Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Woody3025 said:

Saw a video of a fellow shooter running his today for the first time at Carolina 3 gun. He said it ran great and shoots slugs like a laser. 

I almost went to that match today but instead opted to do a 2 gun match with friends because my VR isnt quite ready, still waiting on my 29 rd mags and a few 19 rd mags

Edited by AverageJoeShooting

I will say of all the things I've done to this gun replacing the retention plate to install this racket has been the biggest pain in the ass

I just found your YouTube channel ... Watched the video of you installing that racker on the m&p ... I think you missed a step that caused you to have problems getting that plate off! When you look into that little bit of striker channel from under the slide you can see a little bit of that white plastic from the assembly. Grab a small Allen key and press that down towards the muzzle of the gun. That unlocks the back plate

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

I just found your YouTube channel ... Watched the video of you installing that racker on the m&p ... I think you missed a step that caused you to have problems getting that plate off! When you look into that little bit of striker channel from under the slide you can see a little bit of that white plastic from the assembly. Grab a small Allen key and press that down towards the muzzle of the gun. That unlocks the back plate

Wow..had I known that In the beginning maybe it would have been easier on me!

Wow..had I known that In the beginning maybe it would have been easier on me!

Was I getting that right from your video, that you simply lifted the striker itself up towards the cap while trying to pull it off?

Just now, IntenseImage said:

Was I getting the right from your video, that you simply lifted the striker itself up towards the cap while trying to pull it off?

....that's a shameful yes. 

I actually used two pairs of pliers. One to clamp the striker and hold it and the other to pry the plate off!

Redneck engineering. Although the slide racker works perfectly now so I guess no harm 

....that's a shameful yes. 

I actually used two pairs of pliers. One to clamp the striker and hold it and the other to pry the plate off!

Redneck engineering. Although the slide racker works perfectly now so I guess no harm 
At least future maintenance will be easier [emoji23]

Looks like there might be an opportunity to tune this buffer system with different weight springs and such.  Maybe even the possibility of a JP silent captured spring.  That would be pretty cool.  

Looks like there might be an opportunity to tune this buffer system with different weight springs and such.  Maybe even the possibility of a JP silent captured spring.  That would be pretty cool.  
I'm wondering if we can short stroke it and maybe even add in a wave spring like a blowback pcc

2 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

End plate retains spring and detent for rear takedown pin emoji6.png

I should pull mine and check factory buffer length vs a carbine length buffer. Looks shorter.

there is no rear spring or detent that holds the rear takedown pin

there is a detent but no spring at all

there is no rear spring or detent that holds the rear takedown pin
there is a detent but no spring at all

Lol no in your video you say in an AR that spring/detent is for the safety ... It's for the takedown pin

From the videos I have seen so far doesn’t look like the gun needs much to compete at a high level maybe tweaking the buffer system Just a little to make those light loads run reliable in any condition.  I was always impressed with those tricked out Saiga 12’s of how flat shooting they are compared to previous AR style 12 gauges that had to run the hot stuff to get the reliability.  

10 minutes ago, Woody3025 said:

From the videos I have seen so far doesn’t look like the gun needs much to compete at a high level maybe tweaking the buffer system Just a little to make those light loads run reliable in any condition.  I was always impressed with those tricked out Saiga 12’s of how flat shooting they are compared to previous AR style 12 gauges that had to run the hot stuff to get the reliability.  

Just put the compensator on it and you shouldnt need to tune the buffer