Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shred - thanks for uploading the photos - keep em coming.

I've taken the liberty of re-organizing the World Shoot album hierarchy to make the photos for each day a bit easier to find.

Once the photos have been up for a few weeks, I'm going to do some cleanup - mainly removal of any "near duplicate" photos or obviously bad ones. If you object to me doing this on an album you uploaded, please let me know.

Also, the gallery allows you to order photos on-line (no, USPSA doesn't get a cut). Select from teh pulldwon menu to the right of "print photo" when you have a photo displayed. The system directly transfers the highest resolution available from the photographer's upload to the printing service, so you get higher quality than printing directly from the web viewable images.

Any word on how the races in Standard and Production are shaping up?  Saul's been doing a great job of keeping us up to date on the men's Open match on his Double Alpha site, but there has been a long silence on the rest of the match.  Are Julie and Phil still leading in Standard?  And what about the Sevigny-Tyc matchup?  Any news would be great!

From looking at the standing just now and it was posted on 8/26 at 7:56pm, Tyc was on top, Angus was 10 points behind him and Sevigny 20 points behind Tyc. Would that be a shocker or what. Then again, it depends on if they've all shot the same stages or not. Dave's pretty good under pressure, we'll see.

From looking at the standing just now and it was posted on 8/26 at 7:56pm, Tyc was on top, Angus was 10 points behind him and Sevigny 20 points behind Tyc. Would that be a shocker or what.

It wouldn't be so much of a shocker if people took a better look at the results of matches outside the US. Adam has repeatedly beaten Angus, who is one of the few shooters to get close to DS in the past year or so. Those who have seen Adam shoot know that he possesses the skills to be at least on par with DS. The question is, can he keep the game together mentally?

But, other than the WS, how often would Adam go head-to-head with Dave? (I may be uncovering my ignorance here, but oh well). Looking at results where they didn't go head-to-head isn't a good way to compare one to the other. Dave and Angus? Yeah, but didn't Dave beat Angus by ~15% at the Nationals?

But, anyone who can give Dave a run is a stud in my book. It looks like Production is the race to watch.

One of our forum members - B. J. Norris - was listed at #16 in Open in yesterdays results!

I believe B. J. is 15 or 16 years old. He finished #11 at the Open Nationals this year. This appears to be another Rodney Dangerfield coming on.

You go B.J. !

From looking at the standing just now and it was posted on 8/26 at 7:56pm, Tyc was on top, Angus was 10 points behind him and Sevigny 20 points behind Tyc. Would that be a shocker or what.

It wouldn't be so much of a shocker if people took a better look at the results of matches outside the US. Adam has repeatedly beaten Angus, who is one of the few shooters to get close to DS in the past year or so. Those who have seen Adam shoot know that he possesses the skills to be at least on par with DS. The question is, can he keep the game together mentally?

I wouldnt say Angus has been close to Dave, no one (and Angus finished 2nd) shot a Master class score against him at the US Nationals. But then again, if Adam doesnt come to the US to shoot or they dont meet at international matches, we are never going to know of Adam Tyc is. Plus, Dave is the reigning WS Prod champ as well as another other Prod major match he has entered in quite a while.

If we never get to seem Adam, we will never know what kind of skills he possess. Obviously he does possess the skills or he would never have gotten this far. If he beats Dave, I know he definitely earned it and it was well deserved b/c Dave doesnt give anything away when shooting.

Well, the match is done.. Last shot should have been fired a while ago. finished the match with another annoying miss today, but had a good time on the stage on stilts-- everybody got a round of applause from the squad when they finished. No DQ´s on the squad, but it was close.

Rumor has Gabi Kraushoffer (sp?) winning ladies Open, with Kay in 2nd. BJ may well finish in the top 16 according to Lee (who thinks he won´t). I know nothing of the other races, but prelim finals should be posting for the 1-hour period in short order over on http://www.worldshootxiv.com

I found this information on the Australia Forum from a competitor at World Shoot...

"Looks like Adam Tyc might have snatched the Production title, a very popular winner to be sure and well deserved. This kid is going to be a superstar. He told me that a female shooter from the USA had protested against his gun at the last minute but hopefully that will be sorted out and he will emerge as champion. I think he edged out Angus Hobdell in 2nd and Dave Sevigny in 3rd but this is based on rough calculations so we will find out for sure in a moment. "

The Australia forum entry indicates that TGO snagged Standard (limited), Eric got Open, Adam Tyc got Production, Gabrielle got Ladies Open and Jerry got Revolver. The final results may not be posted for a while, things get hectic at the end of a World Shoot but there should be some mechanism to get it online as soon as possible, after all it should only take a few minutes to upload.

Hi Everybody!

Just got back from the range. No official results as of yet but I am pretty sure Gabi won Open Ladies and Petra took Standard. Both are just awesome competitors and great women... so a premature congrats!

I know it's going to be ALLOVER here real soon so...

