Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been working on a speed loader for these VR80 magazines as well. The 9 rounders are hard enough when they get full, I can't imagine loading a 19 rounder without one of these! If you're having trouble loading your mags, I also explain a little technique for loading shells in this video that should help everyone with these mags. 

11 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

I've been working on a speed loader for these VR80 magazines as well. The 9 rounders are hard enough when they get full, I can't imagine loading a 19 rounder without one of these! If you're having trouble loading your mags, I also explain a little technique for loading shells in this video that should help everyone with these mags. 

Imagine the 29 round mags we all have on order!!

15 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:
Lets talk lube and polishing for this shotgun. What and where are you guys using for lube in the VR80 and have you polished any areas for reliability?

Polished the bare metal under the gas system (lightly with Flitz, not to a mirror shine) ... Gas system stays dry, lube the bolt/carrier. Thats about it 

Edited by IntenseImage

1 hour ago, AmarokTactical said:

Lets talk lube and polishing for this shotgun. What and where are you guys using for lube in the VR80 and have you polished any areas for reliability?

havent polished anything

lube bolt carrier, thin lube on all the pieces on the barrell also lube the takedown pins just so they slid easier

Day 1 of testing the new Taccom, LLC buffer complete. I do notice a slight difference in felt recoil towards the end of the bolts rearward travel. If I didn't have the comp and recoil pad it would probably be more noticeable. It did cut even more muzzle rise and mine didn't have a lot to begin with!

Side note ... I am going to try a different comp. Patterning confirmed a much larger pattern with the long comp vs no comp.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

Day 1 of testing the new Taccom, LLC buffer complete. I do notice a slight difference in felt recoil towards the end of the bolts rearward travel. If I didn't have the comp and recoil pad it would probably be more noticeable. It did cut even more muzzle rise and mine didn't have a lot to begin with!

Side note ... I am going to try a different comp. Patterning confirmed a much larger pattern with the long comp vs no comp.

How does it make sense that the pattern is tighter with no comp on?

So a few weeks ago at the all shotgun match we attended, I had some issues dropping steel. A few people noted how wide my pattern was with a LM choke in. At that time, I didn't have a chance to pattern the gun. Today I found time and the story is pretty telling.

Remington Gun Club: 1-1/8oz, 7.5 shot, 1200 fps

Test was done with the factory MOD choke instead of the LM I ran at the match ...

Outer circle on paper is the pattern with the comp installed

The cutout circle laid on top is simply the comp removed

And for comparison my wife's 21" Beretta 1301 Comp with a LM choke (same ammo and distance)

Needless to say, while I love how well the long comp works, I'm taking some tools and the factory barrel shroud to the match with us tomorrow and I'll be testing other comp options soon.6b9583ee47fb39d1678ab345fbeafdc1.jpg6eb35c280d3c36729ecd48b65c8ba552.jpg

2 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

So a few weeks ago at the all shotgun match we attended, I had some issues dropping steel. A few people noted how wide my pattern was with a LM choke in. At that time, I didn't have a chance to pattern the gun. Today I found time and the story is pretty telling.

Remington Gun Club: 1-1/8oz, 7.5 shot, 1200 fps

Test was done with the factory MOD choke instead of the LM I ran at the match ...

Outer circle on paper is the pattern with the comp installed

The cutout circle laid on top is simply the comp removed

And for comparison my wife's 21" Beretta 1301 Comp with a LM choke (same ammo and distance)

Needless to say, while I love how well the long comp works, I'm taking some tools and the factory barrel shroud to the match with us tomorrow and I'll be testing other comp options soon.6b9583ee47fb39d1678ab345fbeafdc1.jpg6eb35c280d3c36729ecd48b65c8ba552.jpg

How far were both those patterns, if it's like 20 yards, it's hard for me to imagine that a few pellets outside that circle wouldnt knock a steel down. 

Also what other comp options are you checking into? The thread size is so specific that not much else on the market will fit it

How far were both those patterns, if it's like 20 yards, it's hard for me to imagine that a few pellets outside that circle wouldnt knock a steel down. 

Also what other comp options are you checking into? The thread size is so specific that not much else on the market will fit it

Didn't check actual distance ... Just kinda did a "yea this is about the distance we shoot a Texas Star from ... ". Did that knowing full well how the 1301 does with just a LM choke so we could see what it took to match the pattern. When looking at the dense part of the pattern the no comp was about 2x as dense. That makes a big difference.

Looking at clamp on options

37 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Didn't check actual distance ... Just kinda did a "yea this is about the distance we shoot a Texas Star from ... ". Did that knowing full well how the 1301 does with just a LM choke so we could see what it took to match the pattern. When looking at the dense part of the pattern the no comp was about 2x as dense. That makes a big difference.

Looking at clamp on options

Let me know what you end up using for the comp