Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I have no clue why they give you that adapter when it installs just fine without it. That adapter came with the comp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

And here we go...

Updated Comp install process

This method is a cleaner install ... Just be cautioned, aluminum comp threads can wear with constant removal/install for cleaning. The adapter is steel and won't show the same wear if removed as a whole w the comp installed

On 1/25/2019 at 8:30 PM, IntenseImage said:

Unfortunately this takes an M24x1 threaded brake so won't work with the ones out there for the Vepr

Request for clarafication...

The V6 brake is M24X1 or the threads of the VR80?

Advanced Tactical has been sold out of their "Long Compensator" for a couple of weeks now so I am exploring other brake options... The SLEDGEHAMMER uses a M22X.75

How are the modified 9rd mags holding up? 

All mags have been solid

Request for clarafication...

The V6 brake is M24X1 or the threads of the VR80?

Advanced Tactical has been sold out of their "Long Compensator" for a couple of weeks now so I am exploring other brake options... The SLEDGEHAMMER uses a M22X.75

The V6 is 22x.75 like all the other Vepr brakes. The VR80 is 24x1

Does anyone have any “inside” knowledge On ship dates? When i contacted them they said they couldn’t tell me anything at all and all the distributors said they don’t have any and have NO CLUE when they will get them. Said could be a month or could be several months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any “inside” knowledge On ship dates? When i contacted them they said they couldn’t tell me anything at all and all the distributors said they don’t have any and have NO CLUE when they will get them. Said could be a month or could be several months.

From one of RIAs managers / chief gunsmiths ... Potentially next week I would guess based on his comment

dc68339d559f67e192fbf4f23565733f.jpg

12 hours ago, mattmann said:

One thing that makes importing anything kind  hard to pin point a date something to get in the U.S. distribution pipeline is customs. Stuff has been known to sit in customs especially if in shipping containers for a week or two.

How does the piston setup look, doesn’t it have many parts.  I have looked at the system on the 1919 kinda looks like a mossberg 930 and a Remington 1100 had a baby seems to be the weak point of those guns.   Was wondering what the VR 80 looked like it looks like it is all contained on the barrel.  Can somebody post a pic with the hand guard off if possible.  From the videos and posts looks like these guns can run some lighter ammo compared to the 1919’s 

How does the piston setup look, doesn’t it have many parts.  I have looked at the system on the 1919 kinda looks like a mossberg 930 and a Remington 1100 had a baby seems to be the weak point of those guns.   Was wondering what the VR 80 looked like it looks like it is all contained on the barrel.  Can somebody post a pic with the hand guard off if possible.  From the videos and posts looks like these guns can run some lighter ammo compared to the 1919’s 

So if you pull the handguard you have a 2 piece gas block (cylinder and it's cap). Unthread the cap, slide it off the barrel and you can press the cylinder/piston/pusher down to expose the locking rings (just 2 piece universal fit that prevent the whole thing from sliding off). Remove the rings and the cylinder and piston slide off. The piston is just pretty much any other gas gun piston I've seen (minus any gas rings they may have). Then it's just the pusher assembly left.

If you go on YouTube there are Derya Mk12 disassembly videos that show it very welll

Edit..

The 1919 has it's setup under the barrel and uses carriers and whatnot and I've seen issues w them cracking. VR80 eliminates that

Mine runs 1145s all day long

Petty cool design,  parts look well machined.  Been getting the open bug this might have to be considered as an option.  Hope somebody comes up with a drum or 28 roundish big mag for those big shotgun only stages. 
Biggest we have is 19 stick or you can mod an MKA 20rd drum but the cost is crazy vs the 19rd stick for 1 extra round. Hopefully someone comes out w a 25rd drum.

I've heard the Tooth and Nail mags will run, and they have a 28rd option

Gallery of Guns got a shipment today so keep refreshing their site!

Ordered mine last week

usps says it should have been here yesterday but i think it will be monday

looking forward to advanced getting the comps back in stock and the 20 rd mags

did we ever figure out if the tooth and nail 29 rd mags will fit?

will update 

Edited by AverageJoeShooting

Ordered mine last week

usps says it should have been here yesterday but i think it will be monday

looking forward to advanced getting the comps back in stock and the 20 rd mags

did we ever figure out if the tooth and nail 29 rd mags will fit?

will update 

Advanced got in, but hasn't posted yet they "short" comp so keep an eye out for that. It's similar in design, you just loose a section of porting. Not sure how it compares in performance to the long.

Also talk to Mark at Immortal Arms as he is a dealer now that will be stocking mags - I know he has some in stock now, just not sure the sizes

And nobody that I know of have spent the $ on the big Tooth mag to see if it works

1 minute ago, IntenseImage said:

Advanced got in, but hasn't posted yet they "short" comp so keep an eye out for that. It's similar in design, you just loose a section of porting. Not sure how it compares in performance to the long.

Also talk to Mark at Immortal Arms as he is a dealer now that will be stocking mags - I know he has some in stock now, just not sure the sizes

wait so you have the long comp on yours?

i wasnt aware there is a short and long comp

do you know if those 30 rd tooth and nail mags work?

wait so you have the long comp on yours?
i wasnt aware there is a short and long comp

do you know if those 30 rd tooth and nail mags work?

Yes I have the long as that came out first

No don't know if the mags work. Haven't taken the risk on that kinda $ to test it yet
66800bc350ee784fa4b905ca05dcd4df.jpg

1 minute ago, IntenseImage said:

Yes I have the long as that came out first

No don't know if the mags work. Haven't taken the risk on that kinda $ to test it yet
66800bc350ee784fa4b905ca05dcd4df.jpg

ohh i think i will probably want the long comp

do you know if anyone has restocked on the long comps yet?

Edited by AverageJoeShooting