Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

Given the great difficulty in finding another comp, would it be an option to simply run a mod vs lm choke and still take advantage of the recoil reduction the RIA comp provides?

I ran Mod today w comp and had no issues dropping steel that I would have left standing with LM and the choke ... This is the same stuff my daughter dropped with IC in her Stoeger m3k
Does a comp change the pattern vs a no comp?
The official answer is maybe ... See MY results above ...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, IntenseImage said:

I ran Mod today w comp and had no issues dropping steel that I would have left standing with LM and the choke ... This is the same stuff my daughter dropped with IC in her Stoeger m3kThe official answer is maybe ... See MY results above ...

Does it come with limited mod from the factory? Or full mod?

So just run what comes from the factory and dont switch to lm?
That's what I'm doing now ... Worked very well for me today. I'd pattern your gun and decide what works best for you though

Ordered. Now literally the only thing between me and open division domination are these tooth and nail mags
Those big 28s are just an insurance policy and a nice to have for things like shotgun only matches. The 19s are where it's at for Open

40 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Those big 28s are just an insurance policy and a nice to have for things like shotgun only matches. The 19s are where it's at for Open

I mean I ordered two of each, so I'll probably start with a 28 and then carry 1 19 or depending on the stage a 10 rd full of slugs 

29 rds is more than enough to clear most stages without a reload so starting with a 29 loaded in the gun is my plan

Edited by AverageJoeShooting

29 rounds is a lot of weight to move around but also a lot of weight to push up a magazine. My experience with Tooth and Nail has not been good so it will be interesting to see if those actually work. :)

On another note, I have been able to get 19 round mags but no 9 rounders. Anyone have a couple extra 9 rounders they want to trade for a new 19 rounder?

29 rounds is a lot of weight to move around but also a lot of weight to push up a magazine. My experience with Tooth and Nail has not been good so it will be interesting to see if those actually work. [emoji4]

On another note, I have been able to get 19 round mags but no 9 rounders. Anyone have a couple extra 9 rounders they want to trade for a new 19 rounder?

Take lower section off 19 and cut the spring = 10 ... Take that extra section and add to a 19 w TnN spring you now have "their" new 28 lol

I'll buy a lower w clip thing from ya too

5 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Take lower section off 19 and cut the spring = 10 ... Take that extra section and add to a 19 w TnN spring you now have "their" new 28 lol

That's a good idea... :) 

I'll give it a try and let you know.

Edited by ctay

30 minutes ago, ctay said:

29 rounds is a lot of weight to move around but also a lot of weight to push up a magazine. My experience with Tooth and Nail has not been good so it will be interesting to see if those actually work. :)

That's why I start with it loaded. That way I would just be dropping it for mag exchange.

31 minutes ago, ctay said:

I wish I had the problem of extra 19 rd mags

3 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

That's why I start with it loaded. That way I would just be dropping it for mag exchange.

For what it's worth, I've been shooting a Firebird for years and used to start stages with coupled 17 rounders for 32 rounds. A friend suggested that all that weight was slowing down my movement and ability to track aerials etc. At his suggestion I ran a stage both with coupled mags and a single mag and a reload from the belt. I found that I was significantly more accurate and ultimately faster with 17 and belt reload - even though it *felt* faster with the coupled. Tried a couple more times with same result so I stopped using the 32 round setup. Just my experience - yours may be different. 

19 minutes ago, ctay said:

For what it's worth, I've been shooting a Firebird for years and used to start stages with coupled 17 rounders for 32 rounds. A friend suggested that all that weight was slowing down my movement and ability to track aerials etc. At his suggestion I ran a stage both with coupled mags and a single mag and a reload from the belt. I found that I was significantly more accurate and ultimately faster with 17 and belt reload - even though it *felt* faster with the coupled. Tried a couple more times with same result so I stopped using the 32 round setup. Just my experience - yours may be different. 

I have two of each on order, so I guess whenever they finally ship and I have them I'll have to run them both and see which works the best

22 hours ago, ctay said:

Just messaged you about this.