Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas titan

sleepdoc

I have a TITAN and CARRY, recently ordered a HYPERION, sold my STI's. Have never experienced any issues as described above; the TITAN runs flawlessly and the ATLAS crew has been outstanding.

MB

Let me start with i dont have a titan and I come from a Glock background. Until last month never actually seen one. I thought they were mythical creatures and way out of my range. The way that gun felt in my hand and the way it shoots has got the fever in me. It's definitely in the works for me this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:42 PM, RAVAGE88 said:

I have a TITAN and CARRY, recently ordered a HYPERION, sold my STI's. Have never experienced any issues as described above; the TITAN runs flawlessly and the ATLAS crew has been outstanding.

MB

I'll be interested to hear how you like the Hyperion. I got a Nemesis for 3Gun a year or so ago and love it, but when the Hyperion came out I gotta say I am intrigued especially for the lighter weight, because a Nemesis in 9mm is a pig. 

What version of the Carry do you have? I've love to trade up my DVC Carry for one. 

On 2/18/2019 at 6:55 PM, motosapiens said:

Yes, 9mm limited guns are stupid unless you have a REALLY good reason for getting one, like you shoot 3-gun and are sponsored and someone else is paying for it.

You'd be best off getting a 40 and loading it for major, unless you are an 11-year old girl or have severe hand issues that prevent you from shooting grown-up bullets.  ;)

Would a REALLY good reason be that you wanted a limited 9mm that matched your limited 40 and open gun? Asking for a friend.😀

On 3/19/2019 at 12:07 PM, Moloch38 said:

I'll be interested to hear how you like the Hyperion. I got a Nemesis for 3Gun a year or so ago and love it, but when the Hyperion came out I gotta say I am intrigued especially for the lighter weight, because a Nemesis in 9mm is a pig. 

What version of the Carry do you have? I've love to trade up my DVC Carry for one. 

I have the earlier version Nyx with the smooth grip and alloy frame; it seriously shoots like my Titan. I’m contemplating having Atlas change the grip to that of the current Nyx. I ditched the DVC Carry, didn’t like it.

MB

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, Moloch38 said:

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, geraldskip said:

I really want a Hyperion. Limited Minor is a ton of fun and 3 gun is always great.

My suggestion is get a Hyperion if you are shooting 9mm. Titan if you are shooting 40.

I cannot speak highly enough of my Hyperion, and I've also let a good amount of high level shooters shoot it at this point who feel the same way.

It is about as perfect as it gets for a 9 minor limited gun. The cycling rate, return to zero, size, weight, serrations, essentially everything lend it to being the best gun on the block for limited minor and 3 gun. I've put about 1500 rounds through it in the past two weeks, its been flawless. I cant wait to develop a load for it, shot some 147 minor hand loads through it, it felt like shooting my old Nemesis with minor 40 loads, and that gun was nearly twice the weight.

I would go back and buy it again in a heart beat... I'd just order it as soon as it was released instead of waiting a few weeks.

10 hours ago, Avenida said:

how are atlas guns built? any rattles in between frame and slide? movement side to side?

Not talking barrel to slide fitment here.

These blasters are a good as it gets.. I Own a Nemesis since July of last year and it has ran like a sweing machine.. Flawless. 

Just took delivery of a chaos ran about 200 rounds down the pipe.. Once again, flawless. These guns are machines.. 

10 hours ago, NCShadow2 said:

My Atlas Nemesis is tight and solid.  The only movement is where it should be.  When I had an Akai as a demo the fit was no where near the Atlas.

That is great to hear, can you tell me more or be more specific about fitment? The reason I ask is because I do not live in the USA. Doing my research before importation

2 hours ago, Avenida said:

That is great to hear, can you tell me more or be more specific about fitment? The reason I ask is because I do not live in the USA. Doing my research before importation

I just got a Titan. It is solid as can be. No movement. The slide is so smooth. Trigger is awesome. You will not be disappointed.

On 3/25/2019 at 7:10 PM, Avenida said:

how are atlas guns built? any rattles in between frame and slide? movement side to side?

Not talking barrel to slide fitment here.

Every Atlas I have handled has had a very tight slide to frame fit with no perceptible movement side side or up down, the slides move beautifully they are very nicely fit.

3 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

Every Atlas I have handled has had a very tight slide to frame fit with no perceptible movement side side or up down, the slides move beautifully they are very nicely fit.

after about 10k rounds each, that is still true for ours.

With the release of the new "aggressive" Cheely Aluminum grips, I think they would go really well with the Hyperion. I don't like the look of the lines of the current Cheely E2 grips. The Evo's look really really good but are too heavy for my preferences.

6 hours ago, geraldskip said:

With the release of the new "aggressive" Cheely Aluminum grips, I think they would go really well with the Hyperion. I don't like the look of the lines of the current Cheely E2 grips. The Evo's look really really good but are too heavy for my preferences.

I’m seriously considering an aluminum aggressive E2 for my Marauder at the moment and agree with your observations. I have about 500 rounds through my new Titan and unfortunately it has nearly ruined my Marauder bliss..... I’m eyeballing grips, triggers, and ignition components to bring the STI up to speed, in a manner of speaking. I may be better off just putting that money towards another Atlas though.

On 3/27/2019 at 8:18 PM, Bluemooncricket said:

I’m seriously considering an aluminum aggressive E2 for my Marauder at the moment and agree with your observations. I have about 500 rounds through my new Titan and unfortunately it has nearly ruined my Marauder bliss..... I’m eyeballing grips, triggers, and ignition components to bring the STI up to speed, in a manner of speaking. I may be better off just putting that money towards another Atlas though.

I experienced the same thing, bought my TITAN and realized my STI's just weren't in the same league.  I looked for ways to make the STI's more ATLAS-like, but ultimately sold the STI's and ordered a HYPERION.  Even my ATLAS CARRY outshot the STI's by a wide margin.

MB

To be honest the 40’s don’t recoil hard with the steel grips. They track smooth and fast, and like others said you can sell it easier, but you won’t want to. Get the 40, tune up some 20 round mags and go have fun. And with an Atlas built gun, you will have fun! Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/27/2019 at 10:46 AM, MikeBurgess said:

Me and a friend had custom guns built the same time. Within a week of each other.

His was tight mine was loose. Movement up down and side to side. And not even in the front compared to the back. They vary. 

Me and a friend had custom guns built the same time. Within a week of each other.

His was tight mine was loose. Movement up down and side to side. And not even in the front compared to the back. They vary. 

That’s really odd. I’ve gotten to look at a bunch of other Atlas’ from other shooters, and the build consistency seemed exactly like both of mine. I’d write an email or 5 and see what the customer service does, as they harp on quality customer service in all their videos. You paid for top quality, you should be getting it! Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've owned a Nemesis since July of last it has ran flawless, like a sewing machine.. Fit and finish is first class.. 

Just recieved my chaos  the fit and finish are 2nd to none as well .!!