Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it in Thursday. Put in a Taccom buffer with the factory spring, mil spec buffer tube, stock and grip. First 15 rounds had issues. After that the next 90 shells were flawless in all mags (19,9,5) Next up is trigger and compensator.

any suggestions for heat shield on the rail? I’ve seen Taccom is working on one and others have used paracord wrap. 

EBCC8BA6-AFB6-4481-B81F-11C4E62A979A.jpeg

1 minute ago, love2fishnshoot said:

Got it in Thursday. Put in a Taccom buffer with the factory spring, mil spec buffer tube, stock and grip. First 15 rounds had issues. After that the next 90 shells were flawless in all mags (19,9,5) Next up is trigger and compensator.

any suggestions for heat shield on the rail? I’ve seen Taccom is working on one and others have used paracord wrap. 

EBCC8BA6-AFB6-4481-B81F-11C4E62A979A.jpeg

Zero toxin thermal bow wrap

On 3/12/2019 at 7:33 AM, mattmann said:

Awesome. I’ll be picking up a ergo then. I really like this grip anyways. What type of brake is everyone running? I understand they are not in stock but is there a particular type I need to watch for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you running Ergo flat top or some other Ergo variant (I like Ergo’s but don’t want to return if Ergo suregrip beavertail creates a gap on the VR80).  Thanks much.

Thumbs up to whoever had the Fab defense gl-shock buttstock on their vr80.  I put that on, along with all the taccom stuff (compensator, buffer, spring) and its turned into the softest shooting 12 gauge I've ever fired.

I wasn't sure if I'd have enough fun with it to warrant getting that tooth n nail trigger but think I'm gonna budget for one of those now.  Really liking it all put together.

sunday gunday.jpg

Edited by jason_something

On 9/3/2019 at 8:38 PM, Alvin said:

Question concerning the ..  How about reload/handloads?  Anybody try them at all?   

The dummy loads that I made up for myself get shredded up pretty good at the crimp. My friend's Typhoon F12 is more fussy but it's early in his break in stage(needs 1300/1⅛ still). Getting the crimp tucked in by having the right wad/load mix is necessary. I have a range of loads ready to try and expect 1⅛ loads in 2¾" AA hulls with CB1100-12 wads to work. I'll find out how much powder soon. My VR can function on Rem Gun Club 1oz/1185 loads though it won't run Nobel 1oz/1200 loads. Once I determine the minimum power factor 1⅛ load I'll put the Taccom buffer in and see how it runs with that. 

I'll be looking at the sharp edges that are catching the leading edge of the rounds. 

On 9/30/2019 at 7:06 AM, Brasspicker said:

that was me that tried the Fab Defense G-Shock , I had one on my Stag10 and I made it very soft.

I also epoxy'd a Tapco recoil Pad to the existing one and it is by far the softest 12ga I ever shot.

g.jpg

How much does it let the buffer tube move back in recoil?  Does the movement cause any loss of alignment with the sight and your eye?

Nolan

I took some videos shooting it and it moved about an 1/2 to 3/4 inch or so during recoil.

Doesn't effect sighting in anyway I noticed, if anything the less recoil made it easier to get back on target after the shot.

Cheers

John

Ugh - I purchased a VR80 last Saturday in CA and now I have to wait 10 days (6 more) to pick her up. In the meantime I have purchased two stocks (GL-Shock is one other is a Magpul), Taccom Compensator/recoil buffer, T&N Trigger, Magpul Pistol Grip and a few Magazines (9 rounders).

I BLAME YOU GUYS AND THIS THREAD!

Can't wait to hit the range once I get her and break her in like she did my wallet.

Edited by Bravnik
Spelling Issues

5 hours ago, Bravnik said:

Ugh - I purchased a VR80 last Saturday in CA and now I have to wait 10 days (6 more) to pick her up. In the meantime I have purchased two stocks (GL-Shock is one other is a Magpul), Taccom Compensator/recoil buffer, T&N Trigger, Magpul Pistol Grip and a few Magazines (9 rounders).

I BLAME YOU GUYS AND THIS THREAD!

Can't wait to hit the range once I get her and break her in like she did my wallet.

Congrats!

Don’t forget to rotate your right side safety 180 degrees.   It will chew your trigger finger knuckle up something terrible.   

6 hours ago, SQUIDload said:

Congrats!

Don’t forget to rotate your right side safety 180 degrees.   It will chew your trigger finger knuckle up something terrible.   

That was another great tip and I'm glad I did that.  I could already feel it was going to rub and was thinking about removing it but rotating was easier.

When I first fired it, I only had some reduced recoil 00 buck and it was single shot for about the first two magazines but whatever happened after that it worked well.  Dumped a few more magazines with no malfunctions.  Guess it needed a little heat and some carbon.

• 1 month later...

Hello fellas, I've been banging my head off of the walls trying to find a group of intelligent people that may be able to help me, I got my vr80 3 days ago broke the entire weapon down to degrease the 17 million pounds of sludge trapped inside as I am having it cerekoted so my brother and I don't look like twins. Here is my issue I somehow lost the entire safety assembly armscor only sells the switch online I've called emailed online chat the whole 9 they seem incompetent they want me to mail the gun back wait two months to get fixed and returned but line one of warranty says mods void warranty so does anyone know of a place where I can get a safety that will fit this model? Thanks, sorry for the book just frustrated by ignorance. 

16 hours ago, Jerz7899 said:

Hello fellas, I've been banging my head off of the walls trying to find a group of intelligent people that may be able to help me, I got my vr80 3 days ago broke the entire weapon down to degrease the 17 million pounds of sludge trapped inside as I am having it cerekoted so my brother and I don't look like twins. Here is my issue I somehow lost the entire safety assembly armscor only sells the switch online I've called emailed online chat the whole 9 they seem incompetent they want me to mail the gun back wait two months to get fixed and returned but line one of warranty says mods void warranty so does anyone know of a place where I can get a safety that will fit this model? Thanks, sorry for the book just frustrated by ignorance. 

The only option will be the new 45* one coming from Taccom (note it will only be the internal barrel portion for sale, not the levers). It should be out around Black Friday and I believe will work with the factory levers as well as his extended ones. If you lost all of it, you might want to grab the new part and his levers. If you dont want a 45* or the extended levers, im sure there will be owners who will sell their stock parts off once the new stuff is ready 

How do you remove the hammer pin? Does it just punch out like an AR hammer pin and it just happens to be incredibly difficult? I can’t get the thing to move at all. Is it one directional only, and if so, which direction? Both ends look identical...

Trigger pin, with the C clip on one end is obvious on how to remove. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Bonesinium said:

How do you remove the hammer pin? Does it just punch out like an AR hammer pin and it just happens to be incredibly difficult? I can’t get the thing to move at all. Is it one directional only, and if so, which direction? Both ends look identical...

Trigger pin, with the C clip on one end is obvious on how to remove. 

Thanks. 

It comes out the opposite way from the one with the c clip