Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contacted Armscor today to get the barrel nut that replaces the shroud when you install the muzzle break.  Was told to buy the small comp as it comes with the nut (the large comp doesn’t include the nut).  Is that true? I thought a few folks here got the nut for free ...  thanks.

Contacted Armscor today to get the barrel nut that replaces the shroud when you install the muzzle break.  Was told to buy the small comp as it comes with the nut (the large comp doesn’t include the nut).  Is that true? I thought a few folks here got the nut for free ...  thanks.
Early adopters called and got it since many of the first testers said it came w it. The first batch of long comps didn't come w the nut which is too why many called and got them. However it was later announced that they would be coming w the comps from that point on. I do believe the guys who got the last batch of long comps got the adapter w it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Firebull said:

About the third variation of that story I have heard.  First was they are supposed to come with the gun.  Second was that they don't come with the gun but with the comps.  Now hearing one comp but not the other.  I don't think they can keep them in stock and include them when they can.

It is not an easily reproducible thread.  It is an odd TPI, trapezoidal and has a slight taper to it for lockup.  I figured it out and made my own but I have a HAAS CNC lathe that I can program and make it do what I need with the right tooling. 

How close are the factory sights on these guns. I got the correct riser for my dot and they are not even close. 
Thank you for reminding me about them, tossed em on our spare/leftover/prize table rifle. 211d5f9de531416c6ae86a37ce75d9e2.jpg

14 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Thank you for reminding me about them, tossed em on our spare/leftover/prize table rifle. 211d5f9de531416c6ae86a37ce75d9e2.jpg

I thought about leaving them on instead of carrying a spare dot. 

5 hours ago, aandabooks said:

About the third variation of that story I have heard.  First was they are supposed to come with the gun.  Second was that they don't come with the gun but with the comps.  Now hearing one comp but not the other.  I don't think they can keep them in stock and include them when they can.

It is not an easily reproducible thread.  It is an odd TPI, trapezoidal and has a slight taper to it for lockup.  I figured it out and made my own but I have a HAAS CNC lathe that I can program and make it do what I need with the right tooling. 

5 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

My short comp came with one. I'll tell you on thurs when I get the long comp if it comes with one as well

Thanks a lot for the reply.  Just got an email from Advanced Tactical indicating both comps now come with the nut.  

Has anyone recieved their order form tooth and nail? 

They told me all the 10rd mags and 18 rd mags already shipped out and I still havent recieved mine. I also have a few 28s ordered with them. 

I've emailed and recieved no reply and when I call it just rings forever without picking up

Anyone else?

Has anyone recieved their order form tooth and nail? 

They told me all the 10rd mags and 18 rd mags already shipped out and I still havent recieved mine. I also have a few 28s ordered with them. 

I've emailed and recieved no reply and when I call it just rings forever without picking up

Anyone else?
They are working to correct issues w them

16 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

I mean that's fine and I appreciate qa, but to just have no one respond and not be able to reach anyone is aggravating 

No response to my email either. Yes, if they're having issues with the mags, it would be nice if they kept their customers in the loop. The website says in stock and ready to ship