Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas titan

sleepdoc

I am trying to decide on a limited gun. I come from a long range precision rifle background but will be doing some USPSA matches this year for a change of pace. I was initially going to get an Atlas titan in 9mm but someone told me it will be heavier than it needs to be for 9mm. I am not set on 9mm by any means and reloading is not an issue as I am all set up for reloading besides just getting components for whichever caliber. My question I realize is subjective but would it be better to just go with a 40 and load it for minor or get a 9mm?

I am trying to decide on a limited gun. I come from a long range precision rifle background but will be doing some USPSA matches this year for a change of pace. I was initially going to get an Atlas titan in 9mm but someone told me it will be heavier than it needs to be for 9mm. I am not set on 9mm by any means and reloading is not an issue as I am all set up for reloading besides just getting components for whichever caliber. My question I realize is subjective but would it be better to just go with a 40 and load it for minor or get a 9mm?
What are your goals for uspsa? casual fun or desire to be a serious competitor?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, sleepdoc said:

The scoring system favors MAJOR PF guns in Limited. Unless it's for a physical reason such as painful hands etc I would go with a .40 in Limited. Since I am really only set up to load 9mm in bulk I would shoot a 9mm in Limited because I just don't care to start buying bulk bullets and different powders etc. But that's just me knowing I wouldn't be competitive either way so I would just keep it simple.

12 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

What are your goals for uspsa? casual fun or desire to be a serious competitor?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No real goals at this point as I will probably only shoot more local matches. With how much I work I can only make 1-2 out of state rifle matches a year so I will never get to the point of being a national level competitor. 

Yes, 9mm limited guns are stupid unless you have a REALLY good reason for getting one, like you shoot 3-gun and are sponsored and someone else is paying for it.

You'd be best off getting a 40 and loading it for major, unless you are an 11-year old girl or have severe hand issues that prevent you from shooting grown-up bullets.  ;)

Yes, 9mm limited guns are stupid unless you have a REALLY good reason for getting one, like you shoot 3-gun and are sponsored and someone else is paying for it.

You'd be best off getting a 40 and loading it for major, unless you are an 11-year old girl or have severe hand issues that prevent you from shooting grown-up bullets.  [emoji6]

True... very true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for going with a .40. You’ll be able to sell it to a broader market, if you ever decide to sell it. Plus like they said you can load it for either major or minor. I just got my Titan a few weeks ago. Their customer service has been great!! 

7A0B1D11-79CC-4CB1-A0A7-26CD16741A6E.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 11:28 PM, Corrado_kid said:

+1 for going with a .40. You’ll be able to sell it to a broader market, if you ever decide to sell it. Plus like they said you can load it for either major or minor. I just got my Titan a few weeks ago. Their customer service has been great!! 

Sweet blaster....is that orange on the magwell? how does it shoot? I'd like to try one of those someday....gotta save my pennies.

7 hours ago, JJB05 said:

Sweet blaster....is that orange on the magwell? how does it shoot? I'd like to try one of those someday....gotta save my pennies.

Yep that’s orange on the magwell, had to fit it in somewhere. It shoots well

Like what?  I have two atlas open guns along with their magazines and several accessories.  I haven't had an issue with anything and they were easy to talk to the couple of times I've had questions.  No trying to argue with you, just wondering what has happened?  

1 hour ago, davidb72 said:

ATLAS has been having some quality issues lately. Might be a good idea to look elsewhere.

One gun came to the shooter with magazines that wouldn't fit in the grip.

One gun came to the shooter with a safety that would allow the hammer to drop when disengaged. When that issue was brought to light another shooter checked his gun and had the same issue.

I know of another one that has had several issues that has been back and forth to them several times and is still not right.

My Titan has been 100% - reliable and accurate since I got it. They can build good guns but something has changed within the past year and it hasn't been good.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:28 PM, Corrado_kid said:

What magwell is that?

Since I am now part of the Atlas Titan "Family" I figured I would post up some pictures of my new blaster. This is the Operator version of the Titan. I went with this version of the Titan simply because I am really good at breaking adjustable rear sights and prefer the fixed Novak style rear sights. I have had this bad boy for less than a week and already got 1200 rounds down the pipe with zero issues. I am looking forward to giving this blaster a solid workout this season.

Atlas Titan Operator Left.jpg

Atlas Titan Operator Right.jpg

2 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

Since I am now part of the Atlas Titan "Family" I figured I would post up some pictures of my new blaster. This is the Operator version of the Titan.

aha! so that's why you had so many questions about our Titans.  ;)

That's an awesome looking gun! I really dig the smooth grip with grip-tape. I like the stock pt-evo texture too, but I've had to tape up my fingers a few times during dryfire, and i recently gently sanded some of the corners, especially around the front.

Edited by motosapiens

I have big hands and the PT Evo style grip is too small in diameter to fit my hands properly. I am stuck with using the "Classic" PT grip that has the same shape and size of the STI Plastic grip. I also prefer a smooth surface grip with grip tape added because I can put the grip tape exactly where I need it and the rest is smooth so it doesn't cause hot spots when shooting or dry firing a lot. The Grip tape produces great friction as well and can be replaced whenever it needs freshened up. For me that is usually about once a year.

44 minutes ago, CHA-LEE said:

I have big hands and the PT Evo style grip is too small in diameter to fit my hands properly. I am stuck with using the "Classic" PT grip that has the same shape and size of the STI Plastic grip. I also prefer a smooth surface grip with grip tape added because I can put the grip tape exactly where I need it and the rest is smooth so it doesn't cause hot spots when shooting or dry firing a lot. The Grip tape produces great friction as well and can be replaced whenever it needs freshened up. For me that is usually about once a year.

Welcome to the family...look forward to seeing your match videos for the upcoming season.  I have the Nemesis. FYI, gun was unloaded and was checking the new trigger.

Nem.jpg

Edited by JJB05