Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/25/2019 at 7:30 PM, IntenseImage said:

Unfortunately this takes an M24x1 threaded brake so won't work with the ones out there for the Vepr

Can you measure the OD of the barrel? I wonder if this could be chopped and then threaded to fit the Vepr/Saiga threads.

Can you measure the OD of the barrel? I wonder if this could be chopped and then threaded to fit the Vepr/Saiga threads.
You probably could and then also rethread for chokes but that seems like more work than reward. Parts will come soon enough. Derya already makes a comp for this it just needs to get here - along w the magwell

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 1/24/2019 at 4:20 PM, IntenseImage said:

So here is something that hasnt really been shown yet ... The additional nut that comes with the VR80 that allows you to run without the barrel sleeve. Thank you Shawn for getting that to me so quickly!

This now allows for a brake to be installed on the threaded barrel.

Also got in some "mag hooks" to hang mags off my belt instead of buying caddies.

Still waiting for my 19rd mags to show up from Advanced Tactical ... I think the FedEx plane got lost1752fb51c08ec637fc1ae01967fd81dc.jpgd7eda347cef6c094f3ca0fc729464216.jpg6d69d61eb03938d2734396366edf90bb.jpg7fdf0ecc054a7795cf9bc5e30d610ca8.jpg

Where did you get that barrel nut?

Thanks email is sent.  Have you found anything on mag wells? And comps?

RIA has magwells "coming" ... So I guess that means just waiting on import since I know Derya has them for the Mk12. They have a brake too so perhaps that's coming too, I don't know.

There is a member here that is looking at making some parts as well.

And these showed up today ... Switching stocks too. Going to a CTR with cheek riser as the top rail is slightly higher than an AR and I need to lift my cheek a bit for perfect sight picture. Might as well make it right, now.

807f14a33582059471e0b5444a1594d0.jpg

10 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

RIA has magwells "coming" ... So I guess that means just waiting on import since I know Derya has them for the Mk12. They have a brake too so perhaps that's coming too, I don't know.

this is good news.. 

17 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

Who's the member? The MK12 looks like the same gun.  What are the chances that Maxwell will fit?  I might just try it

Who's the member? The MK12 looks like the same gun.  What are the chances that Maxwell will fit?  I might just try it
I'll let them chime in. Yes the Mk12 should be the same, I just can't find the magwell available for it. You have a source?

Also was told 2 companies confirmed at SHOT they will be making triggers for this

22 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

I'll let them chime in. Yes the Mk12 should be the same, I just can't find the magwell available for it. You have a source?

Also was told 2 companies confirmed at SHOT they will be making triggers for this

Looking but cant find anything.  Getting the upgrade bug.. want want want 

Looking but cant find anything.  Getting the upgrade bug.. want want want 

If you want to try something, www.typhoondefense.com has the F12 magwell. The guns are very very similar (it's more like a VR60/MKA1919 in VR80/Mk12 body), so you might be able to get it to work