RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, IntenseImage said:

For anyone looking ...

https://palmettostatearmory.com/armscor-vr80-tactical-12-gauge-shotgun-vr80.html

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Also mark over at immortal was saying armscor is doing a huge order of all the accessories so hopefully the compensators,  and flared magwells will be back in stock soon

3 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

Just put the compensator on it and you shouldnt need to tune the buffer

It may be just that simple. Which is great  but what competive shooter doesn’t like to tinker.  👍

Man jump on that. It's going to be out of stock soon

Well once again you guys just cost me more money [emoji30]
I’m so glad I didn’t spend the $750 on gunbroker last week on one. I would have been mad. So between this and the SIG X5 I bought for $670 last week, I’m now out more money then I want to think of lol. But, now instead of sending my vepr to Dissident, and spending $2,000 on top of the $1,000 I’ve got in it, I’ve got something way more reliable and cheaper. I’m happy! Thanks for the heads up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well once again you guys just cost me more money [emoji30]
I’m so glad I didn’t spend the $750 on gunbroker last week on one. I would have been mad. So between this and the SIG X5 I bought for $670 last week, I’m now out more money then I want to think of lol. But, now instead of sending my vepr to Dissident, and spending $2,000 on top of the $1,000 I’ve got in it, I’ve got something way more reliable and cheaper. I’m happy! Thanks for the heads up!!

I got you ... Now go spend a small fortune on the SSI tungsten X5 grip and insert [emoji23]

And reach out to Mark at Immortal Arms for accessories (when they all come back in stock). I believe he still has 9 (convert to 10) Rd mags in stock

51 minutes ago, mattmann said:

Well once again you guys just cost me more money emoji30.png

i meannnnn i bought the VR80 and then the next week bought an sti........sooooo i know about money losses

50 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

I got you ... Now go spend a small fortune on the SSI tungsten X5 grip and insert emoji23.png

And reach out to Mark at Immortal Arms for accessories (when they all come back in stock). I believe he still has 9 (convert to 10) Rd mags in stock

if they ever come back in stock lol

i meannnnn i bought the VR80 and then the next week bought an sti........sooooo i know about money losses

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I know man. I was honestly too embarrassed to mention the $1200 I spent on a primary machine cz p10c I just bought two weeks ago as a new carry gun. I’m done though. I promised the wife. For now. Will any AR stock work on these??

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I know man. I was honestly too embarrassed to mention the $1200 I spent on a primary machine cz p10c I just bought two weeks ago as a new carry gun. I’m done though. I promised the wife. For now. Will any AR stock work on these??

Commercial spec but yes

Cool. Same for the pistol grip? Whatever Ar style you like?

Yes, note that anything w a beavertail may leave a gap like they tend to do on AR10s. With that said, both a friend and I noticed that with a non beavertail grip (Magpul K) our finger rubber under the trigger guard. Switch to a tailed grip (Magpul K2) and it repositioned the hand enough to prevent that. FWIW I'm running an Ergo right now and think it's perfect for this gun

8 hours ago, mattmann said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Yea any stock should work 

I put a magpul prs on mine and I know intenselimage has a different one on his

1 hour ago, mattmann said:

Cool. Same for the pistol grip? Whatever Ar style you like?

Yea any grip I have a magpul miad on mine, but as intensel said if it has a beavertail it will leave a tiny gap. I dont care about gaps, because I prefer function over beauty, but I guess some people might care about how their guns look or some such nonsense 

Yes, note that anything w a beavertail may leave a gap like they tend to do on AR10s. With that said, both a friend and I noticed that with a non beavertail grip (Magpul K) our finger rubber under the trigger guard. Switch to a tailed grip (Magpul K2) and it repositioned the hand enough to prevent that. FWIW I'm running an Ergo right now and think it's perfect for this gun 

Awesome. I’ll be picking up a ergo then. I really like this grip anyways. What type of brake is everyone running? I understand they are not in stock but is there a particular type I need to watch for?

2 minutes ago, mattmann said:

Awesome. I’ll be picking up a ergo then. I really like this grip anyways. What type of brake is everyone running? I understand they are not in stock but is there a particular type I need to watch for?

RIA makes a long comp for the vr80. It's been put of stock since it came out though and no sign of any distributors restocking so it might be a long wait

16 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Magpul ergo grip?

Rock Island offers two types that thread on using the external threads to retain choke use ... A long and a short. Difference being the short looses a top port and set of side ports. I haven't tested this side by side but could only guess the long will be more efficient. I run the long since that is what came out first. There are other custom options out there plus some clamp on ones too - but I haven't tested any of those yet either. I do plan to try at least 2 of the clamp on ones (Armanov and Typhoon Defense Classic)

6 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Rock Island offers two types that thread on using the external threads to retain choke use ... A long and a short. Difference being the short looses a top port and set of side ports. I haven't tested this side by side but could only guess the long will be more efficient. I run the long since that is what came out first. There are other custom options out there plus some clamp on ones too - but I haven't tested any of those yet either. I do plan to try at least 2 of the clamp on ones (Armanov and Typhoon Defense Classic)

Do you know the pitch of the threads on the barrel? Like in an ar15 as long as is 1/2×28 any comp can just screw on.  Perhaps the RIA has the same type of thing going on?