Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

But seriously though....

RJH

23 hours ago, dvc4you said:

So, regarding stages not being affected by pcc.

Short stage 12 rounds holding a briefcase with strong hand....pcc go.

Or holding on to a rope....for example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You are right about these types of positions, as per "rules" you can NOT make PCC shoot with only one hand. We used to see these type every now and again, but not any more. They were fun to shoot.

Edited by mchapman
added word.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mchapman said:

You are right about these types of positions, as per "rules" you can NOT make PCC shoot with one hand. We used to see these type every now and again, but not any more. They were fun to shoot.

You can’t require one hand PCC per WSB but situations can be created where they have to shoot one handed

19 hours ago, Sarge said:

You can’t require one hand PCC per WSB but situations can be created where they have to shoot one handed

well, they don't *have* to shoot 1 handed, but it almost always works better than holding the prop in one hand and still trying to use it to hold the gun.

14 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

well, they don't *have* to shoot 1 handed, but it almost always works better than holding the prop in one hand and still trying to use it to hold the gun.

I was thinking more of the example given. Holding onto a rope to get around a wall etc. That is certainly legal.

17 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I was thinking more of the example given. Holding onto a rope to get around a wall etc. That is certainly legal.

and in many situations, holding onto the rope or other propdoesn't make it *impossible* to have to hands on the gun.... it just makes it dumb and not as fast and accurate as having one hand on the gun.

Depending on the prop, I've used two hands to shoot.    :)

One COF required us to carry a police bullet proof shield - when I made

a quick reload in the middle of the stage, I heard some comments that

I had the mag already in my hand when the COF began (I didn't).    :) 

Most people dropped the shield to make their reloads, which cost them

a LOT of points  (time).

3 hours ago, motosapiens said:

and in many situations, holding onto the rope or other propdoesn't make it *impossible* to have to hands on the gun.... it just makes it dumb and not as fast and accurate as having one hand on the gun.

Good lord can you not just say, “oh I see what you are getting at”?

Just trying to say you can’t tell a shooter to shoot one handed but you can compel them to through the use of props etc. the post I was answering I believe the guy thought it was illegal to do that to PCC shooters

Oh, I see what you are getting at.

Sorry, my training is in mathematics. To explain.....

an engineer, a physicist and a mathematician were on a train together from Edenburgh to Inverness in scotland, when they spied a black sheep on the hillside out the window. The engineer said 'hey, look sheep in Scotland are black.'  The Physicist corrected him 'well, all we really know is THAT sheep is black.'  The mathematician thought for a moment, and said 'In Scotland, there is at least 1 sheep, at least one of whose sides is black.'

Edited by motosapiens

Overall I don't really care, I just shoot my division and that's what I concentrate on.

However, the only thing that slightly irks me is that it seems to water down the classification system. I know at least 2 D class pistol shooters who just rolled in with a PCC and magically became B class USPSA shooters.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, jschweg said:

2 D class pistol shooters shot PCC and became B class.

You still don't compete with them.     :) 

And, if you did, it will be a LOT easier for you to beat them if they're B's.

And, imagine how great your classification would be if YOU took up PCC.     :cheers:

I started shooting PCC because I had an SBR that I built way before PCC ever became a division and thought it would be fun to try in a match. 

After seeing a bunch of butthurt from open shooters complaining about PCC, I went ahead and built a competition specific rifle and even roll it around the range in my 3 gun stroller so all the open guys can look in disgust. 

United States Practical Shooting Association.......I don't see anything there that specifies pistol only. 

2 minutes ago, Matt1911 said:

I started shooting PCC because I had an SBR that I built way before PCC ever became a division and thought it would be fun to try in a match. 

After seeing a bunch of butthurt from open shooters complaining about PCC, I went ahead and built a competition specific rifle and even roll it around the range in my 3 gun stroller so all the open guys can look in disgust. 

United States Practical Shooting Association.......I don't see anything there that specifies pistol only. 

Keep us updated when you sweep somebody with you PCC on your stroller and get DQ’d. Hopefully Karma plays a roll and you sweep an Open shooter.😂😂😂

54 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

42 F Used to feel great in the Winter ….

Now, 42 F feels f..k'n COLD.     ☃️

Jack, 42 IS cold in Florida. As a lifelong Floridian, I can honestly say that 42 degrees and 20% relative humidity is pretty nice...but 42 degrees and 100% humidity is damn cold. It just seems to seep into your bones.

I'm in North Central Florida...our high today was 46 and 100% chance of rain, all day.

6 hours ago, Sarge said:

Keep us updated when you sweep somebody with you PCC on your stroller and get DQ’d. Hopefully Karma plays a roll and you sweep an Open shooter.😂😂😂

Is this actually a thing, cause if it is it ranks pretty high with the dumbest crap i have ever heard? If your gun is in a rack with a flag in how the hell are you sweeping anyone. It would be no no different than someone sticking their foot under a holstered pistol amd getting someone dqed. This is a real question and if it is a dqable offence would please let me know the rule? Thanks

1 minute ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@RJH no. Sarge is just a cranky old man.

Stay off his lawn with your 9mm carbine.

Right, i actually just double  checked the rules and found  nothing to back up his statment, looks like fake news to me. He really needs that safe space......