcrum Ultimate, and played with everything except Johnny Glock. 

I would like to try the JG, but I’m not dropping $300 on the “latest and greatest”. A few years ago the ZEV was the thing to have. Vanek was the best ever a while back too. 

That being said, if anyone wants to send me a Johnny Glock Gen 4 9mm trigger to check out, I’ll pay for shipping. 

Funny!

2 hours ago, RickB954 said:

For you guys running the Johnny Glocks trigger...is the flat faced DAT trigger shoe worth the upgrade?  Or just comes down to personal preference?

Personal preference.  If you don’t hate the factory shoe, then it’s probably best to stick with it.  I hate the wide flat triggers, much prefer the factory shoe.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mustang684 said:

12 years ago, I installed a Vanek trigger in my G35. It has run flawlessly with zero failures over the years. Great product.

Wearing out a trigger bar would be a rare thing.

Big vote here for Charlie Vanek’s. Not only great on my G34s - an Advanced Trigger on one and Advanced GM on another- but when I had questions Charlie was great to deal with. I’ll buy from him again and highly recommend dealing him and the variety of triggers he has available. 

I used to search for the best trigger. I have Zev (multiple), Vogel, Vanek, DK, and home built ones in various guns. The better I get the more it doesn't matter what trigger is in what gun. they are all good triggers and I think it just comes down to your personal preference. 

Any of the ones I mentioned will give you all you need to go as far as you can go with a glock.

5 minutes ago, TDF said:

I used to search for the best trigger. I have Zev (multiple), Vogel, Vanek, DK, and home built ones in various guns. The better I get the more it doesn't matter what trigger is in what gun. they are all good triggers and I think it just comes down to your personal preference. 

Any of the ones I mentioned will give you all you need to go as far as you can go with a glock.

So you are saying we don’t need anymore “best Glock trigger” threads? They seem to pop up about once a week, here, there or somewhere else. 

It’s all just personal preference and practice?

Oh my. Heresy.

PS: someone will point out you didn’t mention Apex or Johnny Glock...!!

Edited by Paul49

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, JBP55 said:

I much prefer a DK, Johnny Glocks, or Vanek trigger over the EDGE and I have owned all of them.

I hear ya....I'm thinking of trying a Johnny Glocks....hear great things about them....just got used to the EDGE.

I will say...my home trigger job (polish job, 4# striker spring, lightened FPS spring, & extra power trigger return spring) gives me a great 3.25# trigger....my EDGE is at about 2.75 - 3#'s....negligible difference for my shooting....except the EDGE does give a quicker reset with the over-travel & pre-travel screws in the trigger housing....

5 minutes ago, zipper046 said:

I hear ya....I'm thinking of trying a Johnny Glocks....hear great things about them....just got used to the EDGE.

I will say...my home trigger job (polish job, 4# striker spring, lightened FPS spring, & extra power trigger return spring) gives me a great 3.25# trigger....my EDGE is at about 2.75 - 3#'s....negligible difference for my shooting....except the EDGE does give a quicker reset with the over-travel & pre-travel screws in the trigger housing....

A 4# FPS and a 6# trigger spring may cause trigger reset issues.

1 hour ago, JBP55 said:

A 4# FPS and a 6# trigger spring may cause trigger reset issues.

I had read that a while back (couple years ago)....but figured I would give it a whirl....3 years now and 1,000's of rounds and no issues yet....but I have 4.5# and 5.0# springs just in case....

37 minutes ago, avastcosmicarena said:

How difficult is it to get a 2.75 - 3 lb trigger with a glock? I'm thinking about buying a Zev OZ9 and wondering if I can get it down to be close to my PCC and AR triggers.

Contact Joe D on this forum. He explains it in a post on this forum dated 08/21/2007.

Edited by JBP55
TYPO.

11 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

How difficult is it to get a 2.75 - 3 lb trigger with a glock? I'm thinking about buying a Zev OZ9 and wondering if I can get it down to be close to my PCC and AR triggers.

My Johnny Glock with a 4.5# striker gives me a 3# pull.