Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

29 minutes ago, hump said:

Has anyone opened up the gas ports. Of what size did you go too. 

Yes, if you look really close some of the holes are in need of cleaning up..Some of mine weren't smooth holes. 

Im not sure what size Benny Hill enlarged them to, but i was able to run 1145 fps shells afterwards 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Underwood said:

Yes, if you look really close some of the holes are in need of cleaning up..Some of mine weren't smooth holes. 

Im not sure what size Benny Hill enlarged them to, but i was able to run 1145 fps shells afterwards 

I’m not surprised in the least. I’ve got so much “debris” in mine right out of the box. Aluminum shavings everywhere internally. The choke feels like it was dropped in sand before it was cranked into the barrel. Looking down the barrel you could see more crap. The mags would actually drip oil when my ffl was checking the numbers. It’s like they come right off the mill, go through an oil bath/rinse and ship them out. Nothing that can’t be taken care of, but if I would have just loaded it up and started shooting who knows what could have gotten stuck where. Granted, the gas block cap wasn’t threaded on so I wouldn’t have gotten far with it. Will run the hell out of it Sunday though!

Shout out to Benny Hill and  Timothy Ubl
My VR80 runs great..
Triangle Shooting Sports for the trigger work,porting the barrel and modifying the gas system.
Taccom, LLC for the VR80 recoil system.
Anybody on the fence about this product..it flat out works.. runs 1145 fps shells smooth and fast !!!!

Tooth and Nail Armory - Lic. FFL 28rd mag showed up. Going to run it this afternoon. May play around w swapping follower should there be any feed issues as the follower looks to be the MKA styled one but might not matter one bit.d3436c245ee4258bb27d8e758bf15c73.jpg8b0407a02d7c548386ad0d6258923495.jpgccf409f618ff9c737011b08ee1a6be6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Still loving my VR.  Got the 19 rounders in now and it is so much fun!!  I have had a couple instances where i get my support hand about midway on the handguard and i get a little bit of a hot gas wake up call.  ha ha.  Thinking about trying to figure out a shield for the midsection of the guard.  I think I saw that Tim from Taccom built something but I cannot find the pic now.  Any ideas out there? 

15 hours ago, Underwood said:

Shout out to Benny Hill and  Timothy Ubl
My VR80 runs great..
Triangle Shooting Sports for the trigger work,porting the barrel and modifying the gas system.
Taccom, LLC for the VR80 recoil system.
Anybody on the fence about this product..it flat out works.. runs 1145 fps shells smooth and fast !!!!

Questions on the ported barrel...is it just straight porting or angled? How many ports? Size of the ports? Spacing of the ports? Location, I. E. All on top, any on sides, 45’s, etc?  

Wanted to do the same here but always like to hear from experience. Thanks Underwood

25 minutes ago, WWG1WGA said:

Questions on the ported barrel...is it just straight porting or angled? How many ports? Size of the ports? Spacing of the ports? Location, I. E. All on top, any on sides, 45’s, etc?  

Wanted to do the same here but always like to hear from experience. Thanks Underwood

57376.thumb.jpeg.115b44dda812c416ae4cd2a278d5708e.jpeg

Edited by Underwood

50 minutes ago, VU2AKILL said:

Still loving my VR.  Got the 19 rounders in now and it is so much fun!!  I have had a couple instances where i get my support hand about midway on the handguard and i get a little bit of a hot gas wake up call.  ha ha.  Thinking about trying to figure out a shield for the midsection of the guard.  I think I saw that Tim from Taccom built something but I cannot find the pic now.  Any ideas out there? 

This worked for me.. also helps keep it pulled in tight to my shoulder 

57682.thumb.jpeg.2f8bb635518b790846b10d68b60e304b.jpeg

2 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

Tooth and Nail Armory - Lic. FFL 28rd mag showed up. Going to run it this afternoon. May play around w swapping follower should there be any feed issues as the follower looks to be the MKA styled one but might not matter one bit.d3436c245ee4258bb27d8e758bf15c73.jpg8b0407a02d7c548386ad0d6258923495.jpgccf409f618ff9c737011b08ee1a6be6d.jpg

I think you're literally the only one who got anything from tooth 

29 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

I think you're literally the only one who got anything from tooth 

LOL..i was thinking there should be more shooters with the ultra big sticks too by now

Only ran the mag twice in testing today ... Friend of mine shot it first and had a single failure to feed on the last round. Reloaded it and I shot it clean ... Will get a vid up later

The first thing I did after shooting a mag though mine was rotated the opposite side safety lever 180 deg. It ripped a bloody hole on the side of my trigger finger after 9 rounds. I’m going to grind it off later tonight.