Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be smiling just like that dude in the video tooo.. Yeah thats gonna be a must have for mine .. If it ever gets here 
The problem is it's $100+ (typically) and holds 20 while the factory big stick is $60 for 19. How much is 1 more round worth to you?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, IntenseImage said:

The problem is it's $100+ (typically) and holds 20 while the factory big stick is $60 for 19. How much is 1 more round worth to you?

Didnt know that.. thought it held 30 rounds. See what happens when you assume..LOL... thanks for the headsup . Ill stick to the 19rd and reload to the 9/10 rounders 

56 minutes ago, Underwood said:

Didnt know that.. thought it held 30 rounds. See what happens when you assume..LOL... thanks for the headsup . Ill stick to the 19rd and reload to the 9/10 rounders 

Also if you dont already have the factory big sticks you are up the creek since they are sold out everywhere with no idea of any restock coming.  You can get a drum in three days and actually go shoot competition with it. I guess it depends on your time frame 

2 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

Also if you dont already have the factory big sticks you are up the creek since they are sold out everywhere with no idea of any restock coming.  You can get a drum in three days and actually go shoot competition with it. I guess it depends on your time frame 

I look at it like this.. For the money I'm saving on this VR80 vrs one of the 3-4k  open shotguns, I can pony up some $$ on mags and a drum and still be way ahead. Hopefully the big sticks become more available in the future and with the popularity of this VR80 there should be lots of aftermarket stuff coming out. I already see Taccom is selling stuff and if I know Tim he is probably already working on more stuff for it. 

56 minutes ago, Underwood said:

I look at it like this.. For the money I'm saving on this VR80 vrs one of the 3-4k  open shotguns, I can pony up some $$ on mags and a drum and still be way ahead. Hopefully the big sticks become more available in the future and with the popularity of this VR80 there should be lots of aftermarket stuff coming out. I already see Taccom is selling stuff and if I know Tim he is probably already working on more stuff for it. 

I wasnt lucky enough to get any of the big sticks. For me it would be easier and quicker to spend 100$ on a drum and have it in three days instead of waiting months for the sticks to restock

On 4/8/2019 at 7:59 PM, AverageJoeShooting said:

How does everyone here know tim from taccom. Haha I feel like the only one who doesnt know him

I randomly met him at the Lucas Oil PCC Championship.  I was shooting a CK Arms PCC with the Taccom ULW barrel and had replaced the handguard it came with with the Taccom3g carbon fiber one, so he came over and sparked up a conversation asking how I liked the PCC build with those parts and stuff.  Eventually he was like "Oh, by the way, I'm Tim from Taccom3g" lol...

Edited by fbzero

1 hour ago, fbzero said:

I randomly met him at the Lucas Oil PCC Championship.  I was shooting a CK Arms PCC with the Taccom ULW barrel and had replaced the handguard it came with with the Taccom3g carbon fiber one, so he came over and sparked up a conversation asking how I liked the PCC build with those parts and stuff.  Eventually he was like "Oh, by the way, I'm Tim from Taccom3g" lol...

I thought EVERYONE knew Tim!!

Am I the only one that would love to see a 12 round magazine like the old Saiga-12 , 12 round mags (nutsack).  something that holds a decent amount but isn't insanely long or wide?
A factory 9, converted into a 10 ... With a +2 basepad ... People are working on it [emoji6]

Then you just carry a big stick. Still no reason for a 12 rd mag
A 19 wouldn't have covered that, 28s arent here yet so going to a 10/12 would be needed and easier to use than a 5. 10ish round mags actually fit in dump barrels. They allow you to shoot out of low ports more easily. There are many reasons why I would take a 10/12 over a 19 or 28

5 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

A 19 wouldn't have covered that, 28s arent here yet so going to a 10/12 would be needed and easier to use than a 5. 10ish round mags actually fit in dump barrels. They allow you to shoot out of low ports more easily. There are many reasons why I would take a 10/12 over a 19 or 28

19 +1 and a stage saver=21

19 +1 and a stage saver=21
How does one use a match saver with w mag fed shotgun. You need BHO to lock open to be able to pull that round in, but then the mag catch is still activated due to the empty mag being in there so how do you drop the bolt?

One club here runs 10 shots max .. so a 12 is simply nicer to use than a 19.

A 15 could be useful but is too close to 19 in size. 12 balances the size to having a few extra rounds just in case

But I mean why stop at 12? We could make 15 round mags with a 10 and a 5

And unless someone comes up with a coupler to go end to end, no we can't. It's not like turning 19s to 28s.

We could do a 14 ;-)

30 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

How does one use a match saver with w mag fed shotgun. You need BHO to lock open to be able to pull that round in, but then the mag catch is still activated due to the empty mag being in there so how do you drop the bolt?

One club here runs 10 shots max .. so a 12 is simply nicer to use than a 19.

A 15 could be useful but is too close to 19 in size. 12 balances the size to having a few extra rounds just in case

I thought the same thing. If you have a magazine that doesn’t drop free, then you can disengage the mag, insert the stage saver and close the bolt. 

But I want my magazine to drop free! So no stage saver for me.