Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

But seriously though....

RJH

The PCC guys (I have one as well) get all hyped up when they get the HOA.  It is very easy to put "hard leans" requiring them to shoot weak hand in any stage, or do huge transitions which will slow them down, or speedshoots with mandatory reloads.  Instead, I prefer not to change the stages and kick their butts on the same stages we normally run.

I routinely beat 99% of the PCC shooters at my club with an Open gun, other than strong hand/weak hand Classifier stages.  (I think the HF should probably change dramatically on those stages).  To combat that, we don't do a lot of Uprange starts, or SH/WH stages just to save the 1.2 second advantage the PCC have on those stages.

I laugh when we have PCC only matches, and they have to shoot off-hand on a plate rack at 65 yards and start to complain about how tough it is.  Yeah, a rifle stage with 8 inch plates at 65 yards is more of a challenge than a stage with a plate rack at 25 yards.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Stony Lane said:

PCC is fun!  I shot numerous steel matches and a USPSA match.  However, as soon as possible in an area, PCC should evolve into stand alone matches.  In order to truly test the platform you need tighter shots, smaller targets and longer distances.  Maybe even some "practical" magazine limits.  

I wish they would have made PCC mag length 140mm, only so it would make me think a little more during a stage. 

10 hours ago, HCH said:

This one I could get behind. Combine L10, SS, and production, since they’re all the same division anyway. Keep open, limited, PCC, and revolver the same. And throw CO in the trash because it’s pointless. 

As one of the three L10 shooters I can tell you that my reasons for L10 vs. Limited are purely legality in CA. Heck, the "PCC" in CA stands for "Politically Correct Crap"...

When the magazine restrictions are removed nationwide, L10 is likely to get moved (slowly) into Limited, and SS will become the sole "low capacity major" division. So, apart from L10 which helps us poor saps in CA, the rest seems to be fine. 

4 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Actually, USPSA started out a 1911 .45 match.     :surprise:

And the people who started it all (Cooper, etc) were APPALLED that others

wanted to join in and shoot USPSA with a  (gasp)   9mm    (gasp).     💥

Then people wanted to run .38 Super for those extra 2 rounds in the mag.     :eatdrink:

Then some idiot stuck a compensator on the end of their barrel.     😣

Then, to add insult to injury, somebody stuck an electronic sight on their "pistol".     😩

Then, somebody got their gun to hold 30 rounds of ammo.     😡

And all those guys who spent $3,000 building The Perfect .45 had to buy a $5,000 Perfect

.38 Super.     :cheers:

NOW, we all get to buy a $3,000 PCC.     :wub:

Now everybody is happy until they allow .22 magnums to shoot USPSA, and then another

round of "Gasps: " and then we all run out and buy .22 magnum pistols and carbines.     😇

Now that's a good summary and a good way to look at the evolution.

Those who lost their marbles at the "some idiot stuck a compensator..." created their own game called IDPA. Let's see if PCC can trigger another separatist movement. :)

Edited by IVC
spelling

2 hours ago, Trent1k1 said:

other than strong hand/weak hand Classifier stages.  (I think the HF should probably change dramatically on those stages).  

It did, when they reconfigured the classifier percentages. Around August I think?

El Prez got waaay harder in PCC. PCC is a lot harder to make M in than it was last summer.

11 hours ago, HCH said:

This one I could get behind. Combine L10, SS, and production, since they’re all the same division anyway. Keep open, limited, PCC, and revolver the same. And throw CO in the trash because it’s pointless. 

Production is on decline. SS is essentially dead. Rev is undead, like walking zombies.  L10 is a freak show. On the other hand, we have a problem of political and legal pressure making it difficult  to shoot HiCap divisions in places like California, NY, and so on. (BTW that is going to be worse, it is just a matter of time).  I think USPSA should stay focused and promote our sport by increasing competitive equity without diluting the competition.   

I don't have any butthurt over PCC. I make fun of it just because rifle shooters are so easily triggered because they KNOW they are only doing it because they are too old and lazy to practice.

Sarge has some good points. It has definitely resulted in stage designs changing. As a more accurate shooter tho, that actually benefits me, so woot woot.

Honestly tho, as long as pcc shooters wear vagina hats and cry, I will make fun of them for doing so. Everyone else except limited shooters has been getting mocked for years, and we all deal with it, so stop being a bunch of pansy democrats and sack up.

6 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

I don't have any butthurt over PCC. I make fun of it just because rifle shooters are so easily triggered because they KNOW they are only doing it because they are too old and lazy to practice.

Sarge has some good points. It has definitely resulted in stage designs changing. As a more accurate shooter tho, that actually benefits me, so woot woot.

Honestly tho, as long as pcc shooters wear vagina hats and cry, I will make fun of them for doing so. Everyone else except limited shooters has been getting mocked for years, and we all deal with it, so stop being a bunch of pansy democrats and sack up.

:bow:

27 minutes ago, dvc4you said:

So, regarding stages not being affected by pcc.

Short stage 12 rounds holding a briefcase with strong hand....pcc go.

Or holding on to a rope....for example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have seen stages like that before pcc was thought of. If you are saying that we can't have stages like that now, not true. Pcc shooters just have to suck it up like everyone else. I was at a match (before pcc) and we were handcuffed to a cable. Pcc would just have to get handcuffed too.

I have seen stages like that before pcc was thought of. If you are saying that we can't have stages like that now, not true. Pcc shooters just have to suck it up like everyone else. I was at a match (before pcc) and we were handcuffed to a cable. Pcc would just have to get handcuffed too.

That is exactly what I am saying, try having those stages approved by NROI.

2 minutes ago, dvc4you said:

That is exactly what I am saying, try having those stages approved by NROI.

Really? Cause if so that blows and is the first REAL  issue that I have seen  with pcc. Or maybe that is an issue with NROI....

With the briefcase there is no reason that you can't  shoot weak shoulder and hold the case and the forearm in the strong hand. Same withthe rope but no reason to go to the weak shoulder 

PCC shooters worst nightmare. 32 round stage with all targets at 45 degrees to the ground, bottom of the target 2" off the dirt, 1 yard behind hardcover barrels, with a 5 yard wall to run up range and back down downrange between target arrays. I think that would totally negate any PCC percieved advantage in a match.

LOL.

PCC advantage over what? Another PCC?  Who cares? <- a rhetorical question since so many people seem to be so annoyed with it...  Seems like PCC is the equivalent of the MAGA hats - triggering people worse than Stoeger's 7th Nationals win.  "Triggered by PCC" ... i am going to design a T-shirt and sell it - I bet that will pay for enough ammo to make a "paper" GM this season.  I wasnt even planning on ever shooting PCC in USPSA... but now that i see all the controversy with it - i am going to try it in 2019.  

25 minutes ago, nasty618 said:

PCC advantage over what? Another PCC?  Who cares? <- a rhetorical question since so many people seem to be so annoyed with it...  Seems like PCC is the equivalent of the MAGA hats - triggering people worse than Stoeger's 7th Nationals win.  "Triggered by PCC" ... i am going to design a T-shirt and sell it - I bet that will pay for enough ammo to make a "paper" GM this season.  I wasnt even planning on ever shooting PCC in USPSA... but now that i see all the controversy with it - i am going to try it in 2019.  

That is funny right there. I think triggered by pcc shirts would be awesome,  definitely seems to be some resemblance to the people triggered by the maga hats

55 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I own a MAGA hat and Still dislike PCC 

Yeah but with all those pent up emotions you and others  are having concerning pcc i will lobby for "safe spaces" for  y'all to go to when you  are feeling threatened or triggered by the bad men with pccs 😂😂😂