Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that have the comp, do extended chokes interfere with it? I mean just basic ones that extend around an inch not the 2" 3 gun chokes from Briley...

Trying to decide on buying flush chokes or extended. Extended like the Briley spectrum are nicer since you can easily tell what's in it from the color coding.

https://www.briley.com/p-54241-mobil-choke-spectrum-choke-12-gauge.aspx

For those that have the comp, do extended chokes interfere with it? I mean just basic ones that extend around an inch not the 2" 3 gun chokes from Briley...

Trying to decide on buying flush chokes or extended. Extended like the Briley spectrum are nicer since you can easily tell what's in it from the color coding.

Havent tried

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, ctay said:

My guess is that flush mounted would be better since the comp sits against the barrel. Seems like you would be losing effectiveness if the choke extended out into the comp

15 hours ago, mattmann said:

If anyone knows where a brother can buy some 19rd mags, send it my way emoji1.pngemoji1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our friends at Magpul could make a killing on these.  And first company out of the gate with a trigger is gonna make a fortune.

On 4/8/2019 at 7:59 PM, AverageJoeShooting said:

How does everyone here know tim from taccom. Haha I feel like the only one who doesnt know him

He is friends with our local gun smith Benny Hill  and we all shot Lucas Oil pcc Matches together 2 years in a row

There is a guy on Utube running a pro mag drum mag thru his vr80 (Morpheus), anyone tried this?  doesn't say what kind it was, but it appears to run without a problem. 

That's my friend and yes his runs without modifications. Others have needed work. It's a Promag MKA1919 drum

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

had mine for almost a month and it really sucks to shoot.  it came with 2 heavy load gas rings and no light one.  so it's a single shot shotgun unless i run hot stuff.  but it's also a single shot cause they failed to ship it with a mag release spring.  so i can't even seat a mag.  tried putting a spring into it but the ar version is too light and the mag comes out on recoil.  have called and emailed ria for the parts but have yet to get any response.  so it just sits in the safe.

2 hours ago, BBoyd said:

There is a guy on Utube running a pro mag drum mag thru his vr80 (Morpheus), anyone tried this?  doesn't say what kind it was, but it appears to run without a problem. 

Yep thats me 

18 minutes ago, outerlimits said:

had mine for almost a month and it really sucks to shoot.  it came with 2 heavy load gas rings and no light one.  so it's a single shot shotgun unless i run hot stuff.  but it's also a single shot cause they failed to ship it with a mag release spring.  so i can't even seat a mag.  tried putting a spring into it but the ar version is too light and the mag comes out on recoil.  have called and emailed ria for the parts but have yet to get any response.  so it just sits in the safe.

Go on the Armscor site and email Philljp.  I had a response in one day.

4 hours ago, morpheus said:

Yep thats me 

Would love to know how well it would run before buying one. 

My VR80 has no trouble with any of the 9 or 5 rounders I’ve tried so far (only likes Mknarch high velo shells tho). Will be trying it out with a 19 rounder I just got. That drum looks awesome but don’t want to buy and then it fail.  Guess I could try it out and just make sure that there is a good return policy.