Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to chime in on how much I"ve enjoyed reading this thread, It has been very informative.

Let me start out by saying I don't own a VR80...…...We don't have them here in Canada.

We have basically the same gun called the Derya MK12.

Bought one about a year ago and have fell in love with it after a few mods, tooth & nail trigger, magwell and a holosun (after my eotech 512 basically self destructed from recoil.)

The ones sold here didn't have Ambi safeties, bolt releases, or the ability to put comps on.

The shrouds have threads in a diff spot than the VR80 ,and didn't have the option to run it with no shroud as it didn't have threads near the fore end for the small nut.

Replacement parts/accessories are near impossible to get here.

I bought a CSS comp with the hopes to get it machined to go on the end of the shroud, but couldn't find someone who wanted to do the machining task, so when the new MK12 IPSC Match model came available, I decided to grab it and will sell my original one.

This new model seems to be exact as your VR80's and have a Taccom Comp on the way and am in the process of transferring the Tooth&nail trigger and replacing/repainting all the orange parts.

Took it to the range today to break it in and after 100 rnds it was running perfect.

Keep in mind that all semi auto longguns here have a 5rnd mag limit, over that its a prohibited item.

The way around that is to use a 10 rnd mag for a Pump shotgun AS46(pump action has no mag limits) and add a basepad extension to 12 rnds.

Soooo NO Bigstick 28 or 19rnd mags for us!......I wish. lol

derya1.jpg

derya2.jpg

derya3.jpg

derya4.jpg

A lot of the guys who run a versamax, which legally can only hold 5 rnds of the size it was manufactured it for.

So guys use a versamax sportsman 3 1/2" chamber, plugged to hold 5.9 rnds(6 is illegal here in a semi)and but then it will hold 7 rnds of 2-3/4" plus one in the chamber and a ghost load for a total of 9 to start a stage. You can go crazy trying to figure out all the laws here, it sucks . But you find the best workaround you can.

Same with our AR's, 5 rnd max, and handguns are a 10 rnd max, so guys will use specific 10rnd marked ar15 pistol 10rnd mags and can still be legal.https://www.gotenda.com/shop/accessories/magazines/lar-15-2235-56-10-round-pistol-magazine/

all of our stages are a max 32 rnd total between a 3 guns.

I would love to come to the states and compete with a 30 rnd ar mag, 32 rnd sti mag, and a 28rng vr80 mag, that would be a treat!

On 8/4/2019 at 1:14 PM, Brasspicker said:

Looks familiar,...….What is it and where do I get one?

It’s actually a silicone pot handle cover. Bought it on amazon for a couple bucks. Works great for the heat, but it is a killer to stretch on!

Anyone making trigger springs that work? I tried the jp springs which lightened the trigger but would not reset the trigger. Played and played with it but couldn’t get it to work right. Don’t like the price of the tooth and nail trigger. Any other options?

2 hours ago, WWG1WGA said:

Anyone making trigger springs that work? I tried the jp springs which lightened the trigger but would not reset the trigger. Played and played with it but couldn’t get it to work right. Don’t like the price of the tooth and nail trigger. Any other options?

The tooth and nail trigger uses the jp springs, implying the problem is in the hammer sear disconnect interfaces in the factory unit. The geometry is just bad I looked at it closely. You could wait for someone else to come out with a more expensive drop in trigger?

6 hours ago, inertia said:

The tooth and nail trigger uses the jp springs, implying the problem is in the hammer sear disconnect interfaces in the factory unit. The geometry is just bad I looked at it closely. You could wait for someone else to come out with a more expensive drop in trigger?

Supposedly elfman is developing one

The Std JP trigger works just fine.....about $90 or so.......I used the factory hammer, disconnect and springs. Went with a longer set screw up front.

Edited by TRUBL

2 minutes ago, toothandnail said:

The factory geometry is not going to give a decent pull weight, reset, or over travel.
Changing springs/trigger will only do so much

yeah,  I only got a sub 4 pound trigger with very good reset and over travel with the factory springs. probably would get less if I re-work the springs some, but I'm all about crisp trigger over light for shotgun....YMMV. But the JP trigger will work fine for this application.

Well.....Mine stock was 9-1/2 lbs out of the box, and after 150 round break in, I could barely pull the trigger anymore cuz my finger was so sore, lol

I mirror polished up the contact points on the T&N and It gave me a nice 3-1/2lb pull with a crisp break.

Mine cost me $210 Canadian from a shooter here in Canada who bought 2 , Hard to get due to supply and demand and T&H don't ship to us. 😞

Heck I paid $300 for my AR drop in trigger, Its just the price you pay to shave milliseconds off your split times, lol.

19 minutes ago, Brasspicker said:

Well.....Mine stock was 9-1/2 lbs out of the box, and after 150 round break in, I could barely pull the trigger anymore cuz my finger was so sore, lol

I mirror polished up the contact points on the T&N and It gave me a nice 3-1/2lb pull with a crisp break.

Mine cost me $210 Canadian from a shooter here in Canada who bought 2 , Hard to get due to supply and demand and T&H don't ship to us. 😞

Heck I paid $300 for my AR drop in trigger, Its just the price you pay to shave milliseconds off your split times, lol.

I can understand a 300$ ar trigger....cries in Calvin elite trigger

I can understand a 300$ ar trigger....cries in Calvin elite trigger

Is this not an AR platform shotgun?
It’s 1/3 of your 3 gun kit , if you wouldn’t skimp on your AR , why would you on your shottie ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Brasspicker said:

What was the trigger at before you polished it? Curious how many of the regulars here would buy if there was a group discount? 

9 hours ago, Brasspicker said:

Is this not an AR platform shotgun?
It’s 1/3 of your 3 gun kit , if you wouldn’t skimp on your AR , why would you on your shottie ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i feel like with the ar you need a clean trigger for fast follow up shots/controlled pairs

with shotgun you are either shooting steel and its falling over or paper with a slug once....dont exactly need a clean polished trigger for that