Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

3 hours ago, WWG1WGA said:

It comes out the opposite way from the one with the c clip

Just knocked out with a punch? I don’t think I’ve ever had a pin so tight! I was afraid I was going to break something and it wouldn’t budge. 

I’ll give it another try. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Bonesinium said:

Just knocked out with a punch? I don’t think I’ve ever had a pin so tight! I was afraid I was going to break something and it wouldn’t budge. 

I’ll give it another try. 

I bent a brass punch knocking it out (opposite direction from pin with "c" clip). It is splined and pressed into the receiver. You need a lot of persuasion to get it out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 3:25 AM, TRUBL said:

The Std JP trigger works just fine.....about $90 or so.......I used the factory hammer, disconnect and springs. Went with a longer set screw up front.

So the factory disconnector fit the JP trigger unmodified? I checked with a couple of brands of AR triggers and it wouldn’t. The VR80 disconnector is considerably thicker and won’t fit the slot. 

11 hours ago, Norther said:

So the factory disconnector fit the JP trigger unmodified? I checked with a couple of brands of AR triggers and it wouldn’t. The VR80 disconnector is considerably thicker and won’t fit the slot. 

Mine fit just fine.

Tim

25 minutes ago, busdriver said:

It has to be better than the factory trigger.

It sure couldn’t be worse! My Lyman trigger scale only goes to 12 pounds and it’s heavier than that!

Trying to decide the best route to fix it, finances considered.

Hi guys, new to the forum...but I have read this thread in its entirety a couple times now. Been itching for a box fed semi-Auto for a long time, been eyeing the vr80 since it came out, and seems to be the only one out there a hobbyist like me could buy and have fun with right out of the box and not spend a couple grand making it reliable. Took me about 200rds before it would take anything I fed it (still didn’t like feeding the jelly hulls of Sellier & Bellot 00 Buck, but I expected that).

Anyway, had this thing for about 10 days now, put 675 rounds through it in OEM dressing. Got my Hogue overmolded and adaptive tactical stock on last night. Really thought Ergo deluxe tactical grips would be the ticket for a little more robust grip on a 12ga, but they felt like I was holding an apple (I’m 6’4” with large hands, so I wasn't impressed), they found their way in to my kids toy box. Have several 9 rounders and a TnN drum that should be here by tomorrow. I don’t shoot competitively, so no need for the extended mags, and they look a bit awkward to me anyway. Overall I don’t expect this gun to be perfect at anything, but want it to function at everything pretty well and be a good jack of all trades gun. If I want to hunt with it, I will...if I want it as quasi home defense, it will be...if I want to try shooting clays with it, I will...etc etc.

Have a long old style muzzle brake coming from Advanced Tactical (site apparently updated the sale mid purchase today, went from $71 to $99). Really liked the fluted barrel shroud/brake look...because I’m fancy like that. Once the buffer/spring combo is available again at Taccom, I’ll be snagging one of those and a charger handle.

Optics, I have a 510c on the way, but really want to try an EasyHit PX-S2000 for simplicity, but looks like I can only order from the UK...so if anyone has a hook up, let me know.

I’d post a pic but the files are too big and I haven’t hosted them anywhere yet. But to give you an idea, it looks exactly like a VR80 just with Hogue Overmolded grips and an Adaptive Tactical EX stock.

Edited by UTfball68

FYI- I decided to go with the taccom brake after someone did some testing and the AT brakes seemed to mess up the shot pattern.   You might look into that if your going to hunt with it.   

Missing targets and clays are one thing, but missing birds would be miserable.  

12 minutes ago, SQUIDload said:

FYI- I decided to go with the taccom brake after someone did some testing and the AT brakes seemed to mess up the shot pattern.   You might look into that if your going to hunt with it.   

Missing targets and clays are one thing, but missing birds would be miserable.  

Appreciate that...I was mulling that over too. I did see Tim (I don't know him, just saw him referenced a lot) call the RIA comp a 3/4lb cheeseburger...which is actually ok with me, recoil reduction is recoil reduction. However, I also saw there were comments/pics of pattern spread/deflection which did concern me. If I end up not liking the RIA when I get it on there, figured it would be no biggie to add a taccom to the cart when I snag the buffer recoil system.

Edited by UTfball68

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:16 AM, reballz said:

34c53ffff7c2a8b7eeece7ec4d6f8bfd.jpg

Now I just need to do some cutting to make the comp fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love the thread and all the info.

question, will the AT handguard accept Mlok attachments?

the factory handguard seems to be really close the gas block system/barrel.

I tried putting a foregrip on mine and the bolts actually touched the gas block slide, or should I just cut the threads down?

thanks.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:53 AM, Brasspicker said:

I just checked my new Ipsc match model I bought with a trigger gauge, It is 10lb-6oz !

and the red one with the  T&N trigger averaged 3lb-10oz.

Gonna get it swapped over this weekend after I finish Ceramic coating all the orange parts to black.

Love the gun, hate the orange trim. lol

derya1.jpg

wish the US factory handguard came with a bottom rail to add a foregrip.

can we get those handgaurds in the states?

looks good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 10:58 AM, IntenseImage said:

The only option will be the new 45* one coming from Taccom (note it will only be the internal barrel portion for sale, not the levers). It should be out around Black Friday and I believe will work with the factory levers as well as his extended ones.

Where did you hear about this? It's past Black Friday and there's nothing out. I've been asking manufacturers if they intend to make one of these.

On 12/19/2019 at 4:08 AM, Underwood said:

Anybody on here try out the Elfman trigger or have one on order? 

I'll be at Shot Show next and this is a booth I plan on stopping at to check out how this trigger feels. Maybe I can get video.

Edited by telligentgunner

Where did you hear about this? It's past Black Friday and there's nothing out. I've been asking manufacturers if they intend to make one of these.
He rejected the first batch and the new batch is out for coating

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

He rejected the first batch and the new batch is out for coating

Cool. I asked him if he'd consider making a Magpul type "BAD lever" device for the VR-80 and he flatty said no. Taylor Freelance said they'd consider it after Shot Show. If I can get one of those and the 45 degree safety lever, I'll have the same setup as my AR.

4 hours ago, telligentgunner said:

Cool. I asked him if he'd consider making a Magpul type "BAD lever" device for the VR-80 and he flatty said no. Taylor Freelance said they'd consider it after Shot Show. If I can get one of those and the 45 degree safety lever, I'll have the same setup as my AR.

I don't see a 'BAD' lever as working very well for anything other than locking the bolt back for "Unload and Show Clear".  There is so much spring pressure on the bolt latch the lever would need to be 2 foot long to have enough leverage to use it to drop the bolt on a loaded magazine.

The short throw safety barrel is out at plating right now, will be back in house by Friday or Monday, so we will have them up on the TACCOM website for sale today sometime and ship this next week

13 hours ago, Ming the Merciless said:

I don't see a 'BAD' lever as working very well for anything other than locking the bolt back for "Unload and Show Clear".  There is so much spring pressure on the bolt latch the lever would need to be 2 foot long to have enough leverage to use it to drop the bolt on a loaded magazine.

You’re entitled to your opinion. There’s a company that makes a similar shotgun and they make one that works well, so I want one. And yes, it’s very much needed to lock the bolt back to show clear. 

Question for you guys.   I have a thousand or more rounds through my VR now but I have a reoccurring issue coming up and hoping someone can help.   I put a Magpul MOE SL stock on it and under recoil the stock will collapse to its shortest position. Not very fun when your face gets that close to the upper of a 12 guage!  Are these notorious for collapsing like this or what?  I know this is the model without the locking lever and maybe I messed up getting this over the locking one.   Anyone know of a fix for this...or do I need a different stock.   Thanks

Question for you guys.   I have a thousand or more rounds through my VR now but I have a reoccurring issue coming up and hoping someone can help.   I put a Magpul MOE SL stock on it and under recoil the stock will collapse to its shortest position. Not very fun when your face gets that close to the upper of a 12 guage!  Are these notorious for collapsing like this or what?  I know this is the model without the locking lever and maybe I messed up getting this over the locking one.   Anyone know of a fix for this...or do I need a different stock.   Thanks
Contact Magpul

10 hours ago, VU2AKILL said:

Where is the buffer tube from? There are a bunch of  cheap Chinese tubes that will do that.

My bet is it's the tube not the stock.