Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh also where did you get the mag clips that hold the mags on your belt?
Dissident but any more I get will come from Red Hill Tactical (nothing wrong with DA, just want to support Robert now that he is making them too)
also man now all i need are some mags

any word from tooth?
Nothing yet

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Dissident but any more I get will come from Red Hill Tactical (nothing wrong with DA, just want to support Robert now that he is making them too)Nothing yet

Does robert have the mag clips in stock now? Or is it something hes planning on making 

Does robert have the mag clips in stock now? Or is it something hes planning on making 
Send them a message on Facebook - they aren't listed on the site (or at least I can't find them) but I know he's doing them

Just got it yesterday and haven't even gotten out to the range and already the customizing is getting started.  Swapped out the stock and grip.  Went with a minimalist stock I had laying around and a Hogue grip.  Will put on a Vortex reddot after I get it to the range to break it in.  Have a Cmore railway on the way for it.  

Started working on a comp design.  This one is going to end up being too short but I kind of like the way it looks on the gun.  Whipped up a quick round one and it stays steam lined but not enough venting I don't think.  The threads on the barrel are slightly over-sized and makes it difficult to turn these on.  Might be ordering a die to chase the threads.  IMG_2426.JPG.1fc35a5456b670c669d40e15f9cc0ab2.JPGIMG_2425.JPG.4107ab7333dff6fc22ab800bf484e54c.JPGIMG_2427.JPG.d90b0fed6f1354bee9a34248d5483ab6.JPG

10 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Started working on a comp design.  This one is going to end up being too short but I kind of like the way it looks on the gun.  Whipped up a quick round one and it stays steam lined but not enough venting I don't think.  The threads on the barrel are slightly over-sized and makes it difficult to turn these on.  Might be ordering a die to chase the threads.  

You are making the comps? Thread pattern should be m24x1 -- just to verify you are using the proper one ;)

2 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

You are making the comps? Thread pattern should be m24x1 -- just to verify you are using the proper one ;)

Yes I'm making my own.  I have the right tap.  I went back and ran the tap by hand now it is good.  Used the lathe the first pass.

5 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

dont suppose you would be good to make us a three port hole version for maximum recoil reduction!!

I ran off a first pass at a 3 port model.  It is getting fairly long.  Especially compared to the first one that I did. 

547999858_image1(51).JPG.69ff2f9ab32b917df9a61797e0d26d24.JPG

I went with a slightly rectangular shape for this one.  I'll be testing both of them this weekend.  

I might gear up for a small production run of these.  I have a buddy that I'm working on to get him to do some cerakoteing on these.  I could just sell them in the raw and the price would be much cheaper.  

Edited by aandabooks

2 hours ago, aandabooks said:

I ran off a first pass at a 3 port model.  It is getting fairly long.  Especially compared to the first one that I did. 

547999858_image1(51).JPG.69ff2f9ab32b917df9a61797e0d26d24.JPG

I went with a slightly rectangular shape for this one.  I'll be testing both of them this weekend.  

I might gear up for a small production run of these.  I have a buddy that I'm working on to get him to do some cerakoteing on these.  I could just sell them in the raw and the price would be much cheaper.  

I look forward to seeing the video. If the three port works I'll buy one from you

36 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

Looks excellant. When can I buy one from you? Also can you do the locking rings too? 

Which locking ring?  I can do the one at the comp but the one at the hand guard is going to be a problem.  It looks to be a proprietary thread.  Supposedly the guns ship with a nut that locks the hand guard.  I didn't get one with mine but emailed RIA to see about that.  I've heard that they will be shipping them out to people that didn't get one this week.

I think I'm going to cut down my shroud since I like the look of it but want to run the comp.

I should have some ready to ship by the end of the week in raw aluminum.  I'm working on a local guy to do some cerakote on them but that will be $25 each and more time.  

2 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Which locking ring?  I can do the one at the comp but the one at the hand guard is going to be a problem.  It looks to be a proprietary thread.  Supposedly the guns ship with a nut that locks the hand guard.  I didn't get one with mine but emailed RIA to see about that.  I've heard that they will be shipping them out to people that didn't get one this week.

I think I'm going to cut down my shroud since I like the look of it but want to run the comp.

I should have some ready to ship by the end of the week in raw aluminum.  I'm working on a local guy to do some cerakote on them but that will be $25 each and more time.  

Let me know. The minute you say you have them done I'll PayPal you and give you a shipping address