I filed my first ever arbitration today. It was brought to my attention from several competitors (not just US I might add) that Adam Tyc's firearm was illegally modified for Production. I had finished shooting this morning and was watching our Production Team shoot their last stages. The popper on their second stage broke and the Mr. Fix Its of the Range (these guys were AWESOME) were replacing it. Adam had already arrived at their stage (different squad) to watch. I went up to him to ask him if I could take a picture of his gun.

I am going to be honest here. It takes a lot to make me annoyed, but the response I got was rather derogatory and insulting. Adam's "manager" told me I could do what ever I wished with the gun after Adam was finished with the match... take measurements, pictures, whatever.

It was uncalled for. I have a right as a competitor to see another competitor's equipment. Why all the secrets? Why all the controversy? What is there to hide??? But what made me most insulted was the implication that I was interfering with Adam's match. Adam and I had been chit chatting throughout the match... he had talked with me when I was shooting my stages... his squad wasn't up... the popper wasn't fixed... the other squad was still shooting... I had asked politely... there were only a couple hours left in the competition... So I smiled, turned away...

And filed an arbitration.

I got the paper work and filed. I never spoke with Adam about it... Never talked with him again until he interrogated me after he was finished. I filed on my own, with my own money. I filed while everyone was shooting their last stage. Dave (Sevigny) didn't even know. I didn't want this to be a personal thing. I wanted everyone to shoot, play their game and give it their best. Which they did.

So after I filed and the match was finished for Adam, he came up to me and asked me if I had protested his pistol. I told him yes, that from what I had seen and heard I felt it was illegal. He wouldn't even show me so I had no choice but to do what I thought was right. I told him it was nothing personal that I protested the gun and not the competitor and he walked away from me angry, shaking his head as if I was the wrong one here.

To top that, as I was packing up to leave, one of Adam's supporters put his finger towards my face and said I was "b**l S**t." (sorry, but its a quote) That, and I am now on some sort of black list I guess...

In any case the committee was very polite, listened to my protest and were very professional. It was deemed that the pistol in question was not modified or ground down and that the pistol was badly worn from wear and tear from a CZ factory rep.

So... its been a little stressful and I definitely lost a fan base to say the least, but in my heart I felt it was my duty and my right. Rules are rules. In a game, there have to be rules.

As far as wear and tear? I think there are several pictures of this notorious piece somewhere but in any case... to me, metal is hard to wear all the way along the base of the trigger guard from finger. I know how many rounds I shoot and I have never had this problem/deterioration on my pistols... But I respect the committee for listening and taking up the protest.

So there you have it... :) What a day. :) As far as this issue is concerned... I have said my piece on it and made the protest official.

Overall though, I loved the match. I love the people. My experience was wonderful. I wish I had shot better, but I am very happy and very proud. Who knows, I might find some ammo to shoot in the shoot off tomorrow! :)

Thanks to everybody for standing behind me and Team USA!!!!

All the best,

julie

Julie,

Thanks for stepping up. I wish I had known, I would have gone on a picture taking safari and gotten a picture of the pistol. Perhaps someone can do so at the shootoff. Sorry, you were treated so dis-respectfully. To me, their actions impliy that they had something to hide. Also, remember that you were the one who acted with class (as I have always seen you do).

I hope to see you on the Guayas tomorrow. Take care.

Jack

"In any case the committee was very polite, listened to my protest and were very professional. It was deemed that the pistol in question was not modified or ground down and that the pistol was badly worn from wear and tear from a CZ factory rep."

So a CZ Factory rep is involved in making a decision on the legality of a CZ Factory Shooter??? :huh: And it came out he was legal? Well, duh.

To top that, as I was packing up to leave, one of Adam's supporters put his finger towards my face and said I was "b**l S**t."  (sorry, but its a quote) That, and I am now on some sort of black list I guess...

So... its been a little stressful and I definitely lost a fan base to say the least, but in my heart I felt it was my duty and my right. 

Oh I don't know, I think you may have just INCREASED your fan base :D

So, you lost the $100 arbitration fee?

well..however it turned out..arbitrations and protests are part of our game..Julie did nothing wrong and Adam should not be angry about it..especially if nothing on his gun is wrong...everyone would have their say in court and the committee will rule..

the reactions to Julie's action is what is out of line and uncalled for...

Julie..appreciate you stepping up and asking the question..

One of our forum members - B. J. Norris - was listed at #16 in Open in yesterdays results!

I believe B. J. is 15 or 16 years old. He finished #11 at the Open Nationals this year. This appears to be another Rodney Dangerfield coming on.

You go B.J. !

Al,

Thanks for the support. BJ had a very good match all week, but had a difficult day this morning. He was in position to insure a top 16 and possibly a top 10 finish at his first WS. I believe the enormity of the week hit him last night. We won´t know until later if he made the top 16 or not, it will be close. He was shooting the same stages every day as the SS, just in the opposite time slot so it was easy to keep up with his progress.

On the positive side, he had a stage win (15), several top ten stage finishes, and a very disputed call on Stage 13 cost him a second stage win.

When we get back home you will see us on the range often for the next three weeks while he switches gears for his first Steel Challenge.

Tim