Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

the safety spring that is held down by the retention plates in ARS is located under the buffer tube and plate
so in an AR if you unscrew the buffer tube be ready for a tiny spring to come jumping out at you from under the retention plate
Ok yeah, wasn't sure what springs you meant

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a standard AR rifle length tube for a fixed stock threaded on to the lower and has had no issues with using a standard rifle length buffer spring? 

Sorry, not trying to overly complicate the process but just want to be absolutely sure. I have a Luth MBA3 in my cart right now but I would strongly prefer the fixed MBA1. I had been told previously that a rifle length tube wouldn't work on this application. 

Edited by KyleJ

So a standard AR rifle length tube for a fixed stock threaded on to the lower and has had no issues with using a standard rifle length buffer spring? 

Sorry, not trying to overly complicate the process but just want to be absolutely sure. I have a Luth MBA3 in my cart right now but I would strongly prefer the fixed MBA1. I had been told previously that a rifle length tube wouldn't work on this application. 
The tube isn't the problem. If the stock needs that divot in the lower to lock into to prevent rotation, then you may have a problem as the divot in the VR80 lower isn't like an AR. I'll get pics in a few for ya

2 hours ago, KyleJ said:

I bought a rifle length buffer spring, tube and buffer off brownells and it fit perfectly 

It looks like some careful modification to that sling mount may help. I will play with it when it comes in and see if I can't get it lined up. Thanks for the answers and pictures guys! 

7 hours ago, busdriver said:

Terrible, 9lbs.  I bent the legs on the trigger return spring and very lightly polished the sear face of the trigger...... pull dropped to 6lbs. I’ll replace it as soon as something better is available.

Stock trigger is garbage. I noticed on mine if I break the shot and then continue to add pressure it moves the safety.... it's getting replaced soon too but I have other more important upgrades like a compensator to add first. As far as I'm concerned it's an open shotgun, which means the trigger doesnt matter too terribly. It's not an ar where you want the trigger smooth. I mean this thing was literally created to lob 12 gauge rounds of destruction downrange, I can accept that the trigger is a little sloppy. 

18 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

The tube isn't the problem. If the stock needs that divot in the lower to lock into to prevent rotation, then you may have a problem as the divot in the VR80 lower isn't like an AR. I'll get pics in a few for ya

is there anywhere else that sells the extended mags or compensators for the vr80

advanced is out and no sign of a restock anytime soon

hard to imagine only one distributor could exist

is there anywhere else that sells the extended mags or compensators for the vr80
advanced is out and no sign of a restock anytime soon

hard to imagine only one distributor could exist
Aside from Advanced, Immortal Arms is/will be carrying stuff. Not sure what he might have in stock right now - prob just 9rd mags

Ayyyyyeeee welcome to the club!

Thanks. Can’t wait for my new stock to get here. The factory is so terrible. Also for all the parts to be back in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took mine to the range today and shot 300 rds of 1300 fps ammo. Works flawlessly! 

Now just need to clean it...got any tips on breaking it down?
Go watch the video Derya posted on YouTube for disassembly/reassembly. Wipe out all old lube, give a light coat to the bolt/carrier, a drop down the rails/slots the carrier rides in within the upper. The gas system is run dry

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

Go watch the video Derya posted on YouTube for disassembly/reassembly. Wipe out all old lube, give a light coat to the bolt/carrier, a drop down the rails/slots the carrier rides in within the upper. The gas system is run dry

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Do you have a link to this video? I'm having issues finding it