Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bare and taccom are almost the same? How can that be?

Because the Taccom doesn't monkey f*#k the pattern like the RIA does - probably either due to bore diameter or how the escaping gasses flow. It (RIA) works great for maximum recoil/lift control but the pattern suffers greatly. The Taccom gives SLIGHTLY more lift and felt recoil (negligible IMHO) but keeps the pattern. It's the right choice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Because the Taccom doesn't monkey f*#k the pattern like the RIA does - probably either due to bore diameter or how the escaping gasses flow. It (RIA) works great for maximum recoil/lift control but the pattern suffers greatly. The Taccom gives SLIGHTLY more lift and felt recoil (negligible IMHO) but keeps the pattern. It's the right choice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ive never had need for a pattern that tight

for me and the shotgun stages I run max recoil reduction is the better option. 

I guess it depends on your specific shotgun stages 

The search on my phone found nothing but an improved search on my work computer found the answer in this forum.  Thanks

Question for you guys.   Hopefully you can save me from reading through all the pages since my search didn't find anything.   I have a standard rifle length Rock River fixed stock that I like the cheek weld on.   Wanted to try it on the VR but I am not sure the rifle length 223 rated spring will be compatible with 12 gauge recoil.  Anyone have any idea if this will work?

Edited by VU2AKILL
Found answer

I still submit that the only reason why the RIA long brake seems to be softer and less rise is due to the fact that you are hanging the equivalent of 3 McDonald's quarter pounders on the end of your barrel....that beast weighs in at 3/4 pound. I understand that you put a 19 round mag in or 20 round drum in and you say that negates the extra weight......but you are still hanging 3/4 pound in an area that you should NOT be hanging 3/4 pound. Even taking the RIA short brake and modifying it is a better solution than the 'pig' brake.

Edited by TRUBL

1 hour ago, TRUBL said:

I still submit that the only reason why the RIA long brake seems to be softer and less rise is due to the fact that you are hanging the equivalent of 3 McDonald's quarter pounders on the end of your barrel....that beast weighs in at 3/4 pound. I understand that you put a 19 round mag in or 20 round drum in and you say that negates the extra weight......but you are still hanging 3/4 pound in an area that you should NOT be hanging 3/4 pound. Even taking the RIA short brake and modifying it is a better solution than the 'pig' brake.

Pig breaks work. Look at the sjc titan. Gigantic but works. Look at any if the mid barrel breaks for dissident arms. 

I dont mind hanging a 15 lb slab of metal off my barrel if it means not feeling any recoil.

That being said, for being more lightweight, the taccom solution did an ok job of breaking the recoil. 

Normally for comps that are both lightweight and small in size you would not expect it to break the recoil as much as it did 

5 hours ago, Bigsampson said:

Tooth and nail will have a mid barrel available shortly. 

A mid barrel comp works best for shotgun. By the time the gas makes it to the muzzle, not as much there, as mid-barrel 

27 minutes ago, Underwood said:

Ported barrel and small comp works well too

Exactly......I just posted a video to the TACCOM fb page......our brake, top potted barrel. Flat, low recoil and shot pattern is not affected.......and not hanging 3/4 pound off the end

4 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

Exactly......I just posted a video to the TACCOM fb page......our brake, top potted barrel. Flat, low recoil and shot pattern is not affected.......and not hanging 3/4 pound off the end

Ported barrel sounds expensive...

6 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

Ported barrel AND 3.5 lb metal weight in the form of long comp= flattest shooting vr80 this side of the Mississippi 

8 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

Ported barrel AND 3.5 lb metal weight in the form of long comp= flattest shooting vr80 this side of the Mississippi 

Now you are being silly.

30 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

Very nice.  What rounds were you shooting? 

1 hour ago, Underwood said:

Triangle shooting sports did mine

Ask for Benny Hill 

+1 ON TRIANGLE!!!Benny knows his stuff and is reasonable too. And his turn around can be measured in days